bit-tech.net

Old 9th Jan 2013, 19:17   #4441
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Naked cowboy is not actually naked. I am disappoint.
Old 9th Jan 2013, 21:26   #4442
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Mod Wannabe View Post
@Steveo I wish I could just spend 5mins with you in front of photoshop. Maybe I should make some post production tutorial videos...
Any time you're this way your more than welcome

I should probably do more reading with regards to pp but I'm still working on composition and generally work better with one thing at a time.
Old 9th Jan 2013, 23:15   #4443
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
awesome shots guys. love Touchdown and UWA of the cyclist shot.

I went to Edinburgh just before Christmas, finally finished going through and putting them up, here are a few good ones:

Mist by wuyanxu, on Flickr

The Royal Yacht by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Edinburgh castle at night by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Jedburgh Abbey by wuyanxu, on Flickr
Old 10th Jan 2013, 02:01   #4444
C-Sniper
Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Came within about a foot of this guy while walking around the woods today. Scared the living **** out of me and caused me to jump back and re-evaluate the path I was going to take

Total length was about a 2.5-3ft and the diameter was about 2 inches.

Cottonmouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippoz View Post
hmm you seem to know a lot about guys.. I was wondering- if I put a piece of plywood down my pants, would that be enough to protect me from rear attacks.. like in a circus bathroom or high scale restaurant

Last edited by C-Sniper; 10th Jan 2013 at 02:12.
C-Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2013, 06:52   #4445
stonedsurd

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Wuyanxu - the last shot is great. I miss Scotland

Fantastic shot C-Sniper. Always good to know people are risking life and limb for photographs
Old 10th Jan 2013, 14:27   #4446
Lewis*b
Modder

Lewis*b has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

2/365 Polaroid SX-70 Model 2 by lewisbrymner, on Flickr
Lewis*b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2013, 17:25   #4447
stonedsurd

I really, really like you style of shooting, Lewis.
Old 10th Jan 2013, 23:01   #4448
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Agreed, just don't let the Instagram bunch and whatnot get hold of such a photo.
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2013, 05:33   #4449
dullonien
Master of the unfinished.

dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
A few shots from my recent trip to Iceland:

My shots of the geysir turned out really well imo. The light was great at the time, just before dusk, very atmospheric:

Unfortunately I couldn't take my tripod with me, so my northern lights shots were mostly horrible. This is the best, taken with the camera on the roof of the hire car (hence the reflection), but it's far from good:

Main SilverStone FT03B | 2500K@4.0GHz | Corsair H70 | Maximus IV Gene-Z | 16GB DDR3 | Zotac GTX 470 | Corsair AX750 | 2 x HP ZR24w's | Server Antec 300 | Q6600 | Corsair H50 | EVGA 680i Sli | 8GB DDR2 | Sapphire HD4870 | Corsair HX520 | HighPoint RocketRAID 2680SGL | Renderer Lian-Li V300 | E6600 | Titan Fenrir | Abit Fatal1ty F-190HD | 4GB DDR2 | HIS X1950XT | Storage 12.5TB of Seagate HDD's |
dullonien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2013, 09:20   #4450
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Gorgeous shots, everybody!

Reminds me I need to start messing with stills again. I've gotten addicted to doing video because I have a place to post it, but i should mess around with the still camera some more.
Old 12th Jan 2013, 18:18   #4451
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dullonien View Post
OMG! it's my dream to see the northern light! you sir are very lucky!
Old 12th Jan 2013, 18:47   #4452
stonedsurd

Awesome, AWESOME shots dullonien
Old 12th Jan 2013, 19:19   #4453
dynamis_dk
Grr... Grumpy!!

dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Unfortunately I couldn't take my tripod with me, so my northern lights shots were mostly horrible. This is the best, taken with the camera on the roof of the hire car (hence the reflection), but it's far from good:

Great shot. I didn't read the text initially just seeing the photo alone. I didn't notice it was a car roof, I though it looked slightly soft as an image but it looks to me like the roof is a lake or something (which explained the reflection)..
Old 12th Jan 2013, 20:09   #4454
dullonien

dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamis_dk View Post
Great shot. I didn't read the text initially just seeing the photo alone. I didn't notice it was a car roof, I though it looked slightly soft as an image but it looks to me like the roof is a lake or something (which explained the reflection)..
Thank you all for your compliments, but it's really not a very good shot. It looks a little better here due to the relatively small image size, but at a higher resolution the blurriness is very evident, especially in the stars. It was quite a windy night, and because the camera was being loosely propped up on the car roof with whatever we had laying about (lighter I think), coupled with a 150 sec. exposure time, and it was never going to be sharp. A decent amount of sharpening was applied to the RAW image in photoshop as well.

