bit-tech.net

Old 6th Jan 2013, 06:04   #1
exiled
Minimodder

exiled has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The Tempest

Hello All Wanted to build a case for myself till my son was asking around christmas for a pc so i figured id scrap my build which was already started to build another case just this one is a bit different its to house both a matx and a itx in the same case matx is my pc and the itx is going to be my sons so after 4 days of designing i came up with this

And with out keeping you hanging to long i started building friday since i have to build at my dads house progress has to be staggered days i can get there to build i try but at the same time i have to do things like keeping the project a secret from him so hopefully its kept from him till around February 19 his birthday so now for those seeking more pictures here we go

test fitting the mock up itx mobo

another shot

last shot of itx testing

took me quite a while to build the frame only working with limited tools at moment ie: drill press, riveter, metal shears, ruler and plan at moment
this is with the itx and matx mock up boards test fitting before i hard mount ether of them

had to ask for help for this shot couldn't take the picture while holding the matx

but that's where I'm at so far will be going back to my fathers tomorrow to work on some more and hopefully i can get the frame fully complete tomorrow then can start making the templates for the plexiglass hope you enjoy the write up so far.
exiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2013, 23:58   #2
exiled
Minimodder

ok got some more progress done today itx motherboard bracing testing

having issues mounting the matx angle from bottom well testing mother board tray

all i can do at moment need to buy more aluminum turns out i didn't buy enough

well guys tell me what you think.
Old 7th Jan 2013, 01:49   #3
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.
ITX? Looks like it'll have a lot of deadspace
Modified Azza Genesis with an Intel i7 2600K, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H, 32GB (8GB x 8) Corsair XMS3, 960GB Crucial M500, 240GB Sandisk Extreme, Corsair AX1500i 80 Titanium, Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti, and a Corsair H60
TheGreatSatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2013, 04:47   #4
exiled
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
ITX? Looks like it'll have a lot of deadspace
both ITX and MATX are in the plan along with 2 x 5.25 8 x 3.5 hd 4 x 2.5 ssd 2 x psu 4 x 120mm fans maybe water cooling to come led lightning but may have space left over but for my first build if its too big i will learn from the attempt
Old 10th Jan 2013, 08:28   #5
bluc
Supermodder

bluc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled View Post
both ITX and MATX are in the plan along with 2 x 5.25 8 x 3.5 hd 4 x 2.5 ssd 2 x psu 4 x 120mm fans maybe water cooling to come led lightning but may have space left over but for my first build if its too big i will learn from the attempt
Looks good to me love big cases ! Will keep an eye on this build for sure subbed:thumbup:
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Tags
itx, matx, scratch build pc

View Mode