bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

View Poll Results: Which is the best water-cooled case design?
Proteus by mick64 95 37.70%
Phobya Gladio by Razer2007 31 12.30%
II by Roboduck 30 11.90%
Black Owl by SnowyOwl 96 38.10%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3rd Jan 2013, 11:29   #281
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Someone squeezed a Mac Pro in a vice?

J/K! I'd certainly consider one if I could spec a WCing kit to fit exactly (only thing that puts me off now is stuff might not fit properly), but needs more fan-filters though?
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 11:33   #282
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I think that looks awesome!

It'd be nice if they also offered a version with a plain front though, for some of us sleek types.. Just don't cut the holes and offer that straight up for the same price as the holed one..

Looks like a very modable case though.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 11:41   #283
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Amazing, just like the original design!
I especially like the fact that they tried to stay close to Snowy's design.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 11:57   #284
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
This looks good, considering they stayed with Snowy's design. It does lack options tho and can only host a single 360 radiator, which is a little bit weak these days.

Stop using social networks and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 12:25   #285
Bakes
Hypermodder

Bakes has yet to learn the way of the DremelBakes has yet to learn the way of the DremelBakes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This looks ****ing stunning.
Bakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 12:25   #286
Roboduck
01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

Roboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run Crysis
I'm glad they stuck with Snowy's design. Its a custom looking case for the mass market and I love it! Congrats to Snowy!
Roboduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 13:10   #287
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.
I like the styling but I'm assuming that's not the finished article...

No CPU cutout, no fan filters, HDD vibration dampening, power switch?

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 13:14   #288
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77
This looks good, considering they stayed with Snowy's design. It does lack options tho and can only host a single 360 radiator, which is a little bit weak these days.
What do you mean with only one radiator? You can stick one in the top, hang on on the backside and a 360 in the bottom. How much options do you want? I have only one thing though. The 'pop' rivets on the drive cages and 360 cage should be replaced with screws. So people can strip te case with ease, if they want to. Looking at the images, it looks like a first prototype from factory. There are a lot of scratches on the metal. Some rivets or not completly through either.
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 13:25   #289
SnowyOwl
Modder

SnowyOwl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thank you all for your comments.....I'm glad too they really made a great job on the styling part. Thanks to the Phobya team for this great opportunity....it's like a dream come through...from my screen to reality.
SnowyOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 13:25   #290
Nitrix
Aquatuning UK

Nitrix is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nitrix is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nitrix is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nitrix is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nitrix is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nitrix is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nitrix is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nitrix is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nitrix is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nitrix is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nitrix is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
As stated in the article this case is the Alpha, it will be VERY rough around the edges and unfinished / anodised its is simply for checking any mounting issues etc

The next stage will be the Beta addressing known issues with the case and looking at refining it with the anti vibration screws / filters etc. At this point reviewers like bit-tech will get the chance to review it and put forward improvements.
Nitrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 13:28   #291
Chanc3
Minimodder

Chanc3 has yet to learn the way of the DremelChanc3 has yet to learn the way of the DremelChanc3 has yet to learn the way of the DremelChanc3 has yet to learn the way of the DremelChanc3 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
BlackOwl looks quality! Love what has been done with the cable management and the HDDs
Chanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 16:15   #292
ACallander
What's a Dremel?

ACallander has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's like Jony Ives rebuilt the Mac Pro when taking LSD.
ACallander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 17:09   #293
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by [USRF]Obiwan View Post
How much options do you want?
For a case with this size, the TJ07 is the state of the art currently when it comes to options.

Stop using social networks and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 17:20   #294
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
I think that looks awesome!

It'd be nice if they also offered a version with a plain front though, for some of us sleek types.. Just don't cut the holes and offer that straight up for the same price as the holed one..

Looks like a very modable case though.
I'm with mankz on this one. As much as I love the shape and WCing abilities, its a little too holey for my taste right now.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 18:33   #295
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Awww, Yeah! and the best part is it's all aluminum.
+1 on what Mankz said. A short run of "blank canvas" cases might not be very profitable, but i guarantee we would gobble them up. I know what I want next year for Christmas.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 20:36   #296
subtec
drawing boxes

subtec can run Crysissubtec can run Crysissubtec can run Crysissubtec can run Crysissubtec can run Crysissubtec can run Crysissubtec can run Crysissubtec can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowyOwl View Post
Thank you all for your comments.....I'm glad too they really made a great job on the styling part. Thanks to the Phobya team for this great opportunity....it's like a dream come through...from my screen to reality.
Grats Snowy... I had my doubts this would ever get produced, but here it is. Aside from all the exterior screws and some changes to the vents, it looks very close to your original design.
subtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 21:33   #297
Somer_Himpson
Banned

Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.
It looks bloody awful.
Somer_Himpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2013, 00:37   #298
faceplant
Minimodder

faceplant has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
NOTE: I am about to take Phobya to the cleaners.......

I'm with the dude above....awful reproduction of the original design, no curves, its like a wheel with no AA.

Looks like cheap....very cheap aluminium, with nasty edges and horrible to touch,

bent metal looks weak re. legs.

no laser etched owl, surely this is a major selling point re. the name

cheap production method used to create holes, no filters, no anti vibration, who uses just 3 hard disks these days, mobo tray looks small with limited cut outs and doesn't look removable.

Looks like a half ass cheap chucked out of a crappy manufacturing plant kinda case.

I think Phobya need to go back and start again and do the designer and his design some justice and actually put some effort into a good looking design.
faceplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2013, 01:00   #299
Roboduck
01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

Roboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run Crysis
One word guys: Prototype
Roboduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2013, 09:14   #300
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboduck
One word guys: Prototype
Indeed. Please read the article properly before launching into scathing comments! It's a prototype mockup not the finished article by any means, and as such is devoid of many of the bells and whistles of a production case, including a decent finish, filters, anti vibration etc etc. It's purely so we can get an idea of what the case looks like and for Phobya to begin ironing out any issues.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is online now   Reply With Quote