bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: Pump orientation, facing forward or facing backwards?
Pumps facing backward 16 43.24%
Pumps facing forward 21 56.76%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11th Dec 2012, 00:01   #261
riekmaharg2
has finished Blue Horizon

riekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Cant wait to see those pipes installed they look awesome

Silent Fiberglass PC

Completed * Blue Horizon * - 2012
riekmaharg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2012, 20:38   #262
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Squigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3p View Post
Ohhhh boy .. Can't wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
The plating on those pipes looks top notch .
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotdrew View Post
The plating on those pipes looks fantastic after buffing, can't wait to see it all put together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
The pipes polished up real nice congrats & can't wait for the final shots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crapman View Post
can't wait to see it all together. this wait is gonna be as bed a christmas eve!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gnu View Post
Sweet buffing going on there.
I have to say I'm a bit jealous at the moment, getting parts back from treatment is like christmas. Sharpen your screwdriver, fill up the fridge with beverage of choise and have a nice weekend of assemblying.

Awsome project, and rep + for doing a desk with a pretty challenging shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluc View Post
MOAR UPDATES. !!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by riekmaharg2 View Post
Cant wait to see those pipes installed they look awesome
Thanks all, put a lot o work into em pipes so was real happy with how they came out...

Ok so been busy with the build since last Friday, been a hectic few days but machine is finally back up and busy posting from it now, Alas the glass company let me down and didnt deliver yesterday (or today for that mater) so still not 100% done.. but lets start at the beginning shall we..

So Friday of course I had all the pieces back from the powder coater, I needed a few more cables and to pick up all all important :mdpc: package (A big thanks Nils!!!)

So started pretty late Friday afternoon, wont go step by step as there are over 150 images of the build alone ( a big thanks to my dearest wife for being my photographer during all of this) but started with mounting some panels

could then start with a few components slowly but surely

first of the rear tubing

jumping ahead a bit now, got the mobo in, and all cards as well as most of the front tubing in

then got busy with a few more panels

time for that monster 1080 radiator, this is a shot of the little power distribution board i had made up before from some vero board

and mounted on the panel

Then in the desk

of course MDPC is adding its special touches everywhere

an innards photo of the two temp sensors and cd bay

I also painted in the logo on the CPU block like i did the GPU blocks

first drive mounted

storage drives done

back to finishing off the piping

got the pumps mounted

MAN DOWN!!!!! nope just busy connecting up some cables for the drives, but at this point it I was feeling like the desk was winning a bit

Of course all cables were nicely sleeved, went with shrikless for all points, love this stuff!!

more panels mounted...

and finally last piece of the waterloop in, the flow meter.. was a happy momnet!

got the top panels and screen mount prepped and installed

ready for screens

then got the cable routing panels covered

After a slight snag where i need to get a 90 degree adaptor for one of the screen cables as its JUST to short, had to change the screen rotation for the moment, also got the front plexi and front panel mounted

front UV leds mounted

then it was crunch time... time to fill the loop and do a leak test, just one small leak in the back ares where my muppet self didnt tighten the one connector so an easy fix with minimal spill.... luckily!!

after a 24hour leak test with pumps on full power i turned them down and was time t power it up, these are the temp sensors on the radiator btw..

so this is it for the moment...

Still to do:
Phone and hound them to bring the glass (mount glass) lolz
also need to mount the back panel and get the 90 degree adapter for the screens... and that's bout it!!!

Will of course do a bunch of final shots when its all ready, as well as a vid of the LED breathing effect

As always thanks for checking in peeps
Suigs out... needs me a nice cold beer and some rest!!
Old 11th Dec 2012, 20:50   #263
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Looking incredible already. Dam those glass people denying us the finished article!

How to Get a FREE (sort of) Hard Drive and Other Small Parts
The_Crapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2012, 21:00   #264
RebootTech
Budget? What Budget?

