bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 29th Oct 2012, 16:37   #21
RedManc
Supermodder

RedManc has yet to learn the way of the DremelRedManc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoochy View Post
When's the next update planned for? I was really looking forward to seeing this one progress - moar updates plox.
I don't know who you are. I do know what you want. You are looking for an update, I can tell you I don't have any right now. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a treat for people like you. If you have a little patience now, there will be an update soon. But if you don't, you will tear you hair out, you will have sleepless nights, and you will probably spiral into a deep and dark depression.

.... in other words an update is hopefully coming soon!
Old 4th Nov 2012, 22:24   #22
RedManc
Supermodder

RedManc has yet to learn the way of the DremelRedManc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Old 4th Nov 2012, 22:27   #23
elAwesome
Multimodder

elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Now that's a great idea for a pc mod
Definately subscribed
elAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2013, 19:07   #24
RedManc
Supermodder

Old 13th Jan 2013, 22:19   #25
RedManc
Supermodder

So this is my visor mould made using plaster of paris strips.

The reason why there is no video of the forming process is that it just didn't work!

But look what you can do when you just use your hands (and an industrial oven)

I think I might have cracked it, at least I enjoyed making the vacuum machine even if it didn't work.
Old 14th Jan 2013, 08:12   #26
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run Crysis
aw that sucks that it didn't work was there just not enough force?
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jan 2013, 08:26   #27
RedManc
Supermodder

I had two holders for the acrylic, the first one I tried was too small and didn't cover past the platen enough. because of the thickness of the acrylic it didn't cover the mould well enough to touch the board.

the second holder would have been perfect provided I could fit it into the oven, but in November we bought a new oven and this new one has rails inside it which cannot be removed unlike the original one which I took measurements of!

Tags
expanding foam, htpc, mitx, vacuum forming

View Mode