bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 11th Jan 2013, 02:39   #41
barry99705
sudo rm -Rf /

barry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx0forever View Post
hello

why did you decide against angle iron and roller bearings ?
to me that solution seems much better and stronger .

i am planning on building a massive cnc machine somewhere in the ballpark of 3 x 3 feet (1 x 1m) or bigger, using a plasma cutter, and i planned to use the solution with angled iron, roller bearings and round tube.., so im really interested in why you chose to abandon it ?
( most of my machine will be made out of steel and probebly ridiculously oversized )
He said a few posts up he doesn't have any tools for working with metal.
Old 12th Jan 2013, 12:19   #42
Ace_finland
Multimodder

Ace_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for president
any updates?
Ace_finland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2013, 04:06   #43
Nealieboyee
Packaging Master!

Nealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for president
Quote:
hello

why did you decide against angle iron and roller bearings ?
to me that solution seems much better and stronger .

i am planning on building a massive cnc machine somewhere in the ballpark of 3 x 3 feet (1 x 1m) or bigger, using a plasma cutter, and i planned to use the solution with angled iron, roller bearings and round tube.., so im really interested in why you chose to abandon it ?
( most of my machine will be made out of steel and probebly ridiculously oversized )
As said above, I don't have the tools for it. If I had an angle grinder or hacksaw, I'd have followed that route. Welding it would be great too.
I dropped the mdf because of the dust involved. Have you thought about using steel pipe for the rails? Google Joe's CNC 2006 for some great builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_finland View Post
any updates?
I'll have something today
Old 13th Jan 2013, 11:51   #44
mx0forever
Minimodder

mx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealieboyee View Post
As said above, I don't have the tools for it. If I had an angle grinder or hacksaw, I'd have followed that route. Welding it would be great too.
I dropped the mdf because of the dust involved. Have you thought about using steel pipe for the rails? Google Joe's CNC 2006 for some great builds.
thanks för the advice on "Joe's CNC 2006" , and yes i plan to use steel pipe , and angle iron and a whole lot of bearings för the rails .., and most of the machine will be steel ( i have the tools to work with steel and i prefer steel because you can always mend it.., if wood cracks then your done for) , the only big question i face right now is wheter to use threated rod, or belt .., probebly threated
( there might be a costum aluminium cnc cut scratch build in my future )

love your project by the way!
mx0forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2013, 15:20   #45
Nealieboyee
Packaging Master!

Nealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for president
Quote:
thanks för the advice on "Joe's CNC 2006" , and yes i plan to use steel pipe , and angle iron and a whole lot of bearings för the rails .., and most of the machine will be steel ( i have the tools to work with steel and i prefer steel because you can always mend it.., if wood cracks then your done for) , the only big question i face right now is wheter to use threated rod, or belt .., probebly threated
( there might be a costum aluminium cnc cut scratch build in my future )

love your project by the way!
You can get away with using aluminium angle for the bearing rails because they don't come in contact with anything. If you go with threaded rod, and you have the money, then use decent leadscrews like ACME. They will improve your speed tremendously. If it is your first time building, belts can be really tricky to set up.
Old 28th Jan 2013, 20:02   #46
mx0forever
Minimodder

mx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
it seems a bit dead over here ..
hope to see an a update soon , you do mean what you told in the beginning

( just like ot mention that i finally after years of wanting to, got to building., http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=255937 )
mx0forever is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode