bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 16th Jan 2013, 14:31   #1
Kronos
As simple as that,well I never

Kronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I think I have uninvited guests

I believe I have a family of borrowers living somewhere in or under or about my flat as things inexplicably disappear for ever.

Recently I bought a new set of PC speakers as the sub woofer on my set had barked it's last. New set arrived and duly installed but I thought I will keep the two speakers from the old set and just toss the woofer.

A few days later I decided why not use the speakers with my TV? But I cannot as they have vanished. I have looked everywhere,which is not very difficult as I have a small flat and I am limited to one room to keep all my essential bit and pieces,or junk as the better half would have it.What does she know?

Much as she gets annoyed with me keeping numerous parts on the of chance I will use them in the future she would never toss anything away. But gone they have,I have even checked the wheelie bin as that has not been emptied since I tossed the woofer.

This is not the first time that things have inexplicitly disappeared. Some years ago I bought yellow plastic coated round IDE cables, showing my style once more I know. Yes I was drunk when my neighbour handed me the parcel that evening but in the morning all that remained was the cardboard packaging and I never set eyes on the cables again.

Other items have also vanished including recently 2 AA Duracell batteries (rechargeable).

So if I have borrowers,how do I get rid of them?
Old 16th Jan 2013, 14:50   #2
Shirty
V BURN MY EYES V

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I came in here expecting pubic lice KRONOS.

I was disappointed

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRONOS View Post
toss the woofer.
I'm fairly sure that's prohibited under section 69 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003

Quote:
So if I have borrowers,how do I get rid of them?
Divorce? Trial separation? Troll your wife/partner back?
Old 16th Jan 2013, 15:11   #3
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty View Post

I was disappointed

Also:

I'm fairly sure that's prohibited under section 69 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003

Divorce? Trial separation? Troll your wife/partner back?
Yep it's also in the Cruelty to Animals Act as well

Webcam? Set one up and keep it on the loop and maybe the next time something goes "missing" you could potential catch the culprit.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2013, 15:17   #4
Kronos

Kronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Where would I put the webcam? I would need them all over the flat and I am sure that will go down well with Mrs KRONOS who already thinks I have odd tastes.But we won't go there.lol.
Old 16th Jan 2013, 15:29   #5
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
Quote:
Where would I put the webcam? I would need them all over the flat and I am sure that will go down well with Mrs KRONOS who already thinks I have odd tastes.But we won't go there.lol.
Just dont put one in the bedroom, and she should'nt freak out....
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2013, 15:54   #6
fuus
Rocking All Year Christmas

fuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
put one covering the front door?!
Old 20th Jan 2013, 19:39   #7
Kronos

Speakers still missing.LOL.
Old 20th Jan 2013, 20:28   #8
Puk
(A shrewd and knavish sprite)

Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.
I dont' know why, tears in my eyes from toss the woofer lol

www.pukit.com
Puk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2013, 23:59   #9
loftie
I *am* a Dremel

loftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who thought that!

Maybe change the locks
Old 21st Jan 2013, 00:04   #10
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Maybe it's Mr. Alzheimer's or Mr. Second Personality ?
Old 21st Jan 2013, 00:27   #11
sp4nky
BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
This story reminds me of a video I saw a while back...

Ah yes, found it:
Old 21st Jan 2013, 00:43   #12
Evolutionsic
Gives credit where its due

Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.
Reminds me of this...

A homeless woman has been arrested after living undetected for almost a year in a tiny cupboard in a man's house in Japan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...of-closet.html
Old 21st Jan 2013, 01:36   #13
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
If you've looked everywhere, I'd pop to hospital fairly quickly and get an x-ray.
Old 26th Jan 2013, 04:26   #14
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Toilet. You'd be amazed at what can be flushed.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2013, 15:56   #15
Elledan
Hypermodder

Elledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run Crysis
Gremlins?
"Psychology is just meta-hacking an OS that was randomly bashed out by a million monkeys on typewriters over a few billion years and runs on constantly changing, badly shielded hardware with a lot of legacy design issues. I think." - Nexxo
www.mayaposch.com - my site and blog.
www.nyanko.ws - my company's site.
Elledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2013, 11:32   #16
Kronos

I am afraid thing are far more serious than I first suspected.

I have found the speakers,purely by chance,but in a place that should have been one of my first ports of call. I have a large red plastic tub which I keep spare cables all tidily divided into plastic bags according to their use. The place where I would have been putting away audio cables from the speakers.

So this is either a major senior moment or I have completely lost it.

Last edited by Kronos; 28th Jan 2013 at 14:52.
Kronos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2013, 11:50   #17
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
So this is either a major senior moment or I I have completely lost it.
So i was right :
Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin View Post
Maybe it's Mr. Alzheimer's or Mr. Second Personality ?
Or maybe you should limit the consumption of something .
Old 28th Jan 2013, 12:00   #18
sniperdude
Supermodder

sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.
RATS WITH TV's
Old 28th Jan 2013, 12:02   #19
Kronos

Quote:
Or maybe you should limit the consumption of something
Unfortunately I am virtually teetotal, not through choice,far from it, but I have almost lost all sense of taste and you do not know how foul beer tastes now. I miss the days of blaming everything on an alcoholic haze.lol.
Old 28th Jan 2013, 13:34   #20
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
I am afraid thing are far more serious than I first suspected.

I have found the speakers,purely by chance,but in a place that should have been one of my first ports of call. I have a large rep plastic tub which I keep spare cables all tidily divided into plastic bags according to their use. The place where I would have been putting away audio cables from the speakers.

So this is either a major senior moment or I I have completely lost it.
Or both.

View Mode