bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 25th Oct 2012, 09:25   #1201
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

B NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Thanks, everyone.

@B-neg - If I could afford to cast or weld, I'd be in other stuff. Plexi shavings are easier to get out of the carpet.

Edit: Oshit, 1200 posts?
B NEGATIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2012, 23:36   #1202
barry99705
sudo rm -Rf /

barry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
@Waynio - You should be able to see little yellow feet under the monkey head...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e3TYKOVCM0

Last edited by barry99705; 25th Oct 2012 at 23:37. Reason: stupid forum software...
barry99705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Oct 2012, 14:05   #1203
Paslis
Supermodder

Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Nice job again cheapskate and a nice monkey you got there.
Project Ignotus
Paslis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2012, 16:27   #1204
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
90% new monkey love. 10% build love. Thanks, though. I gotta step up my game.
@Barry - monkey has no body, soooo... no tailpipe.

I chopped up the PSU a while back and it still works. -No fire!
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2013, 00:20   #1205
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
...And still no fire.

-When we last left our hero, he was fighting Ming's atomic robots- Wait...
No, I was mounting a shroud on the side of the recently RMA'd power supply. Here I've removed the label so I'd have a nice indented spot for... wait for it... velcro. A great way to remove tape residue is with some naphtha on toilet paper - if you don't smoke.

-POW! Real quick, and the paint is intact.

-Currently, I'm making little holes so I can sneak wires into the motherboard cover.

-Before I can cover the motherboard, I need to make a little room for one... Time to tame the octopus.

-Some idiot didn't rotate his pictures. Here I've cut unwanted wires, and have marked the wires I want with what I want them for.

-First, I sure didn't need a foot of cable for each drive. A little black paint takes care of any exposed red or yellow.

-Now to cannibalize the low speed cables that came with the Noctua fans. To get those pesky male pins out, jam a paperclip in the hook side of the connector well. Don't so this with a live connector, of course, you have to lick those first.

I had a Maalox moment for a bit when I noticed the PCI connectors were wire coded like there were 2 rails. Two cords had silver/yellow, two were normal. It hasn't burst into flames yet, so I guess all is well.

I used the extra PCI wires to save space. I didn't need any 5 volt wires, after all.

-I saved a few of the tach wires. -No real speed control, though.. just a, "why, yes. You do have a fan."

-Looks fine to me. This was, what... a week after RMA? That'll bite me in the ass later. The PSU in Bloo tanked already too.

-Ooh Yeah, a slim,sexy, two-wire molex connector for the pump. Guess where that came from.

While buying shrink wrap, I made an impulse buy to check out something Brother Mach taught us...

Yep. 1/4" lamp fittings ARE compatible with G1/4 fittings. If you can get them in solid brass it means that everything you need to make a badass metal reservoir can be found at the hardware store.

I'd like to thank my sponsors here for all their support.
RIP

Old 16th Jan 2013, 00:20   #1206
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

bt sever tanks, Cheaps makes triple repost update

Last edited by Cheapskate; 16th Jan 2013 at 00:57.
Old 16th Jan 2013, 00:56   #1207
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

BT go down

..and what is a "crackskate?"

Last edited by Cheapskate; 16th Jan 2013 at 01:18.
Old 16th Jan 2013, 08:54   #1208
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Aha, it's your fault for BT go down. BT server can't hadle so much awesome from this log.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2013, 12:12   #1209
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.

Cheeps updates..
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2013, 12:33   #1210
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post

Cheeps updates..
You took the words right out of my... OMG ARE THOSE GOOSEBUMPS!!!
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2013, 19:25   #1211
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Thanks.
@Mankz - Is that joy, or shock?
Old 20th Jan 2013, 17:47   #1212
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
3,5 years now. While others might being losing interest at this point, I'm sticking around for the full ride. MOTY 2016?

