bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 15th Dec 2012, 22:15   #101
siliconfanatic
Johny-come-lately

siliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
awesomesauce.... just.... awesomesauce. awesomesause that is hypospraying a hole in my jeans AGAIN.
Do not let anything good in life pass you by. Cherish it with all of your heart, because before you know it even life will have passed you by. And if you let all those things pass you by? The only thing filling your heart will be deep sadness and regret. So whatever you do, hold on, and never let go.
siliconfanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Dec 2012, 02:00   #102
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
So, one tiny update before I go on holiday break for two weeks.

One more shot of the rad mounting, just cause I like it so much

Got that special angled SATA delivered today. The lenght is perect...

... but I still had to cut it to fit through the 6mm hole in the top plate.

Itll look something like this. Dont know about the copper pipe though, think I might use only the black plastic bezel here.

Then I decided to do something scary, solder onto the mobo. I want the minimum of cables displayed on top, which is why I decided to have the pw switch and LED connections under the mobo.

Done! ... Hope I didnt burned anything important.

Then I discovered something stupid. I guess Ive miscalculated somewhere, the 90 angles wont work as you can see. Could 45 angles work maybe? I sure hope so

Close up of the failure!

Well... Laterzz!

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision

Last edited by quizz_kid; 19th Dec 2012 at 07:51.
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Dec 2012, 02:46   #103
Sam__
Multimodder

Sam__ should be considered for presidentSam__ should be considered for presidentSam__ should be considered for presidentSam__ should be considered for presidentSam__ should be considered for presidentSam__ should be considered for presidentSam__ should be considered for presidentSam__ should be considered for presidentSam__ should be considered for presidentSam__ should be considered for presidentSam__ should be considered for president
looking good, shame the 90s didnt quite fit. hopefully 45s will.
Old 19th Dec 2012, 03:35   #104
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Your modding is more ballsy than mine, I'd be too scared of knackering parts.

Superb modding Quizz.

Failure for now but knowing you it won't be a problem for long, just as your preparing for break time I'm getting back onto a new project real soon.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Dec 2012, 07:45   #105
Dk_vr
Multimodder

Dk_vr has yet to learn the way of the DremelDk_vr has yet to learn the way of the DremelDk_vr has yet to learn the way of the DremelDk_vr has yet to learn the way of the DremelDk_vr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very interesting, stylish and pro made design.
Keep the good work mate !
Dk_vr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Dec 2012, 07:46   #106
jokkos
too busy to mod *sigh*

jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
wow nice work man!

I really like the rad mounting as well...
as for the sata cable, I think it'll look better without the copper tube (just my personal opinion of course)

and I think you can work out the fittings for the watercooling, indeed it seems 45 degrees could work. Otherwise just turn the 90 degrees a bit?

nevertheless... great looking build and it just gets better
Old 20th Dec 2012, 00:42   #107
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam__ View Post
looking good, shame the 90s didnt quite fit. hopefully 45s will.
Thanks Sam... Yeah, Im counting on the 45s now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Your modding is more ballsy than mine, I'd be too scared of knackering parts.

Superb modding Quizz.

Failure for now but knowing you it won't be a problem for long, just as your preparing for break time I'm getting back onto a new project real soon.
Thank you Waynio! Nice to have your support as always. Yeah, I guess Ill sort it out. Btw, a new Waynio project??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk_vr View Post
Very interesting, stylish and pro made design.
Keep the good work mate !
Thank you Dk!! Means a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokkos View Post
wow nice work man!

I really like the rad mounting as well...
as for the sata cable, I think it'll look better without the copper tube (just my personal opinion of course)

and I think you can work out the fittings for the watercooling, indeed it seems 45 degrees could work. Otherwise just turn the 90 degrees a bit?

nevertheless... great looking build and it just gets better
Thanks jokkos! Yeah, Im going to ditch that copper pipe, keeping it clean. I dont think I could make the 90 angles work, due to the space and the stiff hose. Let's just hope 45sll work!

Old 20th Dec 2012, 01:15   #108
Petrol head
Modder

Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
This is looking amazing. Not normally into wood but this may convert me. Good luck with the pipes. I hope the 45's do solve the problem.

That took me a lot of saving with a wife and 4 young boys!!
Petrol head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 17:04   #109
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol head View Post
This is looking amazing. Not normally into wood but this may convert me. Good luck with the pipes. I hope the 45's do solve the problem.
Thank you Petrol head! Happy to hear that my project may covert you Waiting for the 45s now.

