bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 21st Jan 2013, 08:04   #21
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
Well, I checked with German contacts, and they said theirs includes... I am so far away from the 'Ring, My insurance would give me blank stares if I asked them about it.

So best advice: Call you insurance and find out.
also make sure about any potential non-car costs IF something happens (as was elaborated above, a quick little shunt can cost thousands relatively quickly).

Also remember that there's a per-lap cost, IIRC.
Old 21st Jan 2013, 10:11   #22
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Yep, €26 per lap now, bloody extortionate!
Old 21st Jan 2013, 11:06   #23
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
OUCH! that is quite steep.

here's n isea:
Go to Italy. Maranello is even better.

Book a spin in one of those Ferraris there. 80 Euro for 10 minutes.

Then crash it.
Your insurance excess is 10K Euro, but it's still the cheapest Ferrari crash ever. And how many of your friends can say they drove a Ferrari? Nevermind crashed one... :P
/not serious.
Old 21st Jan 2013, 13:02   #24
dancingbear84
error 404

dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hey guys just thought I'd say thanks for all the input you have given. I really appreciate it. In meeting up with the stag and the other best man tonight at spoons for a chat about our options so i will put forward all of the ideas that you have said and see what they think.

If it does end up that we do go to Germany i don't think i will be taking my car round the ring. I don't know if i will go round at all in all honesty.

It doesn't matter if you make a mistake, it only matters if you don't learn from it
dancingbear84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2013, 13:14   #25
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
The other entertainment for gentelmen you were mentioning.. I've heared good reports of the "Pascha" in Cologne.
It's in betrween the ring and Düsseldorf, and the disappearing-dollar rates seem to be less high then elsewhere.
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2013, 13:51   #26
BentAnat
Software Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingbear84 View Post
If it does end up that we do go to Germany i don't think i will be taking my car round the ring. I don't know if i will go round at all in all honesty.
Two words: Ring Taxi... You know you want to go around in an M5 (or similar) with a race river at the wheel... you know you do... the little girl in you is saying "nooo", but the devil says "yeeeeees"
Old 21st Jan 2013, 23:32   #27
dancingbear84
error 404

dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
So change of plan after talking to the stag he has decided that his pockets are not deep enough for a trip to the ring. Which since he was paying for it all is fair enough. New plan therefore is a top gear style banger stag do UK challenge. Buy a few cheap taxed and mot vehicles that the mechanic will look over before we go. Then a jolly round the UK stopping at campsites and hotels en-route with silly assed challenges along the way.
Time to put my thinking hat on for some humorous legal silliness along the way.

It doesn't matter if you make a mistake, it only matters if you don't learn from it
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 06:44   #28
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Ah...the Brits and their stagparties...

Weird how you can always recognise them
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 07:35   #29
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
That's a great idea bear - the number of interesting barges you can pick up for £500 these days beggars belief!
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 10:56   #30
biojellywobbles
Multimodder

biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Sounds like a great idea, probably won't loose much on them either if you sell afterwards (as long as the challenges aren't too similar to Top Gear versions!)
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 11:31   #31
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
got to be bought sight unseen, and not for yourself but someone else. Bit like secret santa.

The results will be beyond funny as you'll all look for the dirtiest broken clapped out box on wheels to stitch your mates up with.

May I suggest also by-passing the heater matrix at this time of year so the cabin is frozen, and if it has a sun roof, remove the glass.
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 12:14   #32
dancingbear84
error 404

Harsh. But kind of funny. The fine details haven't been sorted yet but we were thinking of swapping vehicles every day, although that could change of course as the plan progresses. I once owned a car without a heater. It was not much fun to drive if I'm honest.

Old 23rd Jan 2013, 11:09   #33
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
its a stag do holiday, everyday should be memorable even if its the memory of how you got pneumonia for the first time.

Think about it, if your all in separate cars bombing around for hours it gets kinda boring, so some cheap walkie talkies are a must, plus horrid tricks to play on your mates.
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 11:42   #34
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Walkies/CB's are very much needed.
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 12:35   #35
BentAnat
Software Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout21 View Post
its a stag do holiday, everyday should be memorable even if its the memory of how you got pneumonia for the first time.

Think about it, if your all in separate cars bombing around for hours it gets kinda boring, so some cheap walkie talkies are a must, plus horrid tricks to play on your mates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post

These two are dead on.
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 13:00   #36
Brooxy
Like a boss (but not a boss)

Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
Along with some sort of handsfree system. I've got a feeling that using a walkie will be very similar to a mobile phone as far as the law is concerned.
Brooxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 19:02   #37
dancingbear84
error 404

I'd already thought of the walkie talkie thing, but thanks for the heads up. We are looking at either 3 or 4 per car which allows drivers to swap and someone else to be responsible for comms. We are also considering taking smart phones and GPS devices away from people for the driving part to encourage the use of maps and asking for directions.

Old 6th Mar 2013, 21:19   #38
dancingbear84
error 404

Top Gear Banger style challenge stag do

This is looming and I am struggling, the stag is supposed to be getting the cars, this was the plan from the outset. He still hasn't got them.
Anyway... I need to come up eith the challenges and drinking games that we will be doing.
Day 1 Basic plan is a paintball and a few beers and pizza after
Day 2 Drive to a destination to be determined, avoiding motorways to a campsite for the evening.
Followed by beers and a night camping
Day 3 Drive to the ultimate destination. Check in to hotel and then get to a pub or sports bar for the 6 nations game followed by more drinking all night.
Day 4 recover then drive home at a later point in the afternoon.

So I need to find the challenges and items for a scavenger hunt. They need to be interesting and not too uncomfortable for everyone involved.

Scavenger Hunt
1. A bucket of jelly
2. 1 whole fish (fresh and dead) – from a supermarket or fishmonger bought as early as possible. Receipt required to prove time
3. An item,at least 4ft long

Challenges
1. Photo of the car and occupants as close to a national monument as possible
2. Picture of a person on a roof

Drinking Games
1. No using your right hand to drink
2. Assign everyone a random nickname on day 1. No using real names for the rest of the weekend

Old 6th Mar 2013, 22:46   #39
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Just had an idea,

Get a satnav and delete the english language pack, and blind select a language.
Old 7th May 2013, 16:38   #40
TheStockBroker
King Battletoad

TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Wondering how you progressed on this, as a few friends and I are planning something similar (Top-gear style challenge, non stag related... just for laughs)

View Mode