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2013, 20:04   #1213
morgansk
I've got wood

morgansk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Tried them, no good combined with safety glasses & leaning over a work piece for long times, steam up & can't see, could just be cheapo face masks or glasses though & guess it must be if no one else has this problem.
Waynio,

I always had the same problem, however I bought a decent face mask from Screwfix and it's comfortable enough to wear for hours. You do get some condensation inside the mask which you can either tap out, or let it drip onto your work which it occasionally does! It's made from soft rubber/silicon stuff so is a lot better than the poor quality masks. Also, as it is a good fit on the face you don't typically get condensation on your glasses.
morgansk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2013, 21:10   #1214
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

B NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Fogging goggles? Wipe them down with vinegar,works a treat with my bike helmet visor.
B NEGATIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2013, 19:03   #1215
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Thanks, Nutman, but stop counting!!! -2016 may be doable. I've made great progress with the sanding.

If your goggles fog you should just stop breathing. I can't use the classic soft plastic goggles either. They were apparently made by someone with a tiny nose. A proper respirator will stop the fogging issue. Those stupid paper dust masks show just how useless they are when they fog your glasses. If air leaves the mask around the edges, guess how it gets in.[/rant]
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 21:07   #1216
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
Ima stick around till the end. Frankly, I need a lonf term source of reliable, awesome, acrylic awesomesauce updates

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2013, 03:16   #1217
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Time For your yearly update.

-Gah! Stupid birds! I just washed that!
It looked like this for most of the year while I've been wetsanding. The sneezing blood is over for a while.

-Much better. Let's see you hose a steel case off in the shower.

-There was a month of hand and machine buffing. Essentially I got very touchy-feely with the case, only with Novus polish on felt, and without the police questioning afterward.
-This is the setup I used for a lot of the external surfaces. I had a problem at first. I couldn't get the wheel spinning fast enough to heat the polishing wax without it also exploding in a angry lint shower. The hair dryer that only comes out when guests visit got some use heating the wax.
BTW, that's the only pic of the polishing process... I can find.

-Oh, I finally got these muthers glued. -An afterthought pick for an afterthought job.

-With 99% of the frame polished, it was time to decide what to do with the motherboard tray. I decided to remove a little of the extra material.

-I marked the cuts well in case it took me a year to come back to it.

-I resorted to drawer-vice one last time. Don't mock the condition of my cabinets. You see how I treat them...

-I filed a bevel on the open edges, and sanded them round and smooth.

-I needed something to make the top seam nice and snug, so once again I whipped out my big nuts and slapped them on top of the bulkhead.
I never get tired of that joke.

-At this point I decided to put all the loose bits together and see if there were any problems.

-I mean, besides the fact that I haven't finished polishing, cleaning, dusting...

-MMMM! Water spots!

-That rough polishing pass on the side panel is pretty funky too.

-Yep. It's still missing a radiator and some fans here. I was kind of USING them.
I'm going to have a lot of fun with the 4 fans blowing out, one fan blowing in -thing.

-I'm glad I went with the squiggly vent pattern now. The reflections play with your perception 'n stuff.

-Tryin' to get some of the natural color here. I'm already getting autofocus stealth issues with the case. There's lots of flash glare too.

Something's still missing... Oh, right the reservoir. Bill was sent the core to get it cut. There's some genuine fear about putting it in a 10,000 RPM CNC lathe. Bill has already dubbed it, "the exploder rod."
-And yeah, I've already went though all the jokes you can think about there.
On my side, I have a million tiny spacers to get polished for the res fins.

Thanks for tuning in to "SplÖderrÖd" and thanks to our sponsors:
RIP

Last edited by Cheapskate; 18th Apr 2013 at 03:56.
Old 18th Apr 2013, 07:23   #1218
Maki role
Dale you're on a roll...

Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking really good Cheaps, seems all the elbow grease was worth it, those acrylic edges look fantastic! Great to see an update on this, love the design.
Maki role is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2013, 09:25   #1219
Phame
Hukkel's sex slave

Phame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
This is so SCHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET dude.. (Took me ages to go through the log though! xD
Makes me want to make a tall case! I need to do a scratch build like thisss!
Phame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2013, 09:57   #1220
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Update!

Is this mean that you will finish this case soon?
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blame it on cheaps, cheap's fault, cheapskate, crackskate, master of acrylic, plexiglas

View Mode