bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Tech Support

Old 11th Jan 2013, 10:20   #1
Tynecider
Since ZX81

Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
ROG Connect - Accurate CPU temps on P55?

Hi All,
Just venturing into some overclocking with this CPU, Looking for maximum O/C with EIST power saving enabled.
I have a question before proceeding further.
My ROG connect is showing lower temps under load on this i7 860, @3.4Ghz with 1.275v, under water.

[ROG Connect ]______________[ RealTemp]
Idle____[ 35 ]______________[32 30 32 29]
Load___[42 ]_______________[57 55 55 56]

Is ROG connect reliable, anyone else have this issue.
My thoughts were that ROG connect would be more accurate for reading temps as it has control of the BIOS settings too.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andy
“The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.” - Frank Zappa
Tynecider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2013, 12:20   #2
Big Elf
I am invisible

Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.
If the ROG Connect uses the same method to measure temps as the Asus software then don't trust it and use Real Temp. I've had a number of Asus mobos since 2007 and not one of them has ever had reliable CPU temp monitoring using the Asus software.
Big Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2013, 14:37   #3
Tynecider
Since ZX81

Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
cheers, noted.

bloody shame too, the RC tweak program is great for OC'ing on the fly
“The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.” - Frank Zappa
Tynecider is offline   Reply With Quote