bit-tech.net

Old 3rd Jan 2013, 10:38   #3141
DeckerdBR
Supermodder

DeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I went for the E75 in the end! By the time I fully upgraded it (bar the top gun) I had spent a whopping 4.2 mill!

So far though, I am liking it, especially how bouncy its frontal armour is. I went for a Large Calibre Tank Gun Rammer & an Enhanced Gun Laying Drive as extras while they are on offer, which added another 500k to the bill lol!

Always being middle of the tree or top is nice, no more bottom of the tree once you hit t9

Just 40k exp more to the top gun, which seems to have the similar stats to the Tier X gun on the JP2, that is to say great pen and damage, only this time on a vehicle that can take the return hits.

It is slow though, only really saved by good acceleration from standstill, even so, fire and move if there any arty, because it is proper arty bait. It is also painfully expensive to repair/resupply ammo for, even with a premium account.

All in all it has very similar limitations and pluses to the Tiger 2, so if you like the tiger 2, you will like the E75.
| RAM: 8GB Corsair CMX4GX3M2B1600C9 | CPU Cooler: AKASA Venom | OS: Windows 7 64 | SSD: Samsung 840 250GB |
DeckerdBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 12:13   #3142
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeckerdBR View Post
All in all it has very similar limitations and pluses to the Tiger 2, so if you like the tiger 2, you will like the E75.
The E75 is essentially a Tiger 2 on steroids with all of that historical vehicles quirks fixed. If the Germans had actually managed to put the E75 into mass production then

I'd sincerely recommend getting a Spall Liner on it too. A Spall Liner is pretty much essential for all T9 or T10 German heavy tanks as their the slowest and largest of all nations so are priority targets for lazy arty players.
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 12:15   #3143
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydud View Post
From reading this thread I feel I am going to have to get around to downloading this. Any good beginners tips?
Don't get too distracted by the millions of different tank types you can try to start with. I'd recommend trying either the German medium tank tree first as it has the best all-round low tier vehicles in it.

Also, don't just run around the maps like you're playing a FPS. World of Tanks is more of a hybrid FPS/tactical and requires real team play/good tactics to win.

Also, a lot of us are in the DoW clan, so feel free to add us on your friends list to platoon up if we're online at the same time. My ingame nic is lizardgun.
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 13:41   #3144
Risky
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.
My advice is to take your time at the lower tiers as if you continuously sell and ugrade you're always playing with a underpowered tank/crew. Alos there is a reserach advantage in sticking to one country as modules will be shared between different tanks.
Old 4th Jan 2013, 09:56   #3145
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
The E75 is essentially a Tiger 2 on steroids with all of that historical vehicles quirks fixed. If the Germans had actually managed to put the E75 into mass production then
That would have not ended well for the opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky View Post
My advice is to take your time at the lower tiers as if you continuously sell and ugrade you're always playing with a underpowered tank/crew. Alos there is a reserach advantage in sticking to one country as modules will be shared between different tanks.
I agree. I played the German medium line until the Panther II, and when I started the heavy line at the Tiger, I had most modules researched or even some in my depot. Same for the Russian medium and TD line...
Old 4th Jan 2013, 10:03   #3146
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.
I would not recommend spending too much time in the lower tiers, you should learn as fast as you unlock really.

You don't get to see how the better players play as often in the lower tiers, so you keep bad habits that you should shed as you progress. I would charge up one line (med german is a good shout) and but keep playing around tier 4 with your remaining tanks to practice what you've learnt.
Lance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2013, 11:11   #3147
DeckerdBR
Supermodder

DeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What do you guys think is the best bet for a premium tank?

Need to fund my E75 operating costs and other purchase desires!

I was thinking the super pershing as it's 21.60 in the gift shop now. Don't want a Low or a TD and it seems a good price as prem tanks go.
| RAM: 8GB Corsair CMX4GX3M2B1600C9 | CPU Cooler: AKASA Venom | OS: Windows 7 64 | SSD: Samsung 840 250GB |
Old 6th Jan 2013, 13:44   #3148
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for president
Super Pershing is good fun and earns decent credits; Well worth the price i would say...It is very very slow though.
By the way...fail MM
Old 6th Jan 2013, 15:04   #3149
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.
^^ matches like that annoy me alot, those scouts should be in different games.
you just know that somewhere another game just started with 4/5 arty a side and no scouts at all
Old 7th Jan 2013, 11:26   #3150
Sarakon
The German

And my tank was to slow to keep up with all the racing cars. They might not have been able to penetrate me, but i never really got to participate in any battle
I had another one of these MM in my Tiger. Really weird...
Old 7th Jan 2013, 12:53   #3151
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.
Anyone else watched this?

I'm watching it now.
Lance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2013, 15:25   #3152
Risky
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm not getting a lt of game time at the moment but I'm debating whether to buy some cut-price 105mm HEAT for the M4 Sherman while they're on sale.

Does take away from my funds for the (unlocked) T49, though.
Old 7th Jan 2013, 15:27   #3153
Domestic_ginger
Supermodder

Domestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run Crysis
Spend all your cash on the shells. When they go back up in price sell them back for 0 loss if you need to.
Domestic_ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2013, 12:35   #3154
DeckerdBR
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarakon View Post
Super Pershing is good fun and earns decent credits; Well worth the price i would say...It is very very slow though.
In the end, I went for the T34 and after 4 days I am still really struggling with its play style.

