bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 19th Jan 2013, 19:18   #61
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

AciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run Crysis
Had a really cheap idea. Got some screws and cut off most of it and glued it into the holes in the front. Unbelievable how such a small, cheap thing can make that much of a difference
AciD_RaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2013, 04:06   #62
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Wait.... what?

The front panel wasn't secured with bolts in the first place?

Projects: Nutman - Hampen - F.O.B. T.C. - BabyShark - The Scratchbench
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2013, 04:32   #63
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

AciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Wait.... what?

The front panel wasn't secured with bolts in the first place?
The front panel is screwed to the case but the acrylic and fan grill are just stuck on top of the front panel with double sided tape. I made some mistakes in the thinking ahead process so I just had to do it this way...

The front radiator wouldn't have fitted in line with the grill anyway...
Old 20th Jan 2013, 04:36   #64
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Oh, ok. Well, I guess you learn as you live.

Old 20th Jan 2013, 13:29   #65
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

Quote:
Oh, ok. Well, I guess you learn as you live.
That's what I love about making mistakes... You learn
Old 9th Feb 2013, 21:46   #66
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

Finally getting the motherboard on Monday so I decided to install the LEDs and do as much cable management as possible before the mobo installation. All that is left then is the CPU and liquid
Old 9th Feb 2013, 21:58   #67
tekonivel
Multimodder

tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Nice and clean. keep up the good work!
tekonivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Feb 2013, 22:15   #68
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekonivel View Post
Nice and clean. keep up the good work!
Thanks mate I have already started a new mod but I just need the funds to start properly. I will be selling this one to finance the next one
Old 10th Feb 2013, 18:10   #69
Lehani
Multimodder

Lehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
so are you droppin' this mod ? or will you finish it ?
Old 10th Feb 2013, 19:07   #70
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehani View Post
so are you droppin' this mod ? or will you finish it ?
I will finish it as soon as I can afford a descent CPU for it
Then I will sell it if I can...
Old 12th Feb 2013, 00:21   #71
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

I received the motherboard today so I did some more work

Let the fun begin BTW cable management is not my strong side...

Old 12th Feb 2013, 00:50   #72
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Very nice. Gonna use the same mobo for the wifey's upcoming build. Is it any good so far?

Old 12th Feb 2013, 00:53   #73
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

Quote:
Very nice. Gonna use the same mobo for the wifey's upcoming build. Is it any good so far?
It looks awesome but I don't have a CPU yet so I don't know if it's any good :P
Old 13th Feb 2013, 20:19   #74
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking sweet.
-One thing:You could lash the gpu power cords to the side of the front fans. It would hide the ugly side of the fans, and straighten your cables in one fell swoop.
-Ignore me if that was the plan all along.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2013, 22:57   #75
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Looking sweet.
-One thing:You could lash the gpu power cords to the side of the front fans. It would hide the ugly side of the fans, and straighten your cables in one fell swoop.
-Ignore me if that was the plan all along.
Thanks mate I had been thinking about it actually but I probably wouldn't have done it unless someone had pointed it out
Old 15th Feb 2013, 08:25   #76
jeckulz
Supermodder

jeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Great work mate.
Nice touch with the old di noc there
jeckulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2013, 08:54   #77
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Can't you route the cables from the videocard up to the roof and then to the front/back?That would give it a much cleaner look.

Like this:
Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2013, 10:28   #78
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelobee View Post
Can't you route the cables from the videocard up to the roof and then to the front/back?That would give it a much cleaner look.

Like this:
I am pretty sure that was what Cheapskate meant so yes that is the plan
Old 15th Feb 2013, 17:11   #79
AverageNinja
Almost an EpicNinja

AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking really nice! I love the bitfenix prodigy!
AverageNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2013, 18:08   #80
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post
Looking really nice! I love the bitfenix prodigy!
Thanks mate I love it too but if I am ever gonna do a build that small I am probably not gonna spend that much on it like I did with this one :P

View Mode