bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st Dec 2012, 08:35   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The War Z pulled from Steam

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...d-from-steam/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 08:47   #2
srgtherasta
Supermodder

srgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for president
Well good on steam, game devs wish lists are not a selling point in my book, I've seen to many devs promise this and that and nothing appears.
srgtherasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 09:02   #3
Edwards
Hypermodder

Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
free-to-play title with the client costing $15 minimum
Wait, what? Surely this means all non-subscription based games are 'free to play'.
Intel Core i5 2500k - Maximus V Gene - 4x4 GB Corsair XMS3 1.65v 1600mHz - Asus GTX 570 - 256GB Samsung 830 - Samsung F3 1TB - Samsung F4 2TB - Corsair HX650 - Silverstone TJ08-E - LG IPS231P-BN x 2 - Corsair K70 - CM Storm Inferno
Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 10:00   #4
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards
Quote:
free-to-play title with the client costing $15 minimum
Wait, what? Surely this means all non-subscription based games are 'free to play'.
My thoughts exactly!
Old 21st Dec 2012, 10:21   #5
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
4 hour spawn timer!!!!!????? or pay to play again????? rip off!
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 10:37   #6
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming Saiyan
What a bunch of ****s
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 10:51   #7
MjFrosty
Hypermodder

MjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Crooks. The industry is laughing at you, Hammerpoint.
Old 21st Dec 2012, 11:01   #8
kingred
Surfacing sucks!

kingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Pay 2 respawn.

50 player server "MMO"

This massaging of buzzwords and attempting to position their product is actually mis-selling. Hell even world of tanks isn't an MMO because its essentially a match making client.
kingred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 11:29   #9
Fraze
Multimodder

Fraze is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Fraze is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Fraze is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Fraze is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Fraze is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Fraze is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Fraze is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Fraze is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Fraze is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Fraze is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Fraze is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
It's a buggy pile of crap that's has most of its assets ripped from War Inc, another game by the same guy - which is awful too by all accounts.

He's tried making out on interviews that the problem was with people misinterpreting the text on steam and not the fact that they made claims that are blatantly not true.

Steer well clear.
Fraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 12:09   #10
Edwards
Hypermodder

Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Further info from Kotaku, makes interesting reading:
Intel Core i5 2500k - Maximus V Gene - 4x4 GB Corsair XMS3 1.65v 1600mHz - Asus GTX 570 - 256GB Samsung 830 - Samsung F3 1TB - Samsung F4 2TB - Corsair HX650 - Silverstone TJ08-E - LG IPS231P-BN x 2 - Corsair K70 - CM Storm Inferno
Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 12:42   #11
Blazza181
SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.
Well, it turns out the guy who developed this was also the lead developer for Big Rigs.

Says it all, eh?
Blazza181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 12:46   #12
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
given this popped into existence a mere fortnight after Day Z started making headlines i am utterly amazed that people DIDNT think it was a complete con.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 13:15   #13
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith View Post
given this popped into existence a mere fortnight after Day Z started making headlines i am utterly amazed that people DIDNT think it was a complete con.
The mindless masses at work my friend. I would not buy into this game simply because I like dayZ much better. Not a fan boy and saw the videos and reddit posts about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
At least you'll have moisturised gums!
MrDomRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 13:25   #14
eVoPhantom
Multimodder

eVoPhantom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards
Further info from Kotaku, makes interesting reading:

Love the way that they have a forum rule against using the word "fanboy" then Hammerpoint boss goes on to reference DayZ fanboys again and again. Never played WarZ or DayZ and no real intention to ever try WarZ at all.

Last edited by eVoPhantom; 21st Dec 2012 at 13:54.
eVoPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 19:58   #15
Malvolio

Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
TotalBiscuit has quite a lot to say on this, and makes some rather valid points: this game was rather clearly advertised in a false and fraudulent way, and the dev then went on to blame the player base for "misinterpreting" the stated feature-set. Additionally there have also been bannings on the dev's forums as well as Steam for any hint of dissent or criticism, players were (supposedly) being banned from the game en-masse as an attempt to "scare the hackers" due to the rampant cheating and the dev's utter inability to do anything about it (some bans have been lifted however), and there is the general condescending tonality of all those involved in dealing with the public. This entire thing has been one long, drawn out farce.

And as a correction to the article: the Colorado map (the only one available) was marketed as 75 square kilometres, although it has been estimated to actually be closer to 10. So that's fun.
Malvolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 20:19   #16
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
The War Z positions itself as a free-to-play title with the client costing $15 minimum
Um....

Are you su... ehhh

gog.com - Classic videogames, Windows 7 compatible, no DRM, bundled extras, outstanding service. Check it out, get hooked, spread the word!
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 23:54   #17
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazza181
Well, it turns out the guy who developed this was also the lead developer for Big Rigs.

Says it all, eh?
This is the funniest part of it all. It explains everything.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Dec 2012, 03:35   #18
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
4 hour spawn timer!!!!!????? or pay to play again????? rip off!
Wow, that's crap.

Good to see it got taken off steam.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2012, 11:36   #19
sub routine
Archie Gemel

sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
LoL, game doesn't deliver everything it promised *shock* next big faux pas, it's not released on time. What's the game world coming too?
sub routine is offline   Reply With Quote