Having mainly played german tanks, I am finding a combination of it's terribly weak hull, slow speed, slow aim time, slow RPM, and slow turret travese to be a real problem.

I find it a very situational tank, if you can get good positioning where you can go hull down and keep the ememy at medium distence it's fine. However, with so many IS3s and other fast, hard hitting tier 8 mediums running about, all to often its weaknesses are very easy to exploit.

It does do stunning damage and pen when you hit, often bashing through the frontal armour of other tanks but I find this still does not compensate for the many other issues.

I might ask customer support if I can swap it out for a Lowe and pay the difference in gold.

Out of interest, I made a number comparison sheet for 3 tier 8 premiums (Lowe, T34 and T26E4) :
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5...emtankcomp.jpg
Old 9th Jan 2013, 13:15   #3155
Domestic_ginger
Supermodder

Domestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run Crysis
The lowe has poor hull armour and poor traverse too but much better view range. I'm pretty sure its slower except downhill. They're both easily circle jerkable by a light.

Thought about a KV5? From what I understand the tier 7 russian TD has an obscene DPM.

I use the T34 with a GLD, vert stab and rammer. It is pretty awful but the money is quite good. Hull down behind a wreck is a good tactic, if its small enough you can use it as a mobile barracade!
Domestic_ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2013, 15:35   #3156
DeckerdBR
Supermodder

KV-5 is no longer in the store, nor the type-59.

indeed, hull down mid range fire support is very good but even with the gun rammer, vert stab and gld it's still painfully slow rpm. it's a real problem on such a slow tank.
Old 9th Jan 2013, 16:34   #3157
j.col
Supermodder

j.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremelj.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremelj.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremelj.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I bought a T34 last week when they were on offer, and I actually think its pretty good. But I have gone the USA heavy tree, so I put my T29 crew in it, they are 100% trained with BIA and 90% trained on second skill.
Also have stabilizer, rammer and elgd on it so I have reload in 12.6 secs iirc.
Make an average of 70k profit every game, but maybe its just that I am used to USA heavy and long reloaders like the 122mm on the kv-1s etc...
Old 9th Jan 2013, 17:21   #3158
Fingers66
Kiwi in London

Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.
The average profit of the T34 is higher than the Type 59 but it cost more in the first place (irrelevant now the Type 59 isn't available).

What is the average profit of the the other premium tanks? Is there a comparison chart anywhere?
NAS 1:[Synology DS211j] NAS 2:[OpenMediaVault]
Fingers66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2013, 17:55   #3159
j.col
Supermodder

j.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremelj.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremelj.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremelj.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers66 View Post
The average profit of the T34 is higher than the Type 59 but it cost more in the first place (irrelevant now the Type 59 isn't available).

What is the average profit of the the other premium tanks? Is there a comparison chart anywhere?
how about this?
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....tanks-in-game/

it does seem to me to be a bit wrong, as in my T29 i can make decent money (with prem account) only gets 2193 but i know i het way more that that as an average

i came up against the super pershing in my T34 last night and he pwned me
i bounced 2 shells off his front from 20m for 0 damage.
looked at his stats, he is slow but has 178mm of sloped armour at front
which is more that a Tiger II
but then the gun is not the best.
all prem tanks have good and bad points, just go with the one that suits your style

Last edited by j.col; 9th Jan 2013 at 18:06.
j.col is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2013, 18:36   #3160
Fingers66
Kiwi in London

Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.col View Post
how about this?
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....tanks-in-game/

it does seem to me to be a bit wrong, as in my T29 i can make decent money (with prem account) only gets 2193 but i know i het way more that that as an average

i came up against the super pershing in my T34 last night and he pwned me
i bounced 2 shells off his front from 20m for 0 damage.
looked at his stats, he is slow but has 178mm of sloped armour at front
which is more that a Tiger II
but then the gun is not the best.
all prem tanks have good and bad points, just go with the one that suits your style
Cheers for that, useful information. Interesting that the NET income of the Type 59 is still up there but I would expect that given how many of them are still around and the fact that the ammo is cheaper than on tanks such as the T34. I don't think many people have sold them. I expect the newer premium tanks to slowly move up that list as the total number in the game slowly increases.

I avoid the Super Pershing hull armour, it is very bouncy (like the Type 59 used to be) and I can see it being progressively nerfed over time (just like the Type 59 has been). Eventually it will be too painful to play, people will stop buying it and WOT will release another T8 premium medium to make profit on. I think there are weak spots on the front hull but I can't remember atm.

I do constantly aim for the Super Pershing turret though, it seems get it's gun damaged easily which nullifies it enough to get it in the side/rear. hitting the turret does requrie an accurate gun though which I don't think the T34 has. The side/rear hull armour is very thin...(hint).
NAS 1:[Synology DS211j] NAS 2:[OpenMediaVault]
Fingers66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good track record, mmo, shelling out, tanks, tanks a lot, tanks for the memories!, world of tanks