bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 13th Jan 2013, 23:05   #41
Moddingboy
Multimodder

Moddingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Your comments are very appreciated thank you guys

Recently I've had another great sponsor and this week their support package has arrived.

Big thanks to Lamptron!
Beneathy some important little accesories I've got a stylish and clean fancontroller.
There are no potmeters because it is have touch sensitive frontpanel.
So I could install it without any problems to my case - it have front door - the CM Silencio 550.

Old 15th Jan 2013, 00:33   #42
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Nice!

Projects: Nutman - Hampen - F.O.B. T.C. - BabyShark - The Scratchbench
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2013, 00:22   #43
Moddingboy
Multimodder

Moddingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
-WORKFLOW-

Day 17: 2013.01.16. / Task: Work on the front
There is a plastic part in the front door dedicated to hold the hinges and the screws.
As I do on the other parts on the door I do the same with this plastic part. Vent hole cutted then I replaced the original sponge - removed it, cut-to-shape, then went back. Perfect fit.
I used 3mm thick well-airflow "spongy filter" to fit to the grille section. Adhesive tape will hold this to its position.

I moved the factory default control panel of the Silencio 550. It was originnaly on the top of the front but I removed them then replace the original zone (over the 5.25" slots) with the switches supported by Lamptron.
I try to make a cleaner exterior with this 'little' modification.
(sadly the camera batteries were exhausted so I owe you some photos - Update soon.)

+1

Last edited by Moddingboy; 17th Jan 2013 at 17:10.
Moddingboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2013, 18:30   #44
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Love this progress. Look at that perfectly cut foam? Loovely!

One suggestion though: How about finding another way to secure the foam, so you will be able to remove it later for washing it? I assume it acts like a dust filter - that's why I ask...

Projects: Nutman - Hampen - F.O.B. T.C. - BabyShark - The Scratchbench
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 23:09   #45
Moddingboy
Multimodder

Thanks Nutman!

It can be cleared well with compressed air but if washing needed you just click out the inner frame then remove the dustfilter.

- - - - - - - - - -

There are few tiny things to do (update soon) but if everything will be okay I do the paintjob next week. I can't wait!
Old 28th Jan 2013, 05:41   #46
Luciel
Lamptron Europe

Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
It´s looking great Moddingboy, glad the Lamptron products arrived more or less ok (that fctouch box looks a bit banged about, but the contents look ok, was worried there for a second!)

Last edited by Luciel; 28th Jan 2013 at 06:11.
Luciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2013, 10:12   #47
Moddingboy
Multimodder

Luciel - Thanks Magically JUST the box has damaged but the contents wasn't.
Probably the Beast inside tried to unbox itself
Old 31st Jan 2013, 10:14   #48
Moddingboy
Multimodder

Day 18: 2013.01.26. / Task: "cover plate" for the fan
The work on the interior is almost done but something is wrong.
Under the ODD where the 2 fans are - there is something not okay.
I decided to do these area a little more clean and I think it was success.

Day 19: 2013.01.27. / Task: Framing on the side panel
I do a try-assembly in the week but I was curious about the distance between the CPU cooler's top and the sidpanel.
Whoops.
Its about 4mm so if I install the plexiglass to the sidepanel it will be bot okay. So the plexiglass will be mounted on the outside like tha frame too.
I modified the edge of the plexiglass to match the framing.
And assembly!
The distance is nice and the CPU cooler isn't hit the plexiglass now.

Old 31st Jan 2013, 14:59   #49
dreps
Multimodder

dreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
oooh love the window nice work on the edge
dreps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2013, 15:16   #50
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
That front panel fan mount looks pretty damn slick
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2013, 22:52   #51
jeckulz
Supermodder

jeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Looking a little more involved than you last Ken inspired creation.
Subbed.
jeckulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2013, 00:37   #52
Moddingboy
Multimodder

Very thanks guys!

jeckulz - I'm glad you think that. I try to get above the previous project and I hope I can do it.
Old 4th Feb 2013, 00:46   #53
Moddingboy
Multimodder

Day 20: 2013.01.31. / Task: Painting
And at last the best stage of the work - the paintjob. This is matters. It gives the whole theme to the case.
Before the case I thought I'll do the little parts as a begin. I have the time to apply 2-3 base layers to the pieces.
The ODD coverplate has got the matteblack and the graphic will be applied tomorrow.

Day 21: 2013.02.01. / Task: ODD coverplate painting
I shot photos of all the steps so they could show you the entire process. If you have questions I'll answer it.

Day 22: 2013.02.02. / Task: SSD mounting frame painting
Today I did the SSD framings paintjob. The backplate has got a cool Hoonigan text to it.

Old 4th Feb 2013, 12:46   #54
Zsolt Guriga
Multimodder

Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Woooow man this is really perfect,I love the way you work,good job
Zsolt Guriga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2013, 12:59   #55
k.3nny
Hypermodder

k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
looking good !
k.3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2013, 13:00   #56
Azariel
Multimodder

Azariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for president
Looks great!

Is that a sticker that you apply or do you glue it on yourself? Also, at what point do you peel the sticker of again as you seem to get very nice and clear edges!
Azariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2013, 14:29   #57
Moddingboy
Multimodder

Thanks guys!

Azariel - The design has been drawn in with vectorgraphic program then with Norbert's (aka enormous) help it was cutted with a vinyl cutter from a dedicated masking vinyl.
This is a good vinyl for painting because it has a weaker adhesive surface.
The solvent of the paint what is sprayed to its top don't have effect on the adhesive 'glue'. No sticky parts remains after peel off.
Old 4th Feb 2013, 14:42   #58
nagyizom
Supermodder

nagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Grerat work as usual!

Previous mods: |Sandcrawler Mod| |Illuminated Mind| |Graphite5|

Follow me on Facebook
nagyizom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2013, 17:05   #59
Luciel
Lamptron Europe

Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Looking brilliant : )
Luciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 21:08   #60
Moddingboy
Multimodder

nagyizom - Thank you my friend!

Luciel - I'm very glad you like it!

Tags
gymkhana mod ii, silencio 550

View Mode