bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 16th Dec 2012, 10:57   #21
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice progress kryll! I have agree about the heating of the acrylic, take it easy. =P

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Dec 2012, 19:24   #22
Kryll
Minimodder

Kryll has yet to learn the way of the DremelKryll has yet to learn the way of the DremelKryll has yet to learn the way of the DremelKryll has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This time it worked out perfectly.
Going to work on a new design to the window in the front, and hopefully I will get some paint on the plexi part tomorrow.

Old 19th Dec 2012, 19:07   #23
Kryll
Minimodder

Kryll has yet to learn the way of the DremelKryll has yet to learn the way of the DremelKryll has yet to learn the way of the DremelKryll has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Painted back sides of plexiglass parts.

Old 20th Dec 2012, 21:36   #24
Kryll
Minimodder

One last update before Christmas holiday (back to work in two weeks)

Old 18th Jan 2013, 19:19   #25
Kryll
Minimodder

Finally had some time over and started to work on my project again.
Skipping the boring pictures of sanding and fitting all the parts, showing the results when it is varnished and ready.

ready for varnishing.

First layer.

All part except for the side panels..

A quick trip to Ikea and bought me some curtains

(rumored that they are perfect as a dust filter)
Old 18th Jan 2013, 19:28   #26
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Kryll curtain as dust filters hey! will be interesting to see how they work! The build is looking brilliant so far Kryll
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 19:33   #27
Kryll
Minimodder

Sorry for a late update.

Suddenly I'm done with my project....
Almost.

Glued some curtains or maybe it's dust filters

Looks like, eeeh not good. But it's on the inside and will never be seen.
The side panels is fixed to the side of the Prodigy case with powerful neodymium magnets.

"Dust filters" aka curtains.

All done (more or less).
More and better picture is coming.

First hardware. Rest is on the way.
Old 25th Jan 2013, 22:52   #28
shinji2k
Multimodder

shinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It's really starting to come together. Also, I'm jealous of your woodworking skills . You should of just skipped over that boring Prodigy and made everything yourself.
shinji2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 23:43   #29
Kryll
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinji2k View Post
It's really starting to come together. Also, I'm jealous of your woodworking skills . You should of just skipped over that boring Prodigy and made everything yourself.
Thanks.
And yes, making everything from scratch is so much more fun. Next project will definitely be a other scratch build.
Old 26th Jan 2013, 00:47   #30
Razarach
Multimodder

Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Awesome! Nice work so far.
Razarach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2013, 13:42   #31
Father-Time
Multimodder

Father-Time has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Simply Stunning, awesome skills!
Good luck in MOTM
Old 1st Feb 2013, 13:47   #32
Laine
This and that

Laine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, that looks so great! Would not mind having that beside my desk. :-)
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 04:13   #33
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Lovely work, and a clever redesign of the original case. It looks really good.
Yes, Go full scratch build next time. It will be tasty.
If it were up to me, I'd have red squiggly hoses hanging from the ceiling in every room in my house. -Gotta clean the bathtub? Plug in the sander with a polishing bonnet.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 08:39   #34
tekonivel
Multimodder

tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Love it. Looks really great.
have to get my hands on to those curtains, thanks for the tip.
tekonivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2013, 14:22   #35
Kryll
Minimodder

Thanks all.
And a suprice to be in the MOTM competition.

Some new hardware...

ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
i5-3570K
ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU II
16GB Corsair Vengeance

Started to assemble the hardware.

Usinga a Corsair AX850, it's just so it fits in the chassis.
Also took remove all sleeve from the cables. They are not so beautiful, and only makes it harder to draw cables.

Right now im testing all hardware, when it's done I'm going to cleen up all the cabels with some stripes/anchors.

More "final" pics is comeing to
Old 5th Feb 2013, 22:13   #36
Kryll
Minimodder

Some final pictures.

Old 5th Feb 2013, 22:19   #37
Azariel
Multimodder

Azariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for president
Sheer brilliance if you ask me!

Very nicely done!
Azariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2013, 22:35   #38
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Beautiful.

like the shape and I like the materials.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2013, 17:56   #39
SpringHalo
What's a Dremel?

SpringHalo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'll start of by saying excellent work! Instead of having to start from scratch to mount all of the components with brackets and such, you used an adequate case and added on to that. I'm a big fan of woodworking, and it's really difficult to combine computers and wood without it looking tacky. You, along with the build "Tenius" use the aesthetic looks of wood to your advantage.

That said, I think there are a few easy modifications that you could do to make it look even better. At the end it looked spectacular to me, but once you turned off the lights and turned on the LEDs, they looked out of place. Wood like that is complimented by warmer colors, so you should try out red, amber, or yellow LEDs to give it the warmer complexion associated with wood.

Rooting for you in the MotM!
SpringHalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2013, 18:12   #40
Ehlers
Minimodder

Ehlers can run CrysisEhlers can run CrysisEhlers can run CrysisEhlers can run CrysisEhlers can run CrysisEhlers can run CrysisEhlers can run CrysisEhlers can run Crysis
This is very nice! You had my vote in MotM! Nice work!

View Mode