bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 9th Jan 2013, 20:38   #21
OcSurfe
Uber Noob

OcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
brilliant idea, loving it so far,
keep it up
OcSurfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2013, 22:27   #22
Hukkel
Supermodder

Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Well this is looking rather special. I live the pillar front. And with the IO shield facing downwards.

Yup, looking great! Can't wait for more.
Hukkel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2013, 20:00   #23
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks guys

During the week I received a package from Coolermaster, they decided to sponsor my project and send me a very nice Silent pro M2 1000w psu and 7 Excalibur 120mm fans.

Big thanks to Marco from Coolermaster Benelux for making this happen

And I also have a small update:

Did a bit more work on the top of the case. I've put plexi and aluminum corners onto the bars that hold the sidepanels.
This way each side of the top looks like it's made out of two bars with plexi in between. And I still have room to put a 360 radiator right under the top of the case

And I've used a small piece of alu tube to make the backside of the top

Sponsored by

Last edited by Meelobee; 25th Jul 2013 at 22:20.
Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2013, 21:25   #24
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
0_0 have some rep!

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2013, 16:51   #25
MeddlE
Supermodder

MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Subscribed, liking where this is going!
MeddlE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2013, 08:55   #26
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
0_0 have some rep!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeddlE View Post
Subscribed, liking where this is going!
Thanks!

During the last weeks I've collected some some hardware for this build:

CPU Block (I won this with Inverted in the CooledPC compo from EKWB.)

OZC Vertex 4 128Gb ssd

Alphacool Nexxos ST30 240 & 360

360 with Coolermaster Excalibur fans

The 360 radiator is bolted to another angled piece of aluminum. This piece is attached to the existing bolts that hold together the tubes, plexi and the corner. Because of this there are no visible screws, and I could clamp the hex mesh between the 2 corners.

Top of the case (Upside down on this pic)

Sponsored by

Last edited by Meelobee; 25th Jul 2013 at 22:19.
Old 28th Jan 2013, 15:04   #27
elAwesome
Multimodder

elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Awesome!!
I really like the design so far!
elAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2013, 14:25   #28
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Thanks elAwesome

The top is almost done, just need to make a small alu piece to fill the hole on the front of the top. And ofcourse it needs a nice finish (brushed) and the mesh might be spraypainted.

I've installed both rads., ufortunately I've made a small mistake while making measurements. As a result of the mistake the front rad was too high in the front and the fittings didn't err... fit.. So I had to turn the rad upside down, with the fittings on the bottom. A bit harder to fill the loop now, but no biggie

Because of the orientation of the front rad the copper between the fins is clearly visible. (with the rad's fittings on top this was less visible.) Can I just paint the fins?

Sponsored by

Old 30th Jan 2013, 14:42   #29
fr0Zen
sabertooth 990FX

fr0Zen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfr0Zen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
yes you can just paint them but it will give worse thermal preformance
Old 24th Feb 2013, 17:09   #30
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Been a while since the last update, modding is going slow lately, too much stuff to do and too little time...anyway I did find some time to do some small things;

First I tackled the issue with the visible copper on the 240 rad. Instead of painting the fins I decided to hide the whole rad behind a cover. So I cut some profiles

Cut a piece of aluminum and attached the mesh with metal putty

both attached to the rad

The 360 rad in the top is hidden with 2 aluminum pieces too

From the side you can't see the rads anymore

To get a bit more fresh air into the case I've added two holes in the backpanel, these will be finished with mesh

Installed 3mm white leds in the front, the plexi needs more sanding so the lightning isn't equal yet

Sponsored by

Old 24th Feb 2013, 17:11   #31
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That rad grill looks sexy.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2013, 17:47   #32
elAwesome
Multimodder

elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Oooh damn, that's some nice metal work!
elAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2013, 18:52   #33
whyte
Multimodder

whyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwhyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Not sure if this has been answered already, but are you going to put the psu in the front of the bottom chamber?
Old 24th Feb 2013, 21:25   #34
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
This is going to be an excellent before & after comparison.

Looking good.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2013, 10:45   #35
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyte View Post
Not sure if this has been answered already, but are you going to put the psu in the front of the bottom chamber?
Actually I'm not 100% sure yet. Most likely it will be installed in the back. It would be the easiest place to install it and get the exhaust on the back of the case too. But installing it there would interfere with the i/o ports, which face downwards. I still have to think of a nifty way to solve this, so far I've came up with 2 options, either a hinge or some sort of panel I can slide in and out from the side.
Old 25th Feb 2013, 11:02   #36
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I seriously love that front man!
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2013, 03:04   #37
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
Sometimes I wish I could think of non-overkill ideas. The design of this is just plain brilliant

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2013, 11:14   #38
WaRn00b
bit-tech addict

WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Very interesting indeed. Subbed!
WaRn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2013, 12:56   #39
White-Fox
Multimodder

White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
it looks.... AWESOME!! keep up the good job!
White-Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2013, 16:59   #40
ry@n
Ultramodder

ry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysis
I really like this, it almost looks factory made. The front panel and mid section are really well thought out and executed. Nice to see something different.

- Dual Loop i7 Stacker Left Handed? CLICK HERE -
ry@n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antec, casemod, meelobee, p180, zdmods

View Mode