bit-tech.net

Old 3rd Jan 2013, 21:48   #1
Groovedude
Hypermodder

Groovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Delayed Order Notification

hmmm, just a little concerned by the recent email i got.

Delayed Order Notification - 00E1982265

which is stating the order has been delayed to insufficient stock in warehouse.

item in question is : Intel CPU Core i5 Unlocked 2500K Sandy Bridge Quad Core Processor

my main concern is even after the email being sent to me late night before day of delivery the website still says this item is in stock... i don't mean to be rude but on such an item above is this cashing in on out of stock items on back.order.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel...che-95w-retail
Old 4th Jan 2013, 22:41   #2
Groovedude
Hypermodder

Groovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
would just like to point out to members of the forum, that the item still shows as in stock. *original order placed on 02/01/2013 @ around 3:00pm

*awaiting response via email support.
Old 5th Jan 2013, 12:01   #3
Groovedude
Hypermodder

Quote:
Unfortunately the following item is currently out of stock:

Intel Core i5 2500K unlocked s

We are expecting our stock levels to be replenished in approx 1 week if you are able to wait.

If you would like to amend the order i would recommend the following product/s that would be suitable.

Alternative recommended product:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/29-4i...art-cache-34x-

A refund/debit will be processed wherever necessary.
After chasing by email i get told stock should be in again in 1 weeks time, no exact date given. And im offered an IvyBridge as replacement, which is no good to me, also to more the point more expensive.

and guess what it's listed as IN STOCK STILL :: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel...che-95w-retail
Old 5th Jan 2013, 12:16   #4
CrazyJoe
Ultramodder

CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Scan's stock system does seem to be a bit rubbish as I've been in a similar situation before.

You can get it cheaper elsewhere though so it might be worth doing that?
CrazyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2013, 12:22   #5
Groovedude
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoe View Post
Scan's stock system does seem to be a bit rubbish as I've been in a similar situation before.

You can get it cheaper elsewhere though so it might be worth doing that?
Yeah i was aware when searching for the cpu that the same model can be picked up from alternate supply a bit cheaper, but in the past i have always appreciated Scans service until recentley.

After asking about refund timescale.

Quote:
Regarding your email,

All refunds are processed by Scan on the same day, any delay is by your bank they normally take 3-5 working days
So really by the time i get a refund and go to order it again its probably going to be in stock, and i like the style of the email, as they seem to try and push the blame towards bank for a delay in any refund "i feel this was not needed in the email", in this situation if we are to point fingures i feel the mistake is Scan for taken a customers money for an item that was listed in stock for next day delivery.
Old 5th Jan 2013, 12:45   #6
ShinyAli
Supermodder

ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
If you paid with Visa or Mastercard you might like to remind Scan that it is against VISA and MasterCard's regulations for a merchant to bill their cards prior to shipping.

Not saying that you will have a problem getting a refund from Scan but it's worth knowing and when I've had refund problems with other companies a quick reminder to them about this has usually resulted in a quick refund and stopped them offering me other items that I don't want
ShinyAli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2013, 13:26   #7
Groovedude
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyAli View Post
If you paid with Visa or Mastercard you might like to remind Scan that it is against VISA and MasterCard's regulations for a merchant to bill their cards prior to shipping.

Not saying that you will have a problem getting a refund from Scan but it's worth knowing and when I've had refund problems with other companies a quick reminder to them about this has usually resulted in a quick refund and stopped them offering me other items that I don't want
That is interesting to know for the future. I used a Debit card this time around. Many Thanks though!
Old 5th Jan 2013, 13:42   #8
sniperdude
Supermodder

sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.
yup same has happened to me only this week. (3rd time its happened to me in total.)

really puts me off using them TBH...I now await the refund so I can buy the case from another seller.

my other scan hate is the fact you have to enter your family tree just to log into the site
and the site don't even hold your card details.
Old 5th Jan 2013, 13:52   #9
Groovedude
Hypermodder

Well i have not asked for a refund just yet, a day or two before hand i ordered a motherboard form them for use with this cpu, and quickly ordered it as it was in sale. however i took out scansure on it, so all this time i have no cpu the extra care i purchased is going to waiste.

the thing i find most annoying is even after Scan point out to me the item is out of stock with their email they dont update their website?
Old 7th Jan 2013, 20:41   #10
Groovedude
Hypermodder

Just a little bump CPU still saying in stock !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Regarding your email,

I sympathise with the situation but I am afraid Scansure cannot be extended past the 28 day period
bummer ... Hope CPU comes before it expires hmmm
Old 8th Jan 2013, 12:07   #11
Groovedude
Hypermodder

Good News I recieved an email at around 11:00am stating cpu is now dispatched.

on a bad note though, whole time this cpu was supposed to be out of stock it stayed listed on their website as in stock. This will make me think twice in the future.
Old 8th Jan 2013, 14:53   #12
Booti
Multimodder

Booti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Booti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Booti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Booti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Booti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Booti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Booti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Booti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Booti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Booti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Booti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
From their website

How long does Scansure cover last for?
Scansure protection lasts for 28 days following the delivery of your goods.

So you are covered from the delivery date, not the purchase date.
Old 8th Jan 2013, 14:56   #13
Groovedude
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booti View Post
From their website

How long does Scansure cover last for?
Scansure protection lasts for 28 days following the delivery of your goods.

So you are covered from the delivery date, not the purchase date.
Yes, true. But as stated above motherboard was delivered before.