bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 7th Dec 2012, 14:33   #1021
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwisdom View Post
Quick question. How are you using the wireless capabilities on a pc? Is it Bluetooth?
Yeah it's with a bluetooth dongle. There are several methods to synk the PS3 controller to PC but I decided to go with a program called Motionjoy, that seemed to be most easy and straight forward method. There are videos on youtube that describes the process, HERE is one for example. Im not shure if it will work with a built in bluetooth or if it has to be a separate dongle. There are also some dongles that is not supported, both the ones I tried with works but it might be good if you can try before you buy.

Good luck if you decide to give it ago.

Project: ProtoHype (paused)
Project: GET A LIFE (Complete)
Project: Widescreen Projector(Complete)
Guide: How to brush Aluminum
The_Gnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2012, 14:53   #1022
Darkwisdom
Mods Everything In Sight

Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.
I knew about motioninjoy, didn't know about the Bluetooth. Can you use more than one controller with one Bluetooth adapter?

Retro Stuff:USB modded N64, NES, Gamecube, Mega Drive and Dreamcast controllers for Emulation ~ Homemade Arcade Stick ~
Darkwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2012, 15:27   #1023
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
I knew about motioninjoy, didn't know about the Bluetooth. Can you use more than one controller with one Bluetooth adapter?
Seems like I´m not the only one interested here

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2012, 15:40   #1024
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Im not shure yet, I will try to do some testing to see if I can figure it out though. As quizz_kid seems kind of interested in knowing two

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
Seems like I´m not the only one interested here
Hehe yep, seems like theres a demand for this info. I'll let you know as soon as I have been able to test it to ease you minds.

Old 7th Dec 2012, 17:59   #1025
TotalGaos
Stainless steel.. hmm..

TotalGaos has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is really awesome, Gnu! Please post a link of your new project in this thread so I can follow that one too! (I, unfortunately, have little time to check every new build)
Old 7th Dec 2012, 23:58   #1026
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalGaos View Post
This is really awesome, Gnu! Please post a link of your new project in this thread so I can follow that one too! (I, unfortunately, have little time to check every new build)
Thanks a lot TotalGaos, it's nice to heat you are interested in my next projects and I will make shure to post a link to it in this thread once it starts.

As a mini update. I browsed through my photos and realised I hadn't shown the fiberoptic lightguides I did in action. So I added some bonus shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gnu View Post
Backside fiberoptic lightguides working, green=power, yellow=network, red=bluetooth. The green one turned out a bit brighter than the others but it's not as bright as the pcture. I had to make a long exposure shot to get them all lit at once since the other LEDs are flashing.

Old 8th Dec 2012, 00:14   #1027
Darkwisdom
Mods Everything In Sight

Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Im not shure yet, I will try to do some testing to see if I can figure it out though. As quizz_kid seems kind of interested in knowing two

Hehe yep, seems like theres a demand for this info. I'll let you know as soon as I have been able to test it to ease you minds.
Yeah. I'm really interested in converting an N64 controller to Wireless.

Retro Stuff:USB modded N64, NES, Gamecube, Mega Drive and Dreamcast controllers for Emulation ~ Homemade Arcade Stick ~
Darkwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Dec 2012, 02:39   #1028
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Freakin' beautiful! I also like that you are stockpiling metal. Always a good sign, but you could work on protohype and the pico too.*hint*
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Dec 2012, 22:19   #1029
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

Quote:
Yeah. I'm really interested in converting an N64 controller to Wireless.
Hm.. that would be nice. N64 gave me some of the best gaming memories of all time. I think it could be possible to fit a ps3 pcb inside it. Might meet some challenge on the analog stick though but the challenge is the fun part. Ill try to get some testing done tomorrow and let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Freakin' beautiful! I also like that you are stockpiling metal. Always a good sign, but you could work on protohype and the pico too.*hint*
Thanks cheap, I'm always looking forward to your comments
Every time I have acess to a car around the metal suplier, I try to pic something up. And this time it became quite a lot. Should be good for a couple of weeks atleast.

Yeah ProtoHype was a long time ago now. Instead of continuing it as it is, I will make a redesign of the whole case basically only keeping the top , bottom and maybe the DVD drive. But first up is the Pico-itx project, and maybe protohype somewhat on the side along the way. But my timeplaning is always way too optimistic so we'll se about that..

