bit-tech.net

Old 11th Dec 2012, 16:25   #1
One_Box
Folder of the month April 2012

One_Box has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bye for now

Decided to give Folding a break over the winter, my garage is getting far too cold for some of my gear.

Hope to be back next Spring.

Merry Christmas to you all
Old 11th Dec 2012, 17:33   #2
debs3759
Was that a warranty I just broke?

debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.
Time to bring it in and lower your heating bill

HeatWare
debs3759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2012, 17:36   #3
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by debs3759 View Post
Time to bring it in and lower your heating bill
+1
Old 11th Dec 2012, 18:58   #4
DocJonz
Another CPC refugee .....

DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Sorry to hear you are stopping.
(I would have thought that running flat-out in winter was better than doing so in spring/summer, specifically because of the temperature issues??)
Old 11th Dec 2012, 20:11   #5
kirk46
Cheesecake Nom Nom

kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.kirk46 is definitely a rep cheat.
ship it over to me one box il heat my house with it
Old 12th Dec 2012, 08:44   #6
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Cooling loop freezing up?
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 21:13   #7
Scorpuk
Supermodder

Scorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run Crysis
Must be really cold down your way.

My mayhem pastel red freezing point is -8degC. Deff seen less than that in the country recently.

I guess its the risk of the computer shutting down during a cold spell and the coolant freezing. It certainly shouldnt freeze while running. It probably have to get down to -20degC or lower for it to be a problem while running, but better to be safe that sorry. Expensive gear. :-)

I know my bedroom is rather toasty at the moment.
Scorpuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 09:09   #8
cave_diver
Modding Virgin

cave_diver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
We are a funny old bunch ... I like to point out that us brit's are always whinging (sometimes rightly so) ... perfect example the WEATHER ... we get about two weeks of decent summer each year, and its grey and rainy the rest ....

Now observing the demographic of "folders" ... we moan when summer arrives because we have to back off the OC's and then we moan when its too cold?!

I'm just bantering one_box ... My farm is shut down for fiscal reasons it certainly did a good job of keeping the garage nice and warm when they were all running

Folding with: E3400, U7300, Opteron, E6750, Athlon64, 8800GTX x 2, GTX260 x 2
http://piro.pirocast.net/badge/fah01...255/538862.png
cave_diver is offline   Reply With Quote