bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 2nd Jan 2013, 20:24   #101
ASPHIAX
Beyond Complexity Lies Simplicity

ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
Taking a large 40kg case to a LAN-party is difficult aswell
LOL, more like 50kg when I am finished with it !
*mental note, design some wheels under case*
W. www.ModWithMe.com
FB. https://www.facebook.com/ModWithMe
ASPHIAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2013, 09:22   #102
ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I just realised, the doors of the Cosmos are extremely easy to take off, so I can take the door off and transport it seperately and more securely!
W. www.ModWithMe.com
Old 4th Jan 2013, 09:22   #103
ASPHIAX

I got fed up with the work on teh cubes so I started on the assembly of the case itself.

Da SSD tray

Fangrills (need to get me some black m4's !)

I think the matte black works

And the current status of the cubes.
I need to glue the top left cornour down (2 hours work I think)
W. www.ModWithMe.com
Old 4th Jan 2013, 15:42   #104
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run Crysis
I love your work dude, the attention to detail and patience you apply to each build is inspiring.
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2013, 16:28   #105
elAwesome
Multimodder

elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I really don't know why this thread only has 3 stars. You're doing some really awesome work, 5 stars from me!
elAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2013, 16:42   #106
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by elAwesome View Post
I really don't know why this thread only has 3 stars. You're doing some really awesome work, 5 stars from me!
The rating-function doesn't work properly.

Define Mini Black [Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H | intel i5-3450 | Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 8GB | Gigabyte GTX660OC Windforce2 | intel 330 120GB | WD AV GP 1TB]
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2013, 19:46   #107
ASPHIAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
I love your work dude, the attention to detail and patience you apply to each build is inspiring.
Thanks man! I do have a little bit of an erratic buildprocess. Focus on something extremely and then leave it alone for a while doing something else and return with fresh creativity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elAwesome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
The rating-function doesn't work properly.
Thanks man! Yeah there has been lot of talk about the star system. I actually dont mind so much. I am building this stuff for myself and then I like to share it with others, if they dont like it , their loss. I am enjoying myself thoroughly venting energy like this !
W. www.ModWithMe.com
Old 5th Jan 2013, 13:39   #108
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPHIAX View Post
Thanks man! I do have a little bit of an erratic buildprocess. Focus on something extremely and then leave it alone for a while doing something else and return with fresh creativity!
I really see the importance of that now.

The various levels of the side panel gives me a nice idea to add alongside layers, I finally see a great way to make very complex forms from good material which would actually turn out nice & cheap but a bit on the heavy side lol.

Will look even more awesome with some lighting, looking like it's gonna hit the bulls eye again.

Keep it up Asphiax, coming along awesome.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2013, 18:46   #109
ASPHIAX

Thanks man !
Yeah I got some scrap pieces of UV green plexi and some leds and 5 lasers I want to incorporate into the panel so there's definately gonna be lighting in there.
I might just keep the colour as is also. Its almost the colour I would have gone for and the different cuts and surface structures just give it a used appereance. So airbrushing might now be necessary.
W. www.ModWithMe.com
Old 5th Jan 2013, 18:55   #110
ASPHIAX

Here is the last update in this mini mod marathon.

Glueing the old HDD platters for final placement!

Lighting fixation for the front panel.

Playing around with the PCIe cables. These are alchemy extension cords.

I was actually planning to put all the PCIe cables into the silver hose but that would mean a big silvery spot just next to the reservoirs and would be to distracting. So I will keep the extension cords but place a couple empty hoses in between.

Also made some for the SLI bridge. Will make a nice piece of UV plexi to cover it and act as a fix point for the hoses.

I think its just enough to liven up the interior without being to distracting.

Although this looks just nice also. ARGH ... decisions !!!

Laters and thanks for watching !
W. www.ModWithMe.com
Old 5th Jan 2013, 19:02   #111
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Awesome! Really coming along now.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2013, 19:20   #112
TadZilla
tadbitnerdy

TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Amazing work! I'm really diggin' the silver hoses linking the GPUs and going from the SLI bridge out of the case. Any plans for the SLI bridge?

-Tad
TadZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2013, 19:41   #113
Pranja
Crazy Wolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Well done,mate. Nice idea about that tubings.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2013, 10:00   #114
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Was just a mad idea I had when I bought an air brush & found it difficult to know where I was going to be painting exactly & never got around to trying it out but I was going to mount a laser pointer so it aligns for where the paint would hit pretty much as an air brush stabiliser until I got a good feel for the technique of using one with accuracy, if/when I decide to start leveling up my air brush skills I'll definitely be trying the idea out.

I don't know if it's a good idea with it just being an idea but it might turn out really useful for air brush beginners so just thought I'd share it.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2013, 10:23   #115
ASPHIAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus View Post
Awesome! Really coming along now.
Thanks Antony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadZilla View Post
Amazing work! I'm really diggin' the silver hoses linking the GPUs and going from the SLI bridge out of the case. Any plans for the SLI bridge?

-Tad
Thanks man! Yeah the sli bridge and gpu connectors are getting some UV plexi work to fix te hoses and clean it up a bit. The SLI will be completely covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
Well done,mate. Nice idea about that tubings.
Thanks man! Yeah such a cheap material but it looks the part!
W. www.ModWithMe.com
Old 6th Jan 2013, 12:06   #116
Razarach
Multimodder

Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
"Resistance is futile"

Nice work mate, also nice idea for tubing.
Razarach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2013, 00:01   #117
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
i would have skipped the silver plastic tubing
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2013, 01:42   #118
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
I don't know about the outside, but the interior is outstanding! Very sci-fi. Like some giant scientific machine. I love it.
Old 8th Jan 2013, 18:49   #119
ASPHIAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razarach View Post
"Resistance is futile"

Nice work mate, also nice idea for tubing.
Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
i would have skipped the silver plastic tubing
Its aluminum ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila View Post
I don't know about the outside, but the interior is outstanding! Very sci-fi. Like some giant scientific machine. I love it.
Thanks man ! Working as hard as life will let me to get it finished for a big show here in the netherlands.
The exterior will need a boatload of work to get it to the finish I want. The cubes are the groundlayer on which I will create the Borg stucture.
W. www.ModWithMe.com
Old 8th Jan 2013, 19:05   #120
ASPHIAX

Here is another small update !

Started on the wiring and made some coverstrips for the sharp edges of the drive bay.

Measuring and placement of the SSD's. Need to score me a 240Gb Hyper-X for storage and I can take that off the list. Need to cut out the sata and pwr cable holes and then I have decided to paint the backplate also black. Just doesnt look right with the SSD's in there.

Was testing out some hosing for the mobo connector. After searching my workshop for an hour to find that one 90 degree connector I knew I had, I gave up. Gonna order me a new one.
Damn was really hoping to do that work today.

Oh well better tidy up some cables then. Pretty handy stuff that loom!

That was it for today! Thanks for watching!
W. www.ModWithMe.com

View Mode