bit-tech.net

Old 8th Jan 2013, 22:56   #10681
IvanIvanovich
будет глотать вашу душу.

IvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Yes, the crosspoint is partially colapsed, so it would feel softer. You might be able to fix it, but be extremely careful as it is gold and very soft and really easy to damage beyond all hope. You could always unsolder switch and replace with new if you have to.
Old 8th Jan 2013, 22:59   #10682
GMC
Deaf-mute

GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GMC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el2k View Post
Thanks mate, I was google searching after my last post and the only info I could find was those GH posts where they were using various different Asus boards and no luck with getting their model M's to work once in Windows.

And.. THESE?
If its ps2 you could try one of these. I bought one for my skidata.
Cheaper than a new mobo...
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=180836227006
RIG: CM HAF922 | Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H | Phenom II X4 965 BE | Asus HD6850 | 12GB OCZ/Crucial PC12800 | 2 x 128GB CRUCIAL M4 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 | 2TB WD20EARX | XFX 650W PSU | 23" AOC e2343F | Creative T20 | Steelseries 7H | Logitech G9x
HTPC: Silverstone LC16S-MR | Blu-Ray | Asus P7P55D-E PRO | i5-760 | Sapphire HD6450 | 8GB Corsair Dominator | Kingston 60GB SSDNow V300 | 2TB WD20EZRX | 4TB WD40EZRX | OCZ ZS 550W PSU
KEYBOARDS: HHKB PRO 2 | KBT PURE | WASD V1 ISO | Cherry G80-1800 WKL
GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2013, 23:00   #10683
GeorgeK
Bit-Tech Keyboard Overlord

GeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysol View Post
Yes, the crosspoint is partially colapsed, so it would feel softer. You might be able to fix it, but be extremely careful as it is gold and very soft and really easy to damage beyond all hope. You could always unsolder switch and replace with new if you have to.
That was my thought - there are a couple like that but only 2 iirc...

Anyone got any good suggestions for a good starter soldering kit?

Edit: But in all seriousness - I don't own a soldering iron & would appreciate suggestions!
GeorgeK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2013, 23:04   #10684
el2k
MX Reds <3

el2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanel2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanel2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanel2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanel2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanel2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanel2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanel2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanel2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanel2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanel2k is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC View Post
If its ps2 you could try one of these. I bought one for my skidata.
Cheaper than a new mobo...
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=180836227006
Thanks but I'd still have to use the DIN to PS/2 converter... and if the PS/2 port can't give enough power, what's the chances of a PCI lane giving more through that card?

I'll wait until I can try my board on another PC and then make a decision!
Old 8th Jan 2013, 23:10   #10685
IvanIvanovich
будет глотать вашу душу.

IvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Also a good suggestion. Though personally if it were me and I verify that it works I would still probably opt for the sdl usb cable. Good for other M like if you happen to get an SSK or something, or decide you don't like BS and want to sell would be a good value add.
Old 9th Jan 2013, 00:16   #10686
Matticus

Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.
I just noticed that MechanicalKeyboards.com now do the UK ISO sets of ducky keycaps. Shame there are no white engraved PBT yet. On the Ducky board which has the white engraved PBT, from the pictures it looks as though the Caps and scroll lock have led holes in them which would look poo on my Filco :/
Old 9th Jan 2013, 00:21   #10687
Tangster
Butt-kicking for goodness!

Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el2k View Post
I did indeed, have tried a few times.

Are there any setting in bios at all to do with PS/2 or anything?

If it is the fact that my motherboard doesn't give enough power to PS/2 then that really sucks.
Sadly only 2 PC's in this house and both use Asus mobos.

Shall have to wait until I go to a friends to test on another computer....

I do also have the G80-1000 coming in the post later this week, this is also DIN, will it require the same amount of power? Therefore rendering it useless with my mobo aswell?

Having to buy a new mobo to keep up with my keyboard needs would be kinda annoying, but I'd be willing to do it

Thanks for any info
Well you can always make a DIN to PS/2 +active power from USB connector.
This is what I think the wiring diagram would be.

Possibly the same thing would also work if you tried plugging your DIN->PS/2 into a PS/2->USB adaptor.
Uni Box:i7 2700K@5.3GHz|EK Supreme LT+Coolstream XT 360|16GB HyperX DDR3@1866MHz|EVGA GTX780 ti+EK FC780ti|MSI P67A-GD55||M5 512|BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750W|U3011|Raven RV-02E|KBT Pure+Perixx MX2000 + Intuos 4M
Audio: PC->TosLink->TEAC UD-H01->Schiit Asgard-> Fostex TH600|InEar LivePro 3|Truth B2030A Monitors
BT Feedback

Last edited by Tangster; 9th Jan 2013 at 00:52.
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2013, 10:37   #10688
Yorkie
Ducky Fan Boy

Yorkie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yorkie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yorkie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yorkie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yorkie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yorkie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yorkie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yorkie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yorkie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yorkie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yorkie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus View Post
I just noticed that MechanicalKeyboards.com now do the UK ISO sets of ducky keycaps. Shame there are no white engraved PBT yet. On the Ducky board which has the white engraved PBT, from the pictures it looks as though the Caps and scroll lock have led holes in them which would look poo on my Filco :/
I've asked about these a month or so ago, it seems they may not be doing these any more :/

Oh just to add one of my latest purchases,

A Cherry Board with Blacks / Laser with Infill

www.daveplays.co.uk
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2013, 11:23   #10689
LennyRhys
Air Cooled

LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.
Yorkie - where'd you score that puppy and for how much? Nice find.
Old 9th Jan 2013, 11:31   #10690
Margo Baggins
I'm good at Soldering

Margo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
I've asked about these a month or so ago, it seems they may not be doing these any more :/

Oh just to add one of my latest purchases,

A Cherry Board with Blacks / Laser with Infill

I really want one of these boards and there funky glow in the dark keys, I just want an ANSI one and I can't seem to find them anywhere

Lenny - Amazon had some raptors a couple of weeks ago but I don't know if they are still there.

edit: it be german http://www.amazon.co.uk/Raptor-Gamin...7727524&sr=8-5

Get a Geek Box

i7 3820 4.3ghz - 8GB 2133mhz - GTX580 SOC

keyboards.
Margo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2013, 11:54   #10691
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The were plenty of 1x1 modifiers in the grab bags - might be worthwhile grabbing one of those German boards and re-capping it.

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2013, 12:08   #10692
LennyRhys
Air Cooled

LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.
Yeah I got quite a lot of 1x1 white-on-black mods.

Only problem for me with the German K1 (well, two problems) is 1: it's German, and 2: no idea what the switches are. I am definitely interested tho...
Old 9th Jan 2013, 12:13   #10693
GeorgeK

GeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyRhys View Post
no idea what the switches are.
I think it's got blacks
Old 9th Jan 2013, 12:18   #10694
LennyRhys
Air Cooled

Depends where you look mate - I think it's got browns

(Note: the Hexus review shows the German version)
Old 9th Jan 2013, 12:23   #10695
GeorgeK

Good point...

Useless amazon listing is useless...

Edit: Meant to say this yesterday, but they really are looking fantastic Lysol - can't wait to get my hands on mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysol View Post
I even had some keycap set made up for US Intl, you can see what it offer...

Last edited by GeorgeK; 9th Jan 2013 at 12:29.
Old 9th Jan 2013, 14:00   #10696
LennyRhys
Air Cooled

Spreadie's caps arrived today... Now I'm almost fully kitted out with white-on-blacks (with the exception of a bright blue Caps Lock and a bright orange Enter, but hey it could be far worse).

Waiting on more 1.25 mods coming in and I'm 99% there.

Where are the rest of these group buy keycap pictures?!
Old 9th Jan 2013, 14:04   #10697
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Spreadie's caps arrived today... Now I'm almost fully kitted out with white-on-blacks (with the exception of a bright blue Caps Lock and a bright orange Enter, but hey it could be far worse).
Glad they got there quickly, mate.

I thought you had a black enter key in your grab bag pic?
Quote:
Where are the rest of these group buy keycap pictures?!
Don't! Margo must be nigh on suicidal, waiting for his.

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2013, 14:13   #10698
LennyRhys
Air Cooled

Hahah

And that "black" ISO Enter was in fact very dark gray so I decided not to keep it... mark1903 got it last night. I'd be quite happy with the orange Enter that fuss has.

I'm getting a really itchy trigger finger for buying a mech keyboard now though...
Old 9th Jan 2013, 14:31   #10699
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Teelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming Saiyan

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI 2 x Dell U27" @ 2560 x 1440, 4 bags of weed
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2013, 14:38   #10700
LennyRhys
Air Cooled

Teel - the ones at the top look very light... are they mostly black?

Tags
<3 mx red <3, 20000 post madness :p, clear switch clear mind, clickytimes, gmk mmmm, irc > bit-tech, irc cheesecake, mx blears, say yes to skimmed milk, taste my mx greys, topre = domes for suckas, topre ftw, topre master race, touch my keyboard