Old 9th Dec 2012, 13:41   #1030
k.3nny
Hypermodder

k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Yes finally the wel deserver pics we al where waiting for !

It looks realy good! Muchos respectos sir!
k.3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2012, 16:36   #1031
craig - toyoracer
Supermodder

craig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysis
Fantastic finish on a wonderful case.

So many great modding tips in one build, this will go in my bookmarks.

Such great workmanship. Love that power-on light

I hope you enjoy it for many years.
Old 9th Dec 2012, 18:51   #1032
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.3nny View Post
Yes finally the wel deserver pics we al where waiting for !

It looks realy good! Muchos respectos sir!
Thanks kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig - toyoracer View Post
Fantastic finish on a wonderful case.

So many great modding tips in one build, this will go in my bookmarks.

Such great workmanship. Love that power-on light

I hope you enjoy it for many years.
Thanks Craig, I learned a lot during this build and I try to share as much as possible of new ideas and findings. Nice to hear that you liked the tips, I hope they are usefull.

Thanks for following and supporting this build

Old 9th Dec 2012, 20:15   #1033
ASPHIAX
Beyond Complexity Lies Simplicity

ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Very original!
Love it !
congratz on finishing it !
W. www.ModWithMe.com
FB. https://www.facebook.com/ModWithMe
ASPHIAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2012, 15:41   #1034
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

@ Darkwisdom & Quizz_kid
I' have been testing to add more controllers now and I have to say that I was a bit surprised to see that it is actually possible to connect two (maybe more) PS3 controllers to the same bluetooth dongle. I was expecting it to require a lot of work but it was actually really easy. I just repeated the pairing process for both the controllers in motioninjoy and I was good to go. I've tested them and they both work independent of each other.

Quizz, I think you mentioned something about you having issues with the 360 receiver. I havn't tested it but it looks like it's possible to connect a 360 controller in the same way so maybe you can use your existing controller with a bluetooth dongle. FYI I used this one,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPHIAX View Post
Very original!
Love it !
congratz on finishing it !
Thanks Asphiax, im glad you liked it.

Old 11th Dec 2012, 16:01   #1035
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Quizz, I think you mentioned something about you having issues with the 360 receiver. I havn't tested it but it looks like it's possible to connect a 360 controller in the same way so maybe you can use your existing controller with a bluetooth dongle. FYI I used this
Thanks for testing multiple controllers. Nice to hear it´s working out. I might go for ps3 controllers if my chinese budget gadgets doesn´t work. The issue with the xbox controllers wasn´t the multiple function, it was the drivers for the receiver. I just could make it work in XP, and searching through forums I realised that some computers just can´t deal with the xbox receiver. Gonna look into that dongle though! Thx!!

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2012, 17:27   #1036
dream1
Multimodder

dream1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I cant say enything because all is sed. Dam this lan port LED look realy good. Well all done and looks realy good
dream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2012, 20:55   #1037
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream1 View Post
I cant say enything because all is sed. Dam this lan port LED look realy good. Well all done and looks realy good
Thank you At first I wasn't shure how well those fiberoptic extensions would work. But they turned out much better than expected so Im pretty shure I will use more of them in the future.

Old 12th Dec 2012, 01:49   #1038
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
This level of modding is God-ish!!!! You my friend, are a master for sure. This looks more than awesome!!! If that mod goes for sale, the bids will sky rocket FOR SURE!!!!! Mod on man, you rock!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 22:29   #1039
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
This level of modding is God-ish!!!! You my friend, are a master for sure. This looks more than awesome!!! If that mod goes for sale, the bids will sky rocket FOR SURE!!!!! Mod on man, you rock!
Very nice words from the master himself. Thank you very much.
Everything is for sale at the right price . But in this case, It would have to be a very good offer before I would even consider selling it. Way to much blood,sweat and tears put into this that only a modder himself can see.

Old 13th Dec 2012, 13:58   #1040
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
Excellent job, I LOVE it!

Tags
aluminium, godly nostalgia bomb, heatpipe, htpc, mill, mini-itx

View Mode