bit-tech.net

Old 11th Dec 2012, 14:21   #3321
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilljoy View Post
Any of you guys had any experience using future floor polish to make washes?

Seen a guy in a video doing it and it looked well, anyone have any tips on where to get this stuff over here in the UK?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75QATgOMJi0
I haven't, but the FW books mention it a lot.

Good luck finding it here, though, I've only ever seen one bottle on ebay at 35 :/
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2012, 20:06   #3322
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

gilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by saspro View Post
Anyone need the new Chaos codex?

I've ended up with 2 copies.
If you haven't got rid of it by Christmas I might be able to take it off your hands, the gf might be getting me one for Christmas so can't but just yet
Old 11th Dec 2012, 21:30   #3323
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.

Decided to take a break from yellow by painting.. More yellow.

I'll take a non **** picture one day soon - The two aircraft are airbrushed with four different mixes of grey.

One old - Chaos Black & Adeptus Battlegrey, and three new (I kept running out of paint..) based around mechanicus standard grey, abaddon black, and Skavenlight dinge.
Old 12th Dec 2012, 07:47   #3324
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

gilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post

Decided to take a break from yellow by painting.. More yellow.

I'll take a non **** picture one day soon - The two aircraft are airbrushed with four different mixes of grey.

One old - Chaos Black & Adeptus Battlegrey, and three new (I kept running out of paint..) based around mechanicus standard grey, abaddon black, and Skavenlight dinge.
Looks really well man, how close a colour is the mechanicus standard grey to adeptus battlegrey? I use to use that for my space wolves but i've ran out
Old 12th Dec 2012, 09:29   #3325
liratheal
Sharing is caring

For my purposes, it was almost identical - But I mix it 2:1 with black, so I'm probably not the best person to ask on that front!
Old 12th Dec 2012, 09:47   #3326
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
For my purposes, it was almost identical - But I mix it 2:1 with black, so I'm probably not the best person to ask on that front!
It'll be close enough cheers man I'll go pick it up today.
Old 14th Dec 2012, 11:49   #3327
philheckler
Used to be a pc enthusiast

philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Latest wip pics..

Old 14th Dec 2012, 19:12   #3328
Almightyrastus
Engineering the awesome

Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking good there Phil, loving the way that the layers on the tusks comes out.

I was having another poke through some stuff I grabbed out of my parent's loft the last time I was up there and found a few choice rarities that I thought I would share with you all.

First up is a Rune Priest in terminator armour:

No please bear in mind that these were all painted around 15 years ago so leave a little to be desired...

Next up is the big man himself, Thrud the Barbarian.

now this is not an original cast but is one of the last ones to be able to be pulled from the original moulds before they cracked too much to be useable any more. I also have one of the remakes done by Heresy Miniatures somewhere.

Now this one's a real rarity:

A metal Necron which I actually have a date for:

Seriously, I couldn't believe it when I turned it over and saw when I painted it but I promise you that is the actual date I painted back then.

And finally, some bits from back when I worked at the head office:

3 Empire coins and 2 Necromundan Imperial credit chips. These things were normally given out at staff gatherings and were used as beer tokens in Bugman's with each one being worth one pint.
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2012, 08:46   #3329
philheckler

philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks - The horns on the thundertusk were quite simple to do , just kemri brown then an all over agrax wash , drybrush again with kemri followe by another light drybrush of 50/50 kemri / bleached bone followed by a last verylight drybrush of bleached bone by itself.. then using a detail brush paint paint a shadow in the the groove of each ridge with agrax wash...

Better pic...

I love seeing the old stuff , i've just won a really old Lord of the rings miniature off ebay for a fiver that's over 25 years old , i painted it up back in the day but no longer have it , its a hooded sauron sat on a throne made of tortured souls, such a nice mini that shows an original approach to the subject not like the movie clone stuff they put out now that i really dislike... (well apart form the eowyn / nazgul king pellenor vignette which i really like...)