I wish I had my tripod with me, next time... Anyway, a photograph isn't everything, it was a great experience seeing the northern lights.
Main SilverStone FT03B | 2500K@4.0GHz | Corsair H70 | Maximus IV Gene-Z | 16GB DDR3 | Zotac GTX 470 | Corsair AX750 | 2 x HP ZR24w's | Server Antec 300 | Q6600 | Corsair H50 | EVGA 680i Sli | 8GB DDR2 | Sapphire HD4870 | Corsair HX520 | HighPoint RocketRAID 2680SGL | Renderer Lian-Li V300 | E6600 | Titan Fenrir | Abit Fatal1ty F-190HD | 4GB DDR2 | HIS X1950XT | Storage 12.5TB of Seagate HDD's |
Old 13th Jan 2013, 17:12   #4455
Gryphon
Hypermodder

Gryphon has yet to learn the way of the DremelGryphon has yet to learn the way of the DremelGryphon has yet to learn the way of the DremelGryphon has yet to learn the way of the DremelGryphon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Been a while since I've put anything up here... Some shots from a recent Downhill Mountain Biking Race. The autumn colours were amazing!

20121111-_MG_8419 by Rowan Griffin, on Flickr

20121111-_MG_8060 by Rowan Griffin, on Flickr

20121111-_MG_8088 by Rowan Griffin, on Flickr
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2013, 19:36   #4456
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime
bit-tech Staff

Material is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
A few shots from my recent trip to Iceland:
I'm off to Iceland in 6 weeks time - any places you's suggest I see or any tips?

I'm meant to be going on a outing to see the northern lights, did they pop up most nights? I'm terrified I'm going to go all that way then either it'll be cloudy or they wont show

bit-tech on Facebook - Custom PC on Facebook - bit-tech on Twitter

Steam ID: votelarry - BFBC2 ID: M4terial - Feel free to add me
Material is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2013, 19:54   #4457
dullonien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Material View Post
I'm off to Iceland in 6 weeks time - any places you's suggest I see or any tips?

I'm meant to be going on a outing to see the northern lights, did they pop up most nights? I'm terrified I'm going to go all that way then either it'll be cloudy or they wont show
My big tip would be to hire a car. We hired a golf sized car for 2 days for ~ 130 from Europcar (got upgraded to a Civic mind), and it was a good decision. It made it much easier to explore the surrounding countryside, although be prepared for ice covered roads as you head into the mountains. Our hire car had studded tires which made it easy to drive tbh, but I consider myself a very good driver in snow and ice.

The conditions need to be clear for the northern lights, so there is an amount of luck involved. The organised coach outings to see the northern lights could end in you not seeing them, it all depends on how long they are willing to wait. On the night we saw them, they didn't fully emerge until gone 1am, and I am unsure if the coaches would wait that long. Having a car allowed us to wait as long as needed. Unfortunately we had all but given up on seeing them that night, so had already set off back to Reykjavik when they appeared, but initially we had found a great spot to view them from, up in the mountains. This freedom could also be good, although the spot the coaches go to could also be good, I'm not sure.

Other places to visit would definitely be the Geysir, which is east of Reykjavik, and another 20min further is Gullfoss, quite a large waterfall. We couldn't enjoy ourselves too much at Gullfoss, as it was -12 at the time and blowing an absolute gale = insanely cold.

Reserve a day for the Blue Lagoon, it is completely worth it. We spent around 4-5 hours there and it was thoroughly relaxing.
Old 14th Jan 2013, 20:40   #4458
JazzXP
Eh! Steve

JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!JazzXP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
One from yesterday :-)

Alyssa Warland by JazzXP, on Flickr

There are three kinds of lies: Lies, damned lies, and benchmarks.

there is no such thing as "Fool-Proof" just "Idiot resistant" - Pflumingo
JazzXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 19:01   #4459
yodasarmpit
No longer the other Brett.

yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.
A few from NYC

Old 15th Jan 2013, 19:08   #4460
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Wow yoda, great x3.

Have a good trip?

Tags
no skimlinks, stonedsurd? hell yes!