bit-tech.net

Old 3rd Jan 2013, 07:34   #4421
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Neo - love the panorama.

BD - Ginetta is

I'm running out of Mirage/GWL shots to process, but there are no new trips planned for the near future (apart from Aero India in early February, but there will be more reporting and less shooting there).

Pop the Brakes by angad84, on Flickr

Tatty Roundel by angad84, on Flickr

One-Two-Three by angad84, on Flickr

Trio by angad84, on Flickr

Twofer Takeoff by angad84, on Flickr
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 11:29   #4422
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Surprised you aren't bored of them by now! Nice shots though.

As usual those are nice Neo, I think Dunkin Donuts one is my favourite.

Ginetta is great bdigital, were they easier to snap than the BTCC cars?
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 11:48   #4423
stonedsurd

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
I am beginning to get a little jaded, if I'm completely honest. I love the flexibility, time and lack of pressure during assignments like this, but I must admit I also enjoy just being at a regular show with a crapload of different birds and doing the best I can for a solid afternoon and then packing it in.

Which is why I am looking forward to Aero India.
Old 4th Jan 2013, 19:42   #4424
bdigital
Is re-building his PC again

bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post

As usual those are nice Neo, I think Dunkin Donuts one is my favourite.

Ginetta is great bdigital, were they easier to snap than the BTCC cars?
Thanks Krikkit. To be fair, theres not much difference between shooting these and the BTCC. They are slightly slower but not very noticable. Being rear wheel drive they do have slightly different lines to a few of the touring cars (and that obviously makes for different styles of racing).

But for taking photos theres not much in it.

I literally cant wait until the new motorsport season starts. Im going on a rampage in 2013 to get some great pictures

Check out my Apline White TJ07 - Case Mod and Water cooled build. http://www.flickr.com/photos/6188486...7631486959032/
bdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2013, 09:00   #4425
stonedsurd

One-Two-Three by angad84, on Flickr

Dassault Mirage 2000H, Indian AF by angad84, on Flickr

Back to the Nest by angad84, on Flickr

Dassault Mirage 2000TH, Indian AF by angad84, on Flickr

Touchdown by angad84, on Flickr
Old 8th Jan 2013, 04:56   #4426
C-Sniper
Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.

Palm

Hawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippoz View Post
hmm you seem to know a lot about guys.. I was wondering- if I put a piece of plywood down my pants, would that be enough to protect me from rear attacks.. like in a circus bathroom or high scale restaurant
C-Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2013, 08:40   #4427
stonedsurd

The hawk one is nice but ever so slightly out of focus (or blurry?)

Old Avro by angad84, on Flickr

Rear and Gear by angad84, on Flickr

On the Prowl by angad84, on Flickr

Unstick by angad84, on Flickr

One-Three-Eight by angad84, on Flickr
Old 8th Jan 2013, 10:52   #4428
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Some from a local Cyclocross race.

DSC_4763 by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Really want a UWA for the corner shots...

DSC_4776 by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

DSC_4884 by steveo_mcg, on Flickr
Old 8th Jan 2013, 11:39   #4429
stonedsurd

Love the angle on the second one. Shame about the light.
Old 8th Jan 2013, 12:00   #4430
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That's the best Light I've had at a cyclocross race and it was appalling! I think next time I just going to ramp up the ISO and do the whole thing black and white and call it done!
Old 8th Jan 2013, 12:19   #4431
stonedsurd

Could probably be helped by some proper RAW processing in LR. Up expo and shadows, while keeping an eye on noise and contrast.
Old 8th Jan 2013, 12:32   #4432
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

It doesn't look quite so dark on my home monitor, the problem I had was trying to balance keeping some thing in the sky with the rider. I'll have another crack at it, I don't have quite the same enthusiasm for post work as I do for actually shooting but I've got some scanning to do tonight so that'll give me something to do.
Old 8th Jan 2013, 14:18   #4433
Silver51
I cast flare!

Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Process the image twice, once for ground and once for the sky. Open the two images in Photoshop, arrange them as two layers of the same image, create a layer mask and blend using the gradient fill tool.
Silver51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2013, 14:56   #4434
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Ok, I'll try that. Can that be done horizontally? There isn't much vertical sky behind the rider.
Old 8th Jan 2013, 19:14   #4435
Silver51
I cast flare!

Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It's a gradient fill, so you can be fairly loose with it. No need to try to blend the images bang on the horizon. You can hold shift which will lock the tool to 45 and 90 degree angles, but to be honest I'd just freehand it.
Silver51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2013, 19:45   #4436
C-Sniper
Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
@ Stonesurd:

Might be focus, I just got a used D7000 and I am thinking it might have a back focus issue. Either that or it is the VC in my Tamron lens throwing it off. I am going to try to do more testing today to see which
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippoz View Post
hmm you seem to know a lot about guys.. I was wondering- if I put a piece of plywood down my pants, would that be enough to protect me from rear attacks.. like in a circus bathroom or high scale restaurant
C-Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2013, 22:26   #4437
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Discovered I had a little more leeway with the recovery tool than I thought I did so just pushed them a stop, better?

DSC_4776-2 by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

DSC_4780-2 by steveo_mcg, on Flickr
Old 9th Jan 2013, 10:29   #4438
stonedsurd

steveo, the first one's definitely easier on the eyes than the original upload Second is all right, but the cropped legs make it look a little wonky.

Anyway, I'm done with Mirages. Now I have a crapload of writing to do, and the next bunch of pictures will probably come up around mid-Feb, after Aero India

Hot Footing by angad84, on Flickr

Attitude by angad84, on Flickr

One-Three-Eight by angad84, on Flickr

Homeward Bound by angad84, on Flickr

Thumbs Up by angad84, on Flickr
Old 9th Jan 2013, 19:18   #4439
Cheap Mod Wannabe
Ultramodder

Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
@Steveo I wish I could just spend 5mins with you in front of photoshop. Maybe I should make some post production tutorial videos...

This weekend I went to Brooklyn Museum for the first time. They had this evening with music, free admission and were open till 11pm.

Brooklyn Museum by Neo - nimajus, on Flickr

Music, like colors in the air by Neo - nimajus, on Flickr

Then met up with an old friend and walked around manhattan.

Dan by Neo - nimajus, on Flickr

Naked Cowboy - Time Square by Neo - nimajus, on Flickr
Cheap Mod Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2013, 20:05   #4440
bdigital
Is re-building his PC again

bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Mod Wannabe View Post
@Steveo I wish I could just spend 5mins with you in front of photoshop. Maybe I should make some post production tutorial videos...

This weekend I went to Brooklyn Museum for the first time. They had this evening with music, free admission and were open till 11pm.

Brooklyn Museum by Neo - nimajus, on Flickr

Music, like colors in the air by Neo - nimajus, on Flickr

Then met up with an old friend and walked around manhattan.

Dan by Neo - nimajus, on Flickr

Naked Cowboy - Time Square by Neo - nimajus, on Flickr
Ive been wishing you could spend some time showing me how to post process for a long time neo! It doesnt matter what equipment you use your shots are always interesting

Check out my Apline White TJ07 - Case Mod and Water cooled build. http://www.flickr.com/photos/6188486...7631486959032/

Last edited by bdigital; 9th Jan 2013 at 21:04.
bdigital is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no skimlinks, stonedsurd? hell yes!