bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Feedback & Suggestions

Old 19th Jan 2013, 09:02   #1
cool_dude
Officially a decade on BitTech!

cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
@ and 'Like' Feature

Hey

Seen this on a few forums and think it'd be good - if it can be added.

@Feature so you can quote someones name i.e; @cool_dude and it will give the person a notification that they've been mentioned. It also does this when a person is quoted.

Like feature, well you like a post, if you... like the post.

Think it'd add a bit more to the forum, a bit more interactivity.
Old 19th Jan 2013, 09:24   #2
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
Would be interesting to have the vote system but only if you could down vote posts as well!
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2013, 18:53   #3
stuartwood89
Please... Just call me Stu.

stuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
That will depend on whether vBulletin will allow that kind of added functionality.

For the mention system, there is a mod here, though it only appears to be for vBulletin 4 (Bit-Tech uses version 3), but there are probably other mods.

As for a voting feature, this one would work.

It's whether forum staff want to be fiddling around with stuff like this or not. The forum just works at the moment, so I'll guess they'll be hesitant to start adding things.

Project - Storm Scout Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
I thought Dragonforce were like a joke/troll rock band? Ya'know, like Nickelback?
stuartwood89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2013, 00:03   #4
cool_dude

cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cool_dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
There is a forum that uses vB 4.2.0 which has that functionality.

I see what you are saying, if it aint broke dont fix it etc... but thought it'd be a good spin on the forum and to move with the times.

Makes threads a lot more active, as one person can reply and effectivley notify someone else to offer advice by simply typing their name - the user then gets a notification (similiar to a PM) to let them know of the mention.
Old 20th Jan 2013, 03:15   #5
AmEv
Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.
My tablet's unofficial forums are using 4.1.4... And have the @/like function....
Old 20th Jan 2013, 16:40   #6
stuartwood89
Please... Just call me Stu.

stuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I think even something as simple as a pop up when you have a PM is useful. There have been so many times where I had a PM, but hadn't even realised it.

Project - Storm Scout Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
I thought Dragonforce were like a joke/troll rock band? Ya'know, like Nickelback?
stuartwood89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2013, 17:13   #7
AmEv

AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.AmEv is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartwood89 View Post
I think even something as simple as a pop up when you have a PM is useful. There have been so many times where I had a PM, but hadn't even realised it.
Yes, and I know that can be done in vB3.
Old 20th Jan 2013, 17:21   #8
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartwood89 View Post
You can set that up in the user CP...

Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2013, 18:08   #9
AmEv

Thanks Mankz!

+reppage to you.
Old 20th Jan 2013, 18:56   #10
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I wouldn't recommend using of individual rating system.

I am member of one forum that has "I agree" (Thumb Up) and "I disagree" (Thumb Down) function. For few years we were able to see the list of persons who gave us TU or TD,but recently they removed that list - that forum became slaughterhouse. The same thing with trolling that we have here with star rating.
People don't know what post is good, what price of item is good (yes,they have that in sales section) and jealous people are placing TD's on hardware pictures.

Really,not good idea.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2013, 19:19   #11
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Teelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
I wouldn't recommend using of individual rating system.

I am member of one forum that has "I agree" (Thumb Up) and "I disagree" (Thumb Down) function. For few years we were able to see the list of persons who gave us TU or TD,but recently they removed that list - that forum became slaughterhouse. The same thing with trolling that we have here with star rating.
People don't know what post is good, what price of item is good (yes,they have that in sales section) and jealous people are placing TD's on hardware pictures.

Really,not good idea.
This ^^^^

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI 2 x Dell U27" @ 2560 x 1440, 4 bags of weed
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2013, 21:35   #12
cool_dude

Yeh I can see that, but what about only a like feature then?

No negativity.

Ah well, was just a forum idea to improve it a tad.
Old 20th Jan 2013, 22:09   #13
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
That would just be boring, like Facebook.
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2013, 22:54   #14
cool_dude

I hate facebook, so I'm not trying to get bit tech like facebook.

I'm on another forum which uses it, and the interactivty is quite good.

NM anyway, looks like BT isn't a fan of any interactivity.
Old 20th Jan 2013, 23:45   #15
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Belive me,BT has great interactivity-it has it's comunity.

Those post-grading sistem is for you pride only. It means nothing if it not used corectly.
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 09:59   #16
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Not happening, sorry. We've had enough controversy with the rep system and the thread rating system to add another opportunity for conflict and discord to the mix.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 10:10   #17
sniperdude
Supermodder

sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.
surprised a thanks button isn't here
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 11:35   #18
Pranja
Blackwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperdude View Post
surprised a thanks button isn't here
There is add to reputation button-why would you want Thanks button?
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 11:47   #19
sniperdude
Supermodder

sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.
because almost all forums have it.
Its easier than giving rep and not private like rep

hell I don't even know who my rep is from most of the time LOL
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 16:24   #20
supermonkey
Deal with it

supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperdude View Post
hell I don't even know who my rep is from most of the time LOL
Does it matter?
But of bliss and of glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song.
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion
supermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote