bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 10th Dec 2012, 16:42   #1
myrizzle
Multimodder

myrizzle has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
600T Dual 360Rad mod - End of the world Leaktesting update pictures 21/12-2012

Hi there fellow modders.

I've been encouraged to start a thread here on bit tech to.

So here goes.

Will start chronologically :-)

Started out as a plan, a couple of months ago. Wanted to mod my Corsair 600T SE case, as i got tired of the white. So i came up with a grand scheme.

I had a desire to make 2 360mm radiators fit, and and a all acrylic custom reservoir. So i started drawing.

And then i got on the CNC Lathe, Mazak Integrex we have at my school.

Lil' teaser got out of it.

Some days later i had the chance to finish it!

And then one of my friends, also here on bit-tech p0Pe inspired me to do some pump mounts. So i drew them up in Solid Works.

A couple of days later i got to the CNC mill, did my thing and this awesome piece of kit came out

And mounted!

All this sums up a few months hesitation and delays, combined with a lot to do at work. So this weekend, there was plenty of time to get something done. My girlfriend had to work, so I slipped in the workshop.

So now pictures, says more than words. This is what i got done this weekend.

Chaos

Originally i did plan to weld the lasercut plates into the case, but the case metal was way to thin for my welding skills.

Rads all mounted, fits like a charm - and look the pump mounts, pretty cool or is it just me?

Had to make space for HDD Mounting, so i made this plate.

This is one day of work. And i called it for the day, next day vinyl wrapping and paint

VINYL, and lots of it

And the Vinyl pick of the day - of course 3M DiNoc

Pretty nice lookin'!

Matt black and 3M DiNoc Vinyl - not to shabby! Classic some might say!

The other side, with a picture of my hungover cousin!

#RoyalMess

Mounted up, done as for now. Waiting for Watercooling parts, to get the project done.

Tell me what you think. My first casemod!

Last edited by myrizzle; 21st Dec 2012 at 17:34.
myrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2012, 16:46   #2
fr0Zen
sabertooth 990FX

fr0Zen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfr0Zen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Finaly on Bitty nice work i have heard the the top panel should be difficult to di-noc
Old 10th Dec 2012, 16:50   #3
myrizzle
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0Zen View Post
Finaly on Bitty nice work i have heard the the top panel should be difficult to di-noc
Yeah the top was over my abilities, so i painted it black to
Old 10th Dec 2012, 17:17   #4
k.3nny
Hypermodder

k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Noooooo! You have so much nice vinyl! and u choose overrated carbon ! i would used bright green or bright red oid! or go crazy and take purple!

But your overall work is verry nice!
k.3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2012, 17:28   #5
jamsand
Ultramodder

jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.
you seen the thermalright ty-147 is out??? aria sell it. Black and white version of the ty-140
jamsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2012, 17:39   #6
myrizzle
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.3nny View Post
Noooooo! You have so much nice vinyl! and u choose overrated carbon ! i would used bright green or bright red oid! or go crazy and take purple!

But your overall work is verry nice!
Yeah i know, but ordinary vinyl is quite boring imo. Then you could just paint it instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsand View Post
you seen the thermalright ty-147 is out??? aria sell it. Black and white version of the ty-140
Yeah i saw that, but i dont fancy air cooling much
Old 11th Dec 2012, 09:00   #7
Ra6
Multimodder

Ra6 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great job! I just think that white is better for this case, but with that vinyl it looks awesome too!
I only would change the direction of the pattern of the vinyl, making all of them follow the same direction!
Ra6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2012, 11:03   #8
jay2
Indonesian Modder

jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
it rather hurt seeing those carbon shine not on one direction..
jay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 19:42   #9
myrizzle
Multimodder

Yeah i know bout that Carbon, turning the wrong way. But it was something i had in excess, so i just put it on for fun.
Just saw the way the "fibres" went to late

Anyway, made a new reservoir today to fit my mod better

Note to self: get better camera!
Old 18th Dec 2012, 17:49   #10
myrizzle
Multimodder

This just came in today!
A little "before" christmas update for what will be going in the rig when it's completed!
Old 18th Dec 2012, 17:59   #11
jamsand
Ultramodder

jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrizzle View Post
Yeah i know bout that Carbon, turning the wrong way. But it was something i had in excess, so i just put it on for fun.
Just saw the way the "fibres" went to late

Anyway, made a new reservoir today to fit my mod better

Note to self: get better camera!
can i get the old one then they look fantastic :P
jamsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Dec 2012, 20:58   #12
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Brilliant! I seriously love those pump mounts!
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 17:32   #13
myrizzle
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
Brilliant! I seriously love those pump mounts!
Glad you like it!

Leaktesting at the moment!

Next up, i have to order sleeving - think that original AX850 sleeve looks like crap now!
Old 21st Dec 2012, 18:02   #14
flame696
Terminating People Since 1980....

flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.
Looks gorgeous, what colour sleeving are you going to get?
flame696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 18:05   #15
myrizzle
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame696 View Post
Looks gorgeous, what colour sleeving are you going to get?
Think i'm goin for a combo of green, grey and black!
Old 21st Dec 2012, 18:16   #16
flame696
Terminating People Since 1980....

flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.
Can't wait for the sleeving and finished rig
flame696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 18:50   #17
myrizzle
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame696 View Post
Can't wait for the sleeving and finished rig
Yeah me 2, after christmas some time. Expensive holiday, and a girlfriend expecting gifts

View Mode