bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Hardware

Old 15th Jan 2013, 16:12   #41
Spreadie
Knows the way of the Dremel

Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
The TJ-07 mod has been done to death now though, so I'd take a 900 if I had a choice.
Steel vs Alu?

Nah, I'd still go for the TJ07.

2500K|Gene-Z|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 16:26   #42
MjFrosty
Hypermodder

MjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
lol. What's so great about alu? Other than it's brushed and your other half can lob it out the window?

Almost double the thought put into it just to stop the git from rattling like a moped.

Steel, thanks.
Old 15th Jan 2013, 16:36   #43
Spreadie

Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MjFrosty View Post
lol. What's so great about alu? Other than it's brushed and your other half can lob it out the window?

Almost double the thought put into it just to stop the git from rattling like a moped.

Steel, thanks.
Um, you can install a watercooled rig and still lift it?

I have an Alu case, and it doesn't rattle.

Old 15th Jan 2013, 16:38   #44
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I do prefer Alu, its easier to work with when modding for a start, and yes, easier to lift.

Im just bored of the TJ-07 now is all, its been done to death (as has the 800D to a point), and I'd just like to see something new in a different case.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 17:28   #45
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
But what WILL it cost? I'm expecting at least 250.
Not really interested in the cost of the case to be honest because the build I have in mind for the case will cost a small fortune.

I know some of the stuff I want to put in it as of yet is not released and has not been reviewed, so that hardware may change by the time I have the money saved for the full rebuild.
damien c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 21:23   #46
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I tired long ago of the TJ7 build bonanza, regardless of how well they were done.

The 900D should certainly cater for enthusiast builders, who are not necessarily modders.
It looks absolutely stunning. I'm staring at my 800D now thinking... "hmmmm, do I replace?"
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 23:40   #47
padrejones2001
Puppy Love

padrejones2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.padrejones2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.padrejones2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.padrejones2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.padrejones2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.padrejones2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.padrejones2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.padrejones2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.padrejones2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.padrejones2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.padrejones2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I'm looking at my cramped Lian Li mid-tower at the moment and I think its days are numbered. What an incredible feature set.
Old 16th Jan 2013, 09:16   #48
MjFrosty
Hypermodder

MjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadie View Post
Um, you can install a watercooled rig and still lift it?

I have an Alu case, and it doesn't rattle.
Weed. lol
Old 16th Jan 2013, 09:19   #49
Spreadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjFrosty View Post
Weed. lol
No, I didn't. It must have been a water leak.

Old 16th Jan 2013, 10:20   #50
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ZiiP] NaloaC View Post
I tired long ago of the TJ7 build bonanza, regardless of how well they were done.
This x100.

I miss the Lian Li bonanza's of past..
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2013, 23:59   #51
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I remember a lot of people complaining/griping about the 800D when it first came out about the weight of it.

"Eh, that's crazy being made out of steel, you'll never want to move it!"

"I'd never take that to a lan!"

Seriously? Why the hell would you buy a case like the 800D, or the 900D, if you (for whatever bloody reason) move your case around a lot? I've moved this case 4 times in the last 3 years, weighs about 25Kg and it's not an issue.
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2013, 01:00   #52
dead beat
Rippin six 4 life

dead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitdead beat is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ZiiP] NaloaC View Post
I remember a lot of people complaining/griping about the 800D when it first came out about the weight of it.

"Eh, that's crazy being made out of steel, you'll never want to move it!"

"I'd never take that to a lan!"

Seriously? Why the hell would you buy a case like the 800D, or the 900D, if you (for whatever bloody reason) move your case around a lot? I've moved this case 4 times in the last 3 years, weighs about 25Kg and it's not an issue.

Completely agree.

When my 800D was finished, I pretty much never moved it. Even when I did, yes it had some weight to it but it was still perfectly manageable.

I would expect people going to regular lans to buy micro atx boards and tiny cases. It's absolutely not what the 800/900D are for.
ASUS ROG Maximus V Extreme Z77 | Intel i7 2600K @ 5.1Ghz | 4x Radeon R9 290s Quadfire | 8GB Corsair Dominator GT RAM @ 1866Mhz | Corsair AX1200 PSU | Crucial M4 256GB SSD | 2 x Samsung Spinpoint F3 HDD's | Dimastech Easy bench Dual V2.5 | Dell 3007 WFP-HC 30" monitor | Custom dual radiator waterloop
Photography gear: Nikon D800 | Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8 | Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8 VRII | Nikkor 35mm F2/D | Nikkor 50mm 1.8D | Nikkor 85mm 1.8G | Nikon TC-14E II | SB-700 Speedlight
dead beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2013, 08:02   #53
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead beat View Post
Completely agree.

When my 800D was finished, I pretty much never moved it. Even when I did, yes it had some weight to it but it was still perfectly manageable.

I would expect people going to regular lans to buy micro atx boards and tiny cases. It's absolutely not what the 800/900D are for.
Same here when I did build my old pc in a 800D, I barely moved it except for going to lans.

With the 900D I won't be moving it and I may not take it to a lan depends on if I decide to build a lan rig or not.
Old 17th Jan 2013, 09:30   #54
SlowMotionSuicide
Come Hell or High Water

SlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for president
This thread needs more

(I did take away the case feet and put a set of 40mm furniture wheels instead to my own case. Moves around pretty easily now)

Seriously though, the 900D seems to fix most of my (few) complaints of the original 800D, them being that you can only mount a 360-radiator to the top out of the box (I don't like the idea of taking power tools to 300 EUR case, mind you), even when the roof have plenty of space to accommodate an 480 one, and bottom compartment wastes awful lot of space because they didn't copy the way to mount the power supply from TJ07 straight away.

HTPC: i3-3225 | H77-Pro4-M | 4Gb Ripjaws | GTX 660 |120 Gb Samsung 840 | Corsair CX400W | Silverstone GD-04
SlowMotionSuicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2013, 14:39   #55
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

TTL's review will be going up on the 16th which is when the NDA is lifted.

Cannot wait to see the review of it, as it's going to be the case I use for my build in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJu93VvDsr0
Old 9th Apr 2013, 18:50   #56
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.
Still wishing they kept making the ATCS840.
Old 9th Apr 2013, 19:21   #57
AverageNinja
Almost an EpicNinja

AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.
A teaser of 3 minutes... I'm going to need a load of crisps for the actual review :/
AverageNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2013, 14:19   #58
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

Reviews can go live after 4pm today.

I will be walking through the front door and turning my pc on straight away to watch the TTL review which apparently is well over 1 hour long.
Old 16th Apr 2013, 14:53   #59
Parge
Bit-Sec

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien c View Post
Reviews can go live after 4pm today.

I will be walking through the front door and turning my pc on straight away to watch the TTL review which apparently is well over 1 hour long.
That guy does good reviews, but I cannot stand him as a person.

Aside from that, I'm massively looking forward to reading the reviews. If Bit Tech have one, and its not massively watercooling focused then they have really missed a trick.
Old 16th Apr 2013, 15:14   #60
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
That guy does good reviews, but I cannot stand him as a person.

Aside from that, I'm massively looking forward to reading the reviews. If Bit Tech have one, and its not massively watercooling focused then they have really missed a trick.
Apparently they have got it focussed at both air and water cooling due to the amount of rad places and also the amount of fan placements.