bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Old 3rd Jan 2013, 07:16   #21
YEHBABY
The Millionaires are back!

YEHBABY is definitely a rep cheat.YEHBABY is definitely a rep cheat.YEHBABY is definitely a rep cheat.YEHBABY is definitely a rep cheat.YEHBABY is definitely a rep cheat.YEHBABY is definitely a rep cheat.YEHBABY is definitely a rep cheat.YEHBABY is definitely a rep cheat.YEHBABY is definitely a rep cheat.YEHBABY is definitely a rep cheat.YEHBABY is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xir View Post
Hmmm, i seem to be the only one that has problems using handbrake...(it simply has too many options for me)
If you want something similar to handbrake, but more straight forward, try using Freemake. Freemake is simpler and also free.

HTPC: 2500K / Asus Gene IV / 4GB Ram / OCZ 120GB / Be-Quiet! E9 CM580W / Silverstone GD08 / Synology DS209 8TB
YEHBABY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 09:00   #22
GMC
Deaf-mute

GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xir View Post
Hmmm, i seem to be the only one that has problems using handbrake...(it simply has too many options for me)
I had same problem until I found the guide I posted a link to earlier. Use the presets and you should be fine. I don't understand most of it, but the quality of result beats hell out of every other programme I have tried.
RIG: CM HAF922 | Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H | Phenom II X4 965 BE | Asus HD6850 | 12GB OCZ/Crucial PC12800 | 2 x 128GB CRUCIAL M4 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 | 2TB WD20EARX | XFX 650W PSU | 23" AOC e2343F | Creative T20 | Steelseries 7H | Logitech G9x
HTPC: Silverstone LC16S-MR | Blu-Ray | Asus P7P55D-E PRO | i5-760 | Sapphire HD6450 | 8GB Corsair Dominator | Kingston 60GB SSDNow V300 | 2TB WD20EZRX | 4TB WD40EZRX | OCZ ZS 550W PSU
KEYBOARDS: HHKB PRO 2 | KBT PURE | WASD V1 ISO | Cherry G80-1800 WKL
GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 09:46   #23
Psyance
Supermodder

Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.
I use DVDFab and only have good things to say about it.
Psyance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 10:14   #24
Sp!
Ultramodder

Sp! is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSp! is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSp! is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSp! is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSp! is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSp! is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSp! is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSp! is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSp! is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSp! is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSp! is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I use Any DVD and DVD decrypter so I can get full quality and keep all the subtitles special features etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotu1 View Post
Hi guys,
Apparently backing up DVDs is actually legit...so I'm going with that!
Please don't kid yourself into thinking it's legit. your incredibley unlikey to get into any trouble but that is far from legit.

Firstly the is no provision is british law for "fair use" which the amaricans can claim there back up is.

Secondly almost all DVDs have some form of copy protection, breaking the copy protection to make the back up is breaking the law. This is why there are almost no comerical solutions for "backing up" your DVD collection. Kaleidescape being the only one I'm aware of (and with a starting price of around £6K is probably a little past most peoples budget) all the other systems I've seen rely on Any DVD and there is a reaon Any DVD is run out of the cayman islands and not the US or Europe, because it would be closed down in a minute for breaking peoples copy protection.
Sp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 10:22   #25
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.
Is there an automatic ripper? I.e. pop a dvd in, it simply rips/decrypts to a folder, then spits the dvd out, ready for the next one?
Once done, I'd then queue them all up to re-encode to mp4 overnight.
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 13:17   #26
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
I don't know of any automated rippers, but I did have an AutoIt script a couple of years ago that did automate the process using DVDShrink. It should be easy to add a section to the end to add movies to a queue for re-encoding.

I'll see if I can find it again if anyone's interested.
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 13:41   #27
CrapBag
I Mod, Therefore I Own

CrapBag is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrapBag is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrapBag is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrapBag is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrapBag is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrapBag is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrapBag is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrapBag is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrapBag is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrapBag is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrapBag is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenco_uk View Post
Is there an automatic ripper? I.e. pop a dvd in, it simply rips/decrypts to a folder, then spits the dvd out, ready for the next one?
Once done, I'd then queue them all up to re-encode to mp4 overnight.
The one I suggested seems to do it all.

