bit-tech.net

Old 30th Nov 2012, 11:55   #1
IccleD
Modder

IccleD has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Disappointed with Scan

I've bought loads of stuff from Amazon & eBay over the last few months for a PC build and have never had a problem, so when I chose a reputable retailer to purchase a new case I thought I'd have no issues, but I was wrong! Here's the tale so far.....

I spent Monday & Tuesday (26th & 27th) looking at cases which would suit my needs, when I settled on one from Scan. After consulting with the Money Manager (Wife) I placed the order with them late on Wednesday (28th). I was a little annoyed at having to pay nearly 10 Next Day Delivery but thought "Meh, I'll have it on Friday (30th), the Wife will have to stay in until I'm home from work." She was not pleased

Alas, no... this was not to be.

I had checked the case on Monday, In Stock. Tuesday, In Stock. Wednesday, In Stock. Ordered, along with 4 Fans, Fan Grills and some cables.

Thursday (29th) went something like this:
11:15 (whilst at work) Email - Sorry, We don't have [ 1 ] of your Fans. Please let us know what you'd like to do. We can refund the money for the one Fan or you can choose a different model (We suggest this different BRAND & SPEC which won't match your other 3!)

15:48 (when home) I reply to the Email: "OK, If you have the other [ 3 ] Fans, then just refund the [ 1 ] you don't have.

15:52 (Email reply) I can confirm that I have made the following amendments to your order: Deleted: [ 1 ] As a result, a refund of 7.17 will be processed upon completion of the order. Now the Fans are listed at 7.18 on the Scan website, but who's gonna argue over 1p when:
Estimated Despatch Date: 29.11.2012
We will aim to despatch your order to meet the estimate above. Once your order has been despatched, delivery should be made next working day by DPD.

20:27 (Email) Thank you for your order from Scan.
Please regard this email as an active notification of a delay in your order, due to a temporary shortage in stock of the following item/s:
1. MY CASE
Estimated Lead Date 04/12/2012
Suggested Replacement MORE EXPENSIVE CASE NOT SUITED FOR PURPOSE.
2. MY FANS
Estimated Lead Date 06/12/2012
Now I don't know whether this is for the [ 1 ] Fan already cancelled (and ordered elsewhere via a different retailer) or for the other [ 3 ] Fans that were in stock less than 5hrs ago!!!

Both products are now listed as Pre Order on the Scan website, which wasn't the case at 16:00 Thursday when I checked after cancelling the [ 1 ] Fan. So instead of being able to sit down over my weekend off and build this new PC, I have to wait until sometime next week for the final bits to be delivered and then a couple more weeks before I have the time to put it together.

Is this the type of service to expect from 2011 / 2012 Bit-Tech Best Retailer? I don't think so, but then who am I other than one annoyed & put out customer, who by the way made a prompt payment. The money for my order deducted from my account immediately the order was placed, so is sitting in a bank account somewhere making Scan money, while I don't have anything I ordered. Finally, the worst thing... I have no choice but to wait as the case I was looking for is only available from Scan (well, they are the only ones I'd personally buy from anyway!). ./rant
IccleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2012, 12:53   #2
Carrie
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.
Why did you pay 10 for next day delivery? Unless things have changed recently, if in stock and ordered by 5.30 I think it is they always deliver next day and bit-tech members with 20+ posts and order value over 20 (excluding vat) get free delivery on the same basis
MountainMods H2GO - the little case, i7-860, ROG Maximus III Forumla, 2 x 2gb GSkill Trident F3-1600 @ 2k, Coolermaster RS700-80GAD3-UK Silent Pro Gold 700W, Noctua NH-C14 dual fan, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1GB, 1 x 500GB Seagate 7200, Samsung 830 SSD, 500Gb WD, Samsung 12x B/ray, AeroCool F/C, E'max Apollish/Cluster fans.
Now building a scratch build HTPC
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2012, 13:09   #3
CrazyJoe
Ultramodder

CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Scan's stock system has always been a bit rubbish, there are plenty of stories of people getting OOS emails despite them showing as in stock when ordered.

It's happened to me as well but I just waited it out as I wasn't in much of a hurry.
CrazyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2012, 16:33   #4
sp4nky
BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
So they have taken your money but cannot actually complete the order for another 7 days? I'd be disappointed too.
Old 30th Nov 2012, 16:38   #5
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
All stock systems have a slight delay in reporting something that is out of stock.

Why did you leave it until last minute to order your stuff? That leaves no room for error or a failed delivery.
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2012, 17:42   #6
IccleD
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
Why did you pay 10 for next day delivery? Unless things have changed recently, if in stock and ordered by 5.30 I think it is they always deliver next day and bit-tech members with 20+ posts and order value over 20 (excluding vat) get free delivery on the same basis
Yeah, um well it used to be that you had to have 20posts in one month or something? I was never eligible but then Scan left and came back with a better offer. Anyway, I've registered for free delivery now... if I use Scan ever again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight View Post
All stock systems have a slight delay in reporting something that is out of stock.

Why did you leave it until last minute to order your stuff? That leaves no room for error or a failed delivery.
I can understand a delay, but as I said, it was In Stock for 3 Days before I ordered and the Case was In Stock at 3pm when they emailed me the first time!

I didn't leave it, I ordered it then booked the weekend off, based on the quoted delivered when the order was placed.
Old 30th Nov 2012, 17:52   #7
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
I always leave an extra day as I have had this happen before with online PC parts.
Old 8th Dec 2012, 21:48   #8
IccleD
Modder

It's now been 10 days since the order was placed... No Stock, No Updates. Not even an email to say when it's due although the case has been reading due "Today" for 3 days now!

PIFT!
Old 8th Dec 2012, 21:49   #9
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

Call them!
Old 8th Dec 2012, 21:51   #10
IccleD
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight View Post
Call them!
I probably should I guess, I just thought I'd leave it past the "Lead Dates" that were quoted. Still, a simple email shouldn't be too much to ask, should it?
Old 15th Jan 2013, 20:32   #11
sp4nky
BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
It's more than a month since the last update. Any progress?
Old 15th Jan 2013, 22:43   #12
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
To be honest scan are pretty bad, but so are all the other ones, oc uk, aria and the rest. The only place that I seem to get on with are amazon, and pc world for things like laptops/tablets.
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2013, 08:42   #13
G0UDG
helping others costs nothing

G0UDG is definitely a rep cheat.G0UDG is definitely a rep cheat.G0UDG is definitely a rep cheat.G0UDG is definitely a rep cheat.G0UDG is definitely a rep cheat.G0UDG is definitely a rep cheat.G0UDG is definitely a rep cheat.G0UDG is definitely a rep cheat.G0UDG is definitely a rep cheat.G0UDG is definitely a rep cheat.G0UDG is definitely a rep cheat.
I must be in a minority then as Ive been buying stuff from scan for a few years now and never had a problem,no business can get it right 100% of the time theres always going to be the occassional problem. Hope you got it sorted matey
Hard to explain to someone who has no clue. Or doesn't believe you. It's a daily struggle being in pain or feeling sick on the inside while you look fine on the outside. Please put this as your signature for at least 1 hour if you or someone you know has an invisible illness (Pancreatitis, Crohn's, PTSD, Anxiety, Bipolar, Depression, Diabetes, LUPUS, Fibromyalgia, MS,Lupus, ME, Arthritis, Cancer, Heart Disease, Epilepsy, Autism,M.D. Evan Syndrome etc.) " Never judge what you don't understand.
G0UDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2013, 09:31   #14
ChrisP
Retail Sales Manager

ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
IccleD

Please PM me your Invoice number

Best Regards