Last edited by philheckler; 15th Dec 2012 at 08:55.
philheckler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Dec 2012, 06:20   #3330
Aalia Nebhan
What's a Dremel?

Aalia Nebhan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have always believed Games Workshop have been kind of low-key supporting the online games. You don't seem to see any big marketing/advertising from their part. Maybe they're terrified the activity takes table top players. Regardless I think this creates it quite obvious the respect GW has for the online game.

______
Sbobet
Aalia Nebhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Dec 2012, 07:40   #3331
philheckler

The thundertusk is just about dome now , just need to do the back rest for the rear ogre and all the add on bits that hang on the various hooks. So i've started on the base , found some nice chunks of bark in a kids playground that made nice weathered rocks and with a hot glue gun and some milliput and sand came up with this...

Old 17th Dec 2012, 09:44   #3332
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.
Lovely work Phil!

Looking through the Flickr feed on the GW site, I've grown weary of this "glowing eyes" effect that has become so common place. Sometimes, it's done very well, in a more subtle manner. Generally though it's like there are 1KW bulbs in their eye sockets!

Nicest one I have seen of late has been Ulrik... by that I mean the glow on the plasma pistol, not his eyes
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Dec 2012, 21:57   #3333
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ZiiP] NaloaC View Post
Lovely work Phil!

Looking through the Flickr feed on the GW site, I've grown weary of this "glowing eyes" effect that has become so common place. Sometimes, it's done very well, in a more subtle manner. Generally though it's like there are 1KW bulbs in their eye sockets!

Nicest one I have seen of late has been Ulrik... by that I mean the glow on the plasma pistol, not his eyes
Thats an epic paint scheme for unfortunately a horrid model

I'm currently painting my space wolves up in a similar scheme as the one shown on GW
Old 17th Dec 2012, 22:29   #3334
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.[ZiiP] NaloaC is definitely a rep cheat.
Ulrik is a rather crap mini. I would like to see an iteration done of the design.

Of the SW/SM minis, I'd love to get Arjac and the Terminator Chaplain. Sadly, both are horrendously expensive.
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
Old 17th Dec 2012, 22:47   #3335
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ZiiP] NaloaC View Post
Ulrik is a rather crap mini. I would like to see an iteration done of the design.

Of the SW/SM minis, I'd love to get Arjac and the Terminator Chaplain. Sadly, both are horrendously expensive.
And Arjac is only available in finecast which I dont like... My models hammer drooped
Old 17th Dec 2012, 23:17   #3336
Tichinde
Supermodder

Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Thats an epic paint scheme for unfortunately a horrid model

I'm currently painting my space wolves up in a similar scheme as the one shown on GW
I like that model, but hot damn if that plasma pistol doesn't look amazing.....
Is that Necro not the one that was given away with WD once??
Tichinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Dec 2012, 23:26   #3337
Almightyrastus
Engineering the awesome

Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm not too sure if it was that one which was given away or another one which i have somewhere. I think there were only a couple of versions of the metal ones
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Dec 2012, 00:04   #3338
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

It was indeed one that was given away with WD. I have the same one, albeit in several pieces which I used to adorn a few bases...

I think I still have an old Destroyer in my bits box.
Old 18th Dec 2012, 00:06   #3339
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
And Arjac is only available in finecast which I dont like... My models hammer drooped
Arjac is 21 and the Termiechap is 18.50

Damned if I am paying that kind of money for a single unit.
Old 18th Dec 2012, 07:48   #3340
adrock
Caninus Nervous Rex

adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.
i'm sure when i was collecting terminators were 3-4 each in a blister pack. wtf is going on?

i'm sure the answer is inflation and more than a decade of time passing, but still.

is there any value in old metal 3rd edition minis? i have stacks of them at home.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
40k, games workshop, no skimlinks, say no to skimlinks, white dwarf