RebootTech has yet to learn the way of the DremelRebootTech has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Un-frickin-believable. This could be my favorite build ever. The first class craftsmanship and attention to detail are simply incredible! Amazing!
Corsair 350D Touch of the Past
In Process:Firefighter Tribute, "Last Call" Fallen Officer Tribute
RebootTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2012, 21:26   #265
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Indeed really good looking!
I remember the times laying under and on top of the desk connecting the wires/tubes
l3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2012, 21:41   #266
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Wow. Beautiful. Well done,mate.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2012, 21:45   #267
flame696
Terminating People Since 1980....

flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.
So when are you going to build me one that's beautiful work such amazing detail
Old 11th Dec 2012, 22:31   #268
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Looking incredible already. Dam those glass people denying us the finished article!
We should go knock on their door and tell them to hurry the f*** up We want to see the completed desk!!
Old 11th Dec 2012, 22:41   #269
lakisss
I know what a dremel is...

lakisss has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think you might consider put your hdd's on horizontal or vertical position.
I did the same thing on my project (45 degrees angle) and one disk failed last week.
lakisss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2012, 22:49   #270
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarakon View Post
We should go knock on their door and tell them to hurry the f*** up We want to see the completed desk!!
I'll get my stomping boots...

How to Get a FREE (sort of) Hard Drive and Other Small Parts
The_Crapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 02:33   #271
Bladesingerz
Hypermodder

Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Squigly man, I've been waiting for those final shots ever since you start your project and I must say you didn't fail to impress me. Everything looks so good and amasing, very well done good sir!
Already one of the best desk builds out there. Yup I said it!
Bladesingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 07:55   #272
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking awesome Squigly, looking forward to the final shots of this beauty.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 12:18   #273
B NEGATIVE
All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

B NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Very nice Squig.....makes me want to build one now....
B NEGATIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 21:48   #274
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Squigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Tell them bud!!! tell em again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebootTech View Post
Un-frickin-believable. This could be my favorite build ever. The first class craftsmanship and attention to detail are simply incredible! Amazing!
Thanks RebootTech, much appretiated

Quote:
Indeed really good looking!
I remember the times laying under and on top of the desk connecting the wires/tubes
I have no doubt you know exactly what i went through since you have done it a few times now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
Wow. Beautiful. Well done,mate.
Thanks so much Pranja!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame696 View Post
So when are you going to build me one that's beautiful work such amazing detail
lols, let the wife calm from this build first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarakon View Post
Im at the point of camping on their doorstep lols!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakisss View Post
I think you might consider put your hdd's on horizontal or vertical position.
I did the same thing on my project (45 degrees angle) and one disk failed last week.
Hmmm that is concerning, Sorry to hear your drives failed, I have done a fair bit of research on this and spoken to the manufacturer, they seem to say its ok, I also chatted with some guys that build car PC's and they mount drives in all kinds of orientations, and they dont have any failures and thats with a lot of extra vibration and motion... have made backups just in case though!!

Quote:
I'll get my stomping boots...
I'll meet you there, we can leave some imprints in some foreheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesingerz View Post
Squigly man, I've been waiting for those final shots ever since you start your project and I must say you didn't fail to impress me. Everything looks so good and amasing, very well done good sir!
Already one of the best desk builds out there. Yup I said it!
Thanks so much Bladesingerz, really glad you likes it bud!! Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Looking awesome Squigly, looking forward to the final shots of this beauty.
Thanks Waynio, some shots today but still no glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post
Very nice Squig.....makes me want to build one now....
lols, me thinks you could out-build me any day, would lurv to see you take on a deskbuild!!

ok so as mentioned no glass again today, but i did harass them and put some shoe polish up some rear ends.. so I was promised tomorrow, but honestly, heard that before... anyways a few more final shots, best I can do without the top glass for now.. will let the pics speak for themselves

Old 12th Dec 2012, 22:04   #275
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Goosebumps!!!
l3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 23:08   #276
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

xSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the DremelxSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very nice but turn on the lights lol

Follow me on Facebook!
xSoMBrAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 01:15   #277
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
such an awesome shape to it man. Cant wait to see the lights on photos
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 16:51   #278
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I like it a lot I must come knock on your front door to see it IRL
Old 13th Dec 2012, 17:08   #279
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Quote:
Goosebumps!!!
lols, thanks l3p

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSoMBrAx View Post
Very nice but turn on the lights lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
such an awesome shape to it man. Cant wait to see the lights on photos
Thanks guys, yea was hoping for the glass before some day shots, but alas its still not here, so a few quick ones.

Also did a shot of temps, this was after about 2 hours of haven
Old 14th Dec 2012, 04:03   #280
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Really really nice desk rig & nice temps, I'm liking how that IO piece looks lit up, can't wait to have mine up & running, looks awesome, hope they get you get that glass real soon too.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode