bit-tech.net

Old 20th Jan 2013, 22:04   #3401
RedFlames
Bringer of Meh

RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccxo View Post
Whats peoples view on mold lines?

Do you clean them all of a model before assembling or afterwards etc or not bother.
Myself i usually clean every piece and then assemble the model, takes a while on a large infantry unit but it does look better.

Just got a lot of plastic to get through to clean/build and then add to the list of things that need de-dusting to undercoat.
depends on where they are and how bad they are...

RedFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2013, 22:44   #3402
Almightyrastus
Engineering the awesome

Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.
I actually enjoy the putting together and cleaning of models more than the painting so I normally try and get all the lines off, everything lined up perfectly to try and hide the joints, barrels drilled and so on.

I sometimes find one or two I missed while I am painting them but if things are not obvious then it's no huge thing.
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2013, 11:56   #3403
benji2412
Has an Avatar avatar

benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
That looks pretty badass already, Benji. How many more monsters you need to paint?
7 in total! Got all but one at the moment, but I'm trying my best to stick to one at a time. Not happening!

Can't believe you're using two assault rams! That's immense! Do you get a chance to play many apocalypse games then? I'd love to do the Blood Angels chapter, so far only one company!

@ccxo

I clean all the mould lines off before I assemble, it does take ages but I agree that it's worth it. I'm a bit ocd about it, probably why I don't like to buy models from fleabay.
Old 21st Jan 2013, 13:15   #3404
Tomhyde1986
Supermodder

Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I've been talking to a mate about starting a new army after 10 years or so away.

I went with CSM as they have a nice new book out, seem well rounded in terms of options and have some cool characters and some of their models are bad ass looking. I love the Heldrake. It looks utterly sick!

In terms of WFB which is where my true interest lies I have a question or two:

- Are Bretonnia still even remotely viable just for fun? Their book is old as the game itself it seems. I like the idea of an army of cavilary charging all over the place and generally making a mess that way.

- Failing that can I do something similar with Empire and play a knight heavy army with support? Is such a thing remotely viable just for fun games?

- The third option is a lizard men army. Who doesn't love dinosaurs? Are they fun to play with options available ot are they forces into a specific style of combat? Again just for fun nothing serious. Mainly between friends.
Tomhyde1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2013, 13:19   #3405
Almightyrastus
Engineering the awesome

Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.
I am not a fantasy gamer myself, it has never really interested me much but out of those 3 I would probably go for the Empire one at the moment as they have recently released a lot of interesting stuff. Iv'e always thought of the Empire as being pretty balanced, they have the potential for a lot of varied magic, some very heavy hitting units and a good mix of ranged and close combat units.

Plus armour values seem to be pretty good overall.
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Old 21st Jan 2013, 14:01   #3406
benji2412
Has an Avatar avatar

benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomhyde1986 View Post
I've been talking to a mate about starting a new army after 10 years or so away.

I went with CSM as they have a nice new book out, seem well rounded in terms of options and have some cool characters and some of their models are bad ass looking. I love the Heldrake. It looks utterly sick!

- Are Bretonnia still even remotely viable just for fun? Their book is old as the game itself it seems. I like the idea of an army of cavilary charging all over the place and generally making a mess that way.

- Failing that can I do something similar with Empire and play a knight heavy army with support? Is such a thing remotely viable just for fun games?

- The third option is a lizard men army. Who doesn't love dinosaurs? Are they fun to play with options available ot are they forces into a specific style of combat? Again just for fun nothing serious. Mainly between friends.
I can certainly offer an opinion with WFB as I have both Empire and Lizardmen. I also have a friend who plays frequently with Bretonnians.

Firstly they're a decent army, except for their characters which are a little over pointed. A lot of it depends on whether you get the charge (obviously) and there isn't but of a plan B if you don't. Stone throwers are pretty useful as are men at arms (light armour, sheilds and halberds for 5pts I think) and they don't cause panic in a knight unit if they fall back.

