bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 10th Dec 2012, 20:00   #1
Kryll
Minimodder

Kryll has yet to learn the way of the DremelKryll has yet to learn the way of the DremelKryll has yet to learn the way of the DremelKryll has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Macchiato (Finished February 5)

Macchiato - made out of black espresso with some milk. Same color team as in this build, black and brown.

A long and boring winter ahead, so time for a new project.

This build will be based on the Bitfenix Prodigy case. A little big case that have room for everything and not to tight to work with.

The material for this build will be sapele ( a African kind of mahogany). The rest of the case will be covered in plexiglass that I will paint black on the inside.
All will look similar to one of my older builds, Cream. But in black and better cooling.

Concept picture of what I have in mind.

The air vents will be covered with dust filters and mesh and not to be open as in the pictures.

Last edited by Kryll; 5th Feb 2013 at 21:14.
Kryll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2012, 20:02   #2
Kryll
Minimodder

Kryll has yet to learn the way of the DremelKryll has yet to learn the way of the DremelKryll has yet to learn the way of the DremelKryll has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Started to strip all unnecessary from the case

Last picture show how the case will stand when all is done.

Some of the frame material sawn and planed.

Assembled to a L shape

I have also managed to do some of the corners.

Old 10th Dec 2012, 20:04   #3
Kryll
Minimodder

Working on the frame

Old 10th Dec 2012, 21:12   #4
SuicideNeil
I'm insane, not stupid.

SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.
This is off to a great looking start
Old 10th Dec 2012, 21:14   #5
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

AciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run Crysis
Ohh this will be good Subscribing to this one for sure :P
AciD_RaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2012, 21:15   #6
Ra6
Multimodder

Ra6 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice looking pieces of wood! It's a great combination with the other parts of the mod!
Ra6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 09:24   #7
Sn00k3r
Modder

Sn00k3r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice craftmanship

subed'
Sn00k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 15:00   #8
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Subed for more wood..... :X
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 15:23   #9
Ace_finland
Multimodder

Ace_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for president
nice! keep those pictures coming!
Ace_finland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 15:46   #10
Sissilisko
Multimodder

Sissilisko has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
what are you planing for the empty space? and nice start

unfinished:
none!
Sissilisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 17:11   #11
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Here aswell? Well it´s looking very very nice kryll!!

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 19:30   #12
Scirocco
Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I like where this is going!
Old 14th Dec 2012, 23:12   #13
Kryll
Minimodder

Thank you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
Here aswell? Well it´s looking very very nice kryll!!
I'm a attention whore

Sorry for being a bit slow on the updates, here is the latest anyway...

Did the only real modification an the original case. Drilled a total of 8 holes I the frame
The holes is placed right where the feet/handles are mounted so the Prodigy can be restored to it's original appearance just by unscrew some screws (why should I want to do that??? )

Screwed the frame in to place and tested the "hood frame".

And the bottom part of the frame is done.

After that it was time to work on the plexi, milling out the vents and bending it in shape

Well.. It didn't work out.
At the first try I ended up with a huge crack in the middle of the bent, bended the plastic before it was hot enough ("forgot" to take a picture at that).
Second try I ended up with a misshaped vent and a small crack.

On Monday it's the third time, wish me luck
Old 14th Dec 2012, 23:15   #14
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
This is my kind of colour scheme! Can't wait for more!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2012, 16:50   #15
k.3nny
Hypermodder

k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
looking verry good already!
k.3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2012, 17:48   #16
Fordy
Multimodder

Fordy has yet to learn the way of the DremelFordy has yet to learn the way of the DremelFordy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome woodsmanship
Old 15th Dec 2012, 21:18   #17
Ch2pa
Minimodder

Ch2pa has yet to learn the way of the DremelCh2pa has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well done sir, this is a very promising start

When you bent the plexi, what did you used to push on it? (and maintain a good curve?)
Ch2pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2012, 21:28   #18
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I didnt know acrylic crack when heat bending. Btw, looks like a nice worpshop. Is it yours?

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2012, 23:32   #19
Kryll
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch2pa View Post
Well done sir, this is a very promising start

When you bent the plexi, what did you used to push on it? (and maintain a good curve?)
Just used a flat piece of wood to press with and pulling the plexi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
I didnt know acrylic crack when heat bending. Btw, looks like a nice worpshop. Is it yours?
Think the problem was that it was not hot enough when I bent it.
Not my own workshop, but where I work. Almost my own anyway
Old 16th Dec 2012, 09:18   #20
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I really enjoy watching this log. Looks very nice.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode