bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 9th Jan 2013, 21:47   #1
flix
Modder

flix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelflix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelflix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelflix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelflix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Aprire - Lian Li PC-7HX -- VOTING ONLINE-- final pics

Hey guys,
I want to enter the Lian Li Contest so I bought an Lian Li PC-7HX.
There is just one Problem, there are still 9 days left.

This is what I've done so far.
I think this weekend will be very hard.

I'd rather let the pictures tell, so let me just say that the theme of the mod is Lamborghini. I really like these cars and I let myself inspired by especially the Lamborghini Aventado and Reventon.

Here some pics of the original case:

The finish is actually to nice to destroy, but who cares? :eleph:

Big thanks to my girlfriend and a friend of mine which helped out some times working on the case.

Now I'm very proud to name the sponsors of this project:

:

:

:

Caseking supports this project with some nice stuff from Bitfenix.

Thanks a lot

I hope you have fun while reading this worklog and I'm happy for every feedback

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Now lets start with the first real update about what I did so far!
At first I disambled all the stuff I didn't need, that was a lot But I didnt take pictures.

Second step: I cutted some angle sections:

These parts were mounted on top of the case. But why? :P

After that, I began to cut out some plexiglass.

After cutting it, I arrange the parts...

...and began to glue them together:

Some parts were bended by using a heat gun:

Adjusted, ground and mounted:

Continued the glueing:

Now it looks like that:

The top of the case must be adjusted to fit the All in One Watercooler from Enermax:

Now it's time for the highlight of this mod.
What would a Lamborghini mod would be without some gull-wing doors?
I will use some gas springs which are normally used for furniture.

The bracket on the sidepanel:

At the end some pics of the working sidepanels:

I hope you like it.

Last edited by flix; 22nd Jan 2013 at 19:46.
flix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2013, 22:02   #2
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
nnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. the idea you had for the scoops, with actual "channels" gives me a just the solution ive been looking for for the sidepanel im planning. nice touch with the doors too.

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2013, 22:42   #3
dream1
Multimodder

dream1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow very nice i like the sidepanels. keep it up
dream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2013, 00:28   #4
exexs
Multimodder

exexs has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wooow! very nice panels! Gonna follow this one x)
Old 10th Jan 2013, 02:04   #5
Sissilisko
Multimodder

Sissilisko has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well that's cool :P

unfinished:
none!
Sissilisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2013, 03:43   #6
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
question: will the left side-panel end up becoming a functional scoop? blowing more air into the case?

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
Old 10th Jan 2013, 08:06   #7
Sn00k3r
Modder

Sn00k3r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wuhuuu, thats what i call fancy Sidepanels

subbed
Sn00k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jan 2013, 21:04   #8
flix
Modder

flix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelflix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelflix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelflix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelflix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
At the weekend I started with the front. First I cutted some plexiglas and aluminium bars and screwed it together:

Mounted on the case:

Filed it :

Didn't take a lot of pictures these days, but it was every time the same kind of work: cutting, glueing and filing the plexiglass.

I continued with the front:

Cutting this parts by using a scrollsaw:

Started to grind the front and mounted it on the rest of the case:

Some other Hardware I am going to use:

I love this card

Still a lot of work to do...
Old 14th Jan 2013, 21:14   #9
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
That l00ks insanely cool Flix! love the shapes you have created
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jan 2013, 21:24   #10
exexs
Multimodder

exexs has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You've got some impressive acrylic skills my friend x)
Old 15th Jan 2013, 21:12   #11
flix
Modder

Thanks a lot.

Update time

The front is nearly done.

Tomorrow I won't go to university... deadline is comming :shocked:

At first I want to mount the fan controller inside but I didn't quite know how. So i decided to mount it at a "standard" place.
I don't like to see it all the time so I need a cover. I used some tiny magnets to hold it. Works great.

This is how it looks at the moment:

Hope you like it, see you tomorrow

Last edited by flix; 17th Jan 2013 at 14:59.
Old 15th Jan 2013, 21:24   #12
sui_winbolo
Giraffe_City

sui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysis
Oh wow, amazing customization. Can't wait to see more!
WD Velociraptor 300GB HDD | Corsair Pro 650w PSU | Silverstone MATX Case ::

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
sui_winbolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2013, 00:54   #13
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

Lookin good! and im guessing that only the smaller scoops/intakes will be functional from all that bondo. or is your psu not balls enough to power enough fans to sound like the actual car

Old 17th Jan 2013, 09:38   #14
dreps
Multimodder

dreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
very nice looking mod! cant recognize the original
dreps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2013, 10:08   #15
jamsand
Ultramodder

jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.
subb'd the mother subbin sub out of this
jamsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2013, 19:26   #16
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsand View Post
rep to you, rep to logger, have a little cherry bomb rep!

Old 18th Jan 2013, 09:29   #17
flix
Modder

Thx to all

@ siliconfanatic: just the fins in the middle are for air intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsand View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
rep to you, rep to logger, have a little cherry bomb rep!
I have no idea what you two are talking about, I'm no native speaker as you can see on my posts But it sounds like you like it

Here the Update:
Actually I wanted to be done by now but filling and grinding is such a time waster...

Nothing exciting to see, just some small blocks of plexiglass. They will hold the fins on the front.

First coat of primer, just to see where I need to fill again:

Yesterday I broke some parts...
So I needed to fix that. That was really discouraging, but now its done

Bended the mesh for the front:

The top cover is also cutted and glued::

Startet to paint:

Front is nearly done:

Old 18th Jan 2013, 09:54   #18
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Looks great.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jan 2013, 11:41   #19
k.3nny
Hypermodder

k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Flat black always nice !
k.3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2013, 01:33   #20
flix
Modder

Thats it
Still some small things to do (for example lightning) but I'm satisfied.

Next week the voting starts, I will post the link here

Good night

View Mode