bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Partner Forums > Scan Computers

Old 15th Jan 2013, 18:43   #1
Kroy
Multimodder

Kroy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bought a new gfx card, you sent RMA'd item. What's the guarantee status?

Hi,

I purchased a new Gigabyte 7970 OC from SCAN at the weekend. Took delivery today, but the item was not new. There was an RMA sticker on the box, the item had been opened and clearly used. I've been offered limited compensation (10) if I take the RMA'd item. My concern is, if I do (and general consensus appears to be that I just return it), will I still have full guarantees as I would with a new item?
Kroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 20:16   #2
glendronach
Supermodder

glendronach is a Super Spamming Saiyanglendronach is a Super Spamming Saiyanglendronach is a Super Spamming Saiyanglendronach is a Super Spamming Saiyanglendronach is a Super Spamming Saiyanglendronach is a Super Spamming Saiyanglendronach is a Super Spamming Saiyanglendronach is a Super Spamming Saiyanglendronach is a Super Spamming Saiyanglendronach is a Super Spamming Saiyanglendronach is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I wouldn't risk the hassle for a paltry 10 discount on a 300 card.
What if the original RMA was for an intermittent fault, one that shows up now and again under a particular set of circumstances, etc, etc.
Request a full refund (cost + shipping) and ask Scan to arrange a collection or pre-paid return postage slip and re-order when new cards are back in stock.
glendronach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 20:45   #3
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
£10! Thats hardly anything for a refurb card. Id want at least £30, but honestly Id rather have the new card, much less hassle in the future.
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 21:29   #4
sp4nky
BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Whatever Scan offer, if it's short of a full refund, I would not accept it. They've sent 2nd hand goods whereas you've paid for new.
Old 16th Jan 2013, 20:44   #5
Kroy
Multimodder

They are unwilling to offer a full guarantee on the item, so I'm returning it. Well played Scan. I'll not be ordering from you in the foreseeable future if this is how you deal with your "mistakes".
Old 20th Jan 2013, 23:26   #6
modd1uk
I *am* a Dremel

modd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Unable to offer a full guarantee ? But you bought a " new " product ?
^+1
Energy saving light bulb agrees with the incandescent bulb.
modd1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2013, 00:24   #7
CrazyJoe
Ultramodder

CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
So you order a new card but they send a refurb, offer you a tenner and tell you you won't get a full guarantee?

They are literally crazy. I'm glad you sent it back, I wonder how many people they try that with and get away with it.
CrazyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2013, 10:33   #8
ChrisP
Retail Sales Manager

ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Kroy

Apologies for this error, I can assure you this is not intentional, what's happened is the card has been mistakenly re-stocked rather than being allocated to B Grade stock.

A collection at our cost and full refund including carriage charges will of course be available for products sent, which have been through RMA.

The credit is based on the margin of the product and 1 of the options available.

If you can confirm your Invoice number so we can arrange this for you,

If there is an alternative card we have in stock we can confirm it is Grade A and offer a discount with free delivery.

Best Regards
Old 24th Jan 2013, 19:03   #9
Kroy
Multimodder

The returned item has been received by SCAN, and I'm just waiting on my refund for now, which I trust has been issued, even if it's not showing up at my end yet.
Old 29th Jan 2013, 10:23   #10
Kroy
Multimodder

Still waiting on the refund. Contacted customer support. Will wait and see.
Old 29th Jan 2013, 10:37   #11
haggisathome
Supermodder

haggisathome has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhaggisathome has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhaggisathome has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhaggisathome has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
thats shocking , why are they dragging there heels ?
haggisathome is offline   Reply With Quote