I just select what it needs to be converted to and it does it all.

I convert to mp4 for the ps3 and it takes on avergae 13 mins a disk and then pops the disk out when it's done.

I tried to use handbrake before and it looked way to complicated which is why I bought DVD catalyst 4.

No complications it just works, sometimes it finds multiple tracks which is part of the copy protection but you only have to look at the disk in media player and find which track is the main track and select that in the copy process.
CrapBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 20:47   #28
noizdaemon666
I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

noizdaemon666 is definitely a rep cheat.noizdaemon666 is definitely a rep cheat.noizdaemon666 is definitely a rep cheat.noizdaemon666 is definitely a rep cheat.noizdaemon666 is definitely a rep cheat.noizdaemon666 is definitely a rep cheat.noizdaemon666 is definitely a rep cheat.noizdaemon666 is definitely a rep cheat.noizdaemon666 is definitely a rep cheat.noizdaemon666 is definitely a rep cheat.noizdaemon666 is definitely a rep cheat.
I would still suggest DVDFab. It remembers the last used setting for DVD and BluRay (independently). So if you choose MP4 for one, it will default to that for the next one etc. And assuming you don't want to change anything you can just hit Start. It can also take advantage of CUDA should you have a nvidia GPU.
Old 4th Jan 2013, 15:16   #29
Malketh
Multimodder

Malketh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I also recommend DVDFab. I purchased their suite before Christmas (yay for the sale!) and I've been in love ever since.

Handbrake is just too many options with little explanation (sadly google is not enough and a lot of settings should be set by default instead of being an option in my opinion).

RipBot264 is very good as well, yet for some reason the same movie ripped with this needs to be transcoded to my PS3 whereas DVDFab's output doesn't. Go figure.

In the end, DVDFab won out and it's CUDA is awesome. Ripping dvds and blurays with gpu acceleration is the bomb.
Malketh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2013, 16:03   #30
GMC
Deaf-mute

GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapBag View Post

I convert to mp4 for the ps3 and it takes on avergae 13 mins a disk and then pops the disk out when it's done.

I tried to use handbrake before and it looked way to complicated which is why I bought DVD catalyst 4.

No complications it just works, sometimes it finds multiple tracks which is part of the copy protection but you only have to look at the disk in media player and find which track is the main track and select that in the copy process.
I dread to think how they must look if it is that quick. Or do you have a monster rig?
What bitrate are you using?
RIG: CM HAF922 | Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H | Phenom II X4 965 BE | Asus HD6850 | 12GB OCZ/Crucial PC12800 | 2 x 128GB CRUCIAL M4 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 | 2TB WD20EARX | XFX 650W PSU | 23" AOC e2343F | Creative T20 | Steelseries 7H | Logitech G9x
HTPC: Silverstone LC16S-MR | Blu-Ray | Asus P7P55D-E PRO | i5-760 | Sapphire HD6450 | 8GB Corsair Dominator | Kingston 60GB SSDNow V300 | 2TB WD20EZRX | 4TB WD40EZRX | OCZ ZS 550W PSU
KEYBOARDS: HHKB PRO 2 | KBT PURE | WASD V1 ISO | Cherry G80-1800 WKL
GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2013, 00:38   #31
PhoenixTank
From The Ashes

PhoenixTank has yet to learn the way of the DremelPhoenixTank has yet to learn the way of the DremelPhoenixTank has yet to learn the way of the DremelPhoenixTank has yet to learn the way of the DremelPhoenixTank has yet to learn the way of the DremelPhoenixTank has yet to learn the way of the DremelPhoenixTank has yet to learn the way of the DremelPhoenixTank has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Personally I've been using Handbrake and the libdvdcss.dll that vlc maintain(ed),
Works great, though you do need to have a reasonable idea of what all the dials and buttons do. Handbrake's online wiki is very good if you want to understand and tweak.
Scythe Kaze Server (fan controller) | Lian Li PC-A77FB | W-75BT Side Panel Window
PhoenixTank is offline   Reply With Quote