Old 22nd Dec 2012, 17:16   #110
Paslis
Supermodder

Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Looks awesome so far mate. Have a nice holiday break.
Project Ignotus
Paslis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 17:44   #111
siliconfanatic
Johny-come-lately

siliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
might have to make a wood case one day... just cause it gives a more... cosy feeling..

@ also, keep that copper under the bezel for the sata cable, even IF you make it a tad shorter. if you get rid of it the copper god will be sad. and copper god sad=chuck norris MAD!
Do not let anything good in life pass you by. Cherish it with all of your heart, because before you know it even life will have passed you by. And if you let all those things pass you by? The only thing filling your heart will be deep sadness and regret. So whatever you do, hold on, and never let go.
siliconfanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Dec 2012, 10:02   #112
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslis View Post
Looks awesome so far mate. Have a nice holiday break.
Thanks Paslis!! You have a nice weekend too... Hope youre up for 2013!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
might have to make a wood case one day... just cause it gives a more... cosy feeling..

@ also, keep that copper under the bezel for the sata cable, even IF you make it a tad shorter. if you get rid of it the copper god will be sad. and copper god sad=chuck norris MAD!
Thanks Silicon!

Old 12th Jan 2013, 02:27   #113
quizz_kid
Squid

Back from holidays with a minor update

Started on some cable making. Took what I found home. Had to kill some old USB cables to make new ones.

After 2 hrs of collecting...

Soldered.

Cables done. 5x USB extensions, 1x USB to type B(for the Arduino) and a smaller audio cable.

Close up.

Extensions glued into the casing.

From above.

Also made two 6-pin PCI-E cables.

Also got this little friend today... Thank you Erik from Inet.se for that one!!

Old 17th Jan 2013, 06:17   #114
quizz_kid
Squid

Update...

Put all the LEDs and their holders in place

Close up

Heres the Alphacool NexXxoS XP, a very nice looking block IMO. Simple

Installed i5 and block... Might do something about that mounting though, dont like those springs at all.

Arduino and breadboard placed underneath

Finally got my 45 fitting, and Im off to do leak testing

But also some bad news, the PSU is dead. Must have been some small piece of metal in there, because sparks flew and the fuses went out all over the place. I put a lot of hrs on that PSU with all that cutting and sleeving Well, a new is on the way but this will cause a delay.

Laterz

Old 17th Jan 2013, 23:31   #115
Karrek
Multimodder

Karrek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
sorry to hear about the PSU! Will you recreate it with the new one, or go a different route?

Excellent job on everything so far - this is one of my favorite mods right now.
Karrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jan 2013, 00:15   #116
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
The lighting will be nice on this.
Shame about the PSU though, was so nicely done, same question as Karrek.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jan 2013, 12:04   #117
Darkwisdom
Level 99 Retro Nerd

Darkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Looks great quizz. I actually really like that waterblock. Simple, nothing fancy. I can't wait to see that lighting connected.
Old 18th Jan 2013, 18:26   #118
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
aw no, sorry to hear about the PSU mate The build as a whole though is looking fabtastic!
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2013, 16:47   #119
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrek View Post
sorry to hear about the PSU! Will you recreate it with the new one, or go a different route?

Excellent job on everything so far - this is one of my favorite mods right now.
Thanks karrek! I'll recreate it I guess, with some few adjustments. I'll give the PCI-e cables a better touch and put the ground somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
The lighting will be nice on this.
Shame about the PSU though, was so nicely done, same question as Karrek.
Thanks Waynio! I've been struggling with the Arduino, trying to get all of them LEDs working. So far they doesn't. But I'll work it out real soon I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwisdom View Post
Looks great quizz. I actually really like that waterblock. Simple, nothing fancy. I can't wait to see that lighting connected.
Thanks Wisdom! Yeah, IMO that block is elegant, black and simple. The copper fittings really pops on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
aw no, sorry to hear about the PSU mate The build as a whole though is looking fabtastic!
Thanks Editor! Got the new PSU today and it's off to the soldering chamber again

Old 29th Jan 2013, 01:32   #120
quizz_kid
Squid

Been busy lately, but heres something small...

Started on the LED work. Here Im installing four LEDs in that I/O-shelter.

But when I mounted the shelter with all the cables inside I realized it was waaay too tight in there . So now I have to make a new one...

I also made all the LED work under the mobo. Took me some hrs

Close up of the breadboard. CABLE MANIA!!

Another close up

View Mode