bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 27th Dec 2012, 08:57   #1
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
ZdMods | Project 180 | Final Pics 20/12/13

Now that I've almost finished Project pǝʇɹǝʌuı (new GPU arrives today!) I've started on a new mod, which I'd like to share with you.

This time not a scratch build, but a rebuild of an exisiting case, the Antec P180. Why this case, well simply because I had it sitting around after building Inverted.

Currently the hardware is outdated: Intel Q6600, 4Gb Ram, Radeon 6870. So I'll buy new hardware along the way of the build.

Picture time!

Standard Antec P180 housing

Again I'll be using 25x25mm aluminum tubes

Cut away parts of the original front to make room for the alu tubes

All alu bars in place, 3mm transparant plexi in between

Finished the top and bottom with a alu strip

Testfit of the front

I want to put 2 fans in the front that will draw air from the bottom of the front through the tubes. They won't be able to breathe much, but hopefully enough for what I want to do

Sketchup of the fan cutout in the front

This is what it looks like so far, the 2 outer tubes still need to be cut

That's it for now...

Sponsored by

[/URL]

Last edited by Meelobee; 20th Dec 2013 at 18:10.
Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Dec 2012, 09:17   #2
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Love the idea mate!
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Dec 2012, 09:40   #3
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Looks really nice, I like it.

Good idea with the tubes.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Dec 2012, 14:39   #4
_ferry_
Supermodder

_ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Great idea, and fits very well with the part of the front which remained
_ferry_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Dec 2012, 15:29   #5
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That front door looks sweet as...
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2012, 11:16   #6
Ace_finland
Multimodder

Ace_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for president
very nice as always!
Ace_finland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2012, 11:29   #7
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.
I love the look of that front. That is going to look really good when it's done.

As for the fans, you'll be surprised at just how air flow you will get. There are no filters or other obstructions to impede the air. So it shouldn't have to much of an affect.
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2012, 19:29   #8
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
that front. industrious-looking. aggressive yet sleek..

10/10! love the idea for creating airflow! where are the words to describe this?!

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2012, 20:24   #9
dream1
Multimodder

dream1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow this is looking good
dream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2012, 10:02   #10
bluc
Supermodder

bluc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great originals idea subbed looking forward to where this goes

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Old 1st Jan 2013, 20:38   #11
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks for the great replies everyone

I've done some more work on the case:

First I've finished the front, the fans are now countersunk into the tubes

There were some damaged area's on the plexi which I filed down, before:

After:

Fans fitted

Front on the case

I've bought some pieces of alu sheet to replace the front, back and midplate of the case.

Took the case apart, the white sheets on the left are the new alu parts

After cutting the front and back there wasn't much of the original material left

Made the front sheet to size

And bolted it all together again

Sponsored by

Last edited by Meelobee; 20th Dec 2013 at 18:09.
Old 1st Jan 2013, 20:58   #12
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
This is just awesome! Love the front panel!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2013, 02:25   #13
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
quick tip, you might want to get rid of the front part of the fan shroud as, when you shoved em in you created what my mind sees as a severe hindrance to the airflow, because as far as the fans are concerned, the bar/tube thickness just got halved, which halves the amt of air they can getwas also halved... the other option is to un-sink them a tad. correct me if i am wrong, a few red flags just flew up in my head. still great idea, gives me even more ideas for getting more air into my case.

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
Old 6th Jan 2013, 09:48   #14
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
About time I subscribed to this, looking nice so far Meelobee.
Acrylic aluminium cheesecake sandwich.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2013, 21:28   #15
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
This is just awesome! Love the front panel!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
quick tip, you might want to get rid of the front part of the fan shroud as, when you shoved em in you created what my mind sees as a severe hindrance to the airflow, because as far as the fans are concerned, the bar/tube thickness just got halved, which halves the amt of air they can getwas also halved... the other option is to un-sink them a tad. correct me if i am wrong, a few red flags just flew up in my head. still great idea, gives me even more ideas for getting more air into my case.
I'll see how it works, if needed I could unsink them a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
About time I subscribed to this, looking nice so far Meelobee.
Acrylic aluminium cheesecake sandwich.
Thank you sir...Cheesecake

Had some time to work on the case this weekend, first I've put the original I/O panel into the midplate.

Then I've cut 2 bars to replace the top piece of the case. To still be able to slide in the sidepanels (the panels have small hooks) I had to cut 3 rectangular holes in the side of each bar

The 2 top bars sit on L shaped pieces attached to the front and back of the case

With the sidepanels on it's all flush and straight

I've polished the strips on the top and bottom of the front with Commandant #4 after sanding them to P800

Sponsored by

Last edited by Meelobee; 25th Jul 2013 at 22:19.
Old 8th Jan 2013, 01:45   #16
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Terrific work Meelobee! The front is awesome.
Old 8th Jan 2013, 09:39   #17
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Thanks alot Attila
Old 8th Jan 2013, 09:49   #18
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila View Post
The front is awesome.
This. This. This.

Can't believe someone hasn't done this before on a P180
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2013, 03:28   #19
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

i might've missed something, but are you, say, gonna light up the acrylic, or do something flip-out crazy awesome with it

Old 9th Jan 2013, 08:00   #20
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
This. This. This.

Can't believe someone hasn't done this before on a P180
Thanks Mankz, I was kinda surprised too

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
i might've missed something, but are you, say, gonna light up the acrylic, or do something flip-out crazy awesome with it
Yes leds will be involved. I've drilled holes in the top of the acrylic to fit 3mm white leds. Here's a testpic with a normal light behind the acrylic:

Last edited by Meelobee; 30th Jan 2013 at 22:26.

Tags
antec, casemod, meelobee, p180, zdmods

View Mode