Empire Knight armies don't work for me. 1+ save is great, T3 isn't. If you run it with a beasts/shadow lvl4 mage you might be able to make it work by buffing your units or making it harder to hit them by hexing the enemy. Failing that you can take Demigryph knights, they're T4, 3 wounds, S5 armour piercing and have a 1+ save. Oh and they also get a stomp attack. At 58 points they're cheaper than the Mournfang Calv that Ogres get. Take these over Knights, but they are a special choice. If you do want calv, you'll want to make sure they're stubborn thanks to the steadfast rule, as you'll likely be losing combat against horded units (for example, 40 scouting longbeard rangers are MUCH more effective than Empire knights).

Lizardmen are great despite how old their book is. You can tailor any army list around the fact the Slann can take any lore of magic, so your playing style is not forced into any aspect. You can have a Skink/Krox list, or a Saurus list or even maybe a shooty Skink list (posioned is great).

I know you want it in terms of a 'fun' game, but that relies on a good army list. I like to win, but I do also like to theme my armies (that way you know how it works all the time). Otherwise why would any of us play? There's nothing wrong with losing, but if you play a power list without one, it isn't much fun. Therefore theme your list (it doesn't have to be a power list) and you'll be a good match for any player and should therefore enjoy your game.
Old 21st Jan 2013, 14:16   #3407
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji2412 View Post
7 in total! Got all but one at the moment, but I'm trying my best to stick to one at a time. Not happening!

Can't believe you're using two assault rams! That's immense! Do you get a chance to play many apocalypse games then? I'd love to do the Blood Angels chapter, so far only one company!

@ccxo

I clean all the mould lines off before I assemble, it does take ages but I agree that it's worth it. I'm a bit ocd about it, probably why I don't like to buy models from fleabay.
I pretty much only play apocalypse, or at least 3k with double FOC. A friend and I have been doing a big (8ft by 6ft) board, since we both have armies that border on ludicrous size - Him with ~20k of Orks, and me with ~28k of marines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomhyde1986 View Post

I don't play much WHFB - Let me start with that!

I have a 2k bret army that's pretty much all knights. I have one level 2 damsel, 60 archers and 48 knights (Lord being one of them). It can be a challenge, but if you steam roll everything with lance formations, it seems to work.

There's another lad who plays a more balanced bret army, and he doesn't seem to be put off by the age of their book, so I'd say on those experiences, they're not so old as to be useless.

From what I see of Lizardmen, they can build some staggeringly hard lists - I've seen 2k of Lizardmen loose a couple of saurus when wiping out the entirety of a Black Orc army. Even the kid with the tactics and forethought of most ADHD kids manages to win or at least not lose horribly with Lizardmen.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 00:05   #3408
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.
All 3 books work, Empire is the newest army rules wise and has newer models if that interests you, Brets and Lizi's are great armies with just a old rule/model range, though do remember to use the FAQ's as their updated frequently.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...iPageMode=true

The list below shows the age of the current Warhammer books, the rumour mill for 2013 suggest the books for this year as Warriors of Chaos/Deamons/High Elves/Lizardmen.
Though Brets/Dwarfs and Wood Elves are still 2 editions old.

8th Edition

Warriors of Chaos February 2013 Rumoured
The Empire April 2012
Vampire Counts January 2012
Ogre Kingdoms September 2011
Tomb Kings May 2011
Orcs & Goblins March 2011

7th Edition Warhammer

Beastmen February 2010
Skaven November 2009
Lizardmen February 2009
Dark Elves August 2008
Daemons of Chaos May 2008
High Elves November 2007

6th Edition Warhammer

Dwarfs January 2006
Wood Elves September 2005
Bretonnia February 2004
ccxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 11:25   #3409
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I started to get in to Fantasy with Lizardmen when they re-released them a good few years back, still have 2 units of Saurus and Kroq-Gar. Never liked the Kroxigor that were released at that time, but the originals and the latest ones are very nice. Decent enough stats as well that add survivability to Skink units.
I've been wanting to get a unit of Ushabti and Kroxigor to paint up for years. I had a look on ebay last night, not exactly rich pickings. At €41 a set from GW, it's unlikely to happen.

Working on my Necron Pariah at the moment, once I get it finished I might post it up here, though it will pale in comparison to anything else that people have posted up.
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 16:25   #3410
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.
Warriors of Chaos is the next army- WD release and army pre-order 26th January, Release 2nd Feb.

Lord 15
Vilich 15
Trogg 36
Dragon Ogres 35
Gorebeast Chariot/ Chariot 25
Mutalith Vortex Beast
Slaughterbrute
Forsaken 30
Army book 27.50
Spell Cards 6.50

Pics link below

http://powerposey.blogspot.co.uk/

Forsaken are a core choice. Forsaken are M6 and D3+1 A. Has it's own D6 chart. One result is ASF.
Chaos Knights now buy enscrolled weapons as an upgrade
WILL OF CHAOS is not listed beneath lords, heroes, knights etc. Only eye of the gods
Mutalith has a bound spell ranged 18
Seems it does a toughness test (model/unit?) and there is chances of chaos spawns being produced
Marauders did not seem to have marks
Slaughter beast is a rare choice and is a bound monster. It is bound to your lord and can have the lords WS.
Gorebeast chariot is T6 5W. high Armour save (2+?). It has KB even on Impact hits. Slower than a normal chariot

Dragon Ogres are on 50 x 75mm bases

Two book items are:
chalice of chaos
soul feeder gift

MAGIC

marked casters can choose a different lore or stick with their mark:

Tzeentch: Lore of Metal
Slaanesh: Lore of Shadow
Nurgle: Lore of Death

Sig Spell:
Tzeentch is Blue fire. 24" D6 SD6 MM.
Slaanesh is Lash of slaanesh. 24" straight line form the base in forward arc of the caster. Every model under the line receives S3 AP hit.
Nurgle Sig spell is a Template. You place breath tempalte at the base of the caster.
All models beneath are forced to test T or suffer 1 W with no AS.
Nurgle Attribute is that on a succsessful cast roll a D6. On roll of 6 the casters T an W are both increased by 1 to the end of the game.
Slaanesh Attribute is for every wound caused by a spell, roll a D6. if a 6 is rolled the caster recieves +1ws/+1A/+1I
Tzeentch Attribute is for every 6 rolled on a successful cast, that caster recieves an additional PD. But only that caster can use the additional dice
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 17:02   #3411
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Trogg looks like an interesting model.
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 10:13   #3412
Tomhyde1986
Supermodder

Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
They look cool. Not too struck by the cavilary but the big monster units look great.

You know if you run a Trogg your armies theme song has to be "Wild Thing" right? That should be a rule imo.
Tomhyde1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 13:44   #3413
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Glad it's not a release I want to buy into!

Trogg looks like the best model IMO.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 14:27   #3414
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

gilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for president
Some really nice models for WOC I have to say. I recently just picked up a load of second hand warriors, knights and mauraders with the intention of starting an army. Just need to strip the paint of them first.

Price wise the stuff is abit expensive but I'll just order online 25% discount makes it abit more palatable
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 15:31   #3415
Almightyrastus
Engineering the awesome

I'll be grabbing the Chaos Lord for sure. The rest of it, not so much, I'll need to see it a bit better.
Old 1st Feb 2013, 01:58   #3416
ccxo
On top of a hill

So whats everyones views on Loken and Abbadon in the latest WD, not found any decent pictures online yet.
Old 1st Feb 2013, 10:31   #3417
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

gilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for president
Guys just seen this on kickstarter and I've backed it.

Guy does some amazing work and very cool videos so far on youtube

Very cool technique and an amazing result for an hours painting.
Old 1st Feb 2013, 14:06   #3418
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

New Abaddon???? Where!?
Old 1st Feb 2013, 14:28   #3419
Stickeh
Help me , Help you.

Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jerac/s...th/5164163964/
Old 1st Feb 2013, 15:35   #3420
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome!!! (yes, that deserved three exclamation marks).

I can't get over how close they look to the real thing.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
40k, games workshop, no skimlinks, say no to skimlinks, white dwarf