bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Photography, Art & Design

Old 23rd Jan 2013, 14:29   #1
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.
Video of the day

So, like the Photo of the day thread, this one is intended for Bit-Techers to post videos you've produced.

It's also intended to be a place to discuss production, editing and so on techniques so we can hopefully all improve at this. To kick things off, here's my latest, a video on kayaking in the sea caves at Deception pass...

Last edited by Cthippo; 10th Feb 2014 at 20:31.
Cthippo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 17:27   #2
supermonkey
Deal with it

supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I've posted some of these before in the Videos of Awesome thread, but considering the intent of this thread I'll add these here.

Time lapse sequences taken from the ISS during Expeditions 28 and 29 (I edited the section between 0:53-6:50)

Time lapse sequences taken from the ISS during Expeditions 29 and 30

The final 3 Space Shuttle missions:

STS-133 Post-flight video (final flight of Discovery)

STS-134 Post-flight video (final flight of Endeavour)

STS-135 Post-flight video (final flight of Atlantis and the last mission of the Space Shuttle Program). I put together the mission highlights section (from 3:50-10:55).
But of bliss and of glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song.
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion
supermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 13:27   #3
Cthippo

Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.
Those are awesome, SM!

How much was the first one speeded up in the time lapse?
Old 25th Jan 2013, 16:24   #4
Cheap Mod Wannabe
Ultramodder

Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Really like the kayaking in caves video

Here's one I shot with GoPro2 in Grand Canyon

Cheap Mod Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2013, 20:41   #5
Cthippo

Nice one, Cheap Mod!

Here's something I put together this morning on selecting music for videos...

Old 3rd Feb 2013, 20:15   #6
supermonkey
Deal with it

supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Fun with food

We got some new cameras at work, so I spent some time playing with the different settings. Needless to say, it was fun. Also, in retrospect I probably should have taken off the extended battery pack and used the waterproof housing instead.

But of bliss and of glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song.
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion
supermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Feb 2013, 23:11   #7
Cthippo

Your audience doesn't look very impressed

We went to Goat Island / Fort Whitman Monday and took some good footage, but I haven't had the time to edit it into anything, and I'm not sure if i will get it done before we leave for California on Sunday. Curse you real life!
Old 7th Feb 2013, 21:39   #8
October
Mariachi Style

October is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Just spent the day shooting a promo for a couple of friends, they started a wedding invite/other printed artsynesses(?) business a while ago and it's starting to properly take off. Pretty excited to be editing something with a purpose again! Hopefully have something to show y'all real soon, benefits of not having a real job any more.
Old 11th Feb 2013, 07:49   #9
Pookeyhead
It's big, and it's clever.

Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.
I've posted some of these before, but it seems like an appropriate thread.

Orkney Islands

Singapore

Singapore

A bit of Mustang holliganism

...although technically, this isn't mine... as my wife shot the interior view.

Pretty much All I've done that I can show. I've done loads of tutorials and other stuff for work, but I'm not allowed to post those.
MAIN RIG |Intel i7 3960X @ 4.7GHz Asus Rampage IV Extreme 16Gb Mushkin DDR3 2133 512GB Samsung 830 SSD 4TB of HDD Storage 4GB EVGA GTX670 Superclocked SLI Corsair 650D Eizo ColorEdge CG303W & Dell 2007FP Logitech Z623
EARTH| Celeron E3200 Gigabyte G31M-ES2L LSI SAS8704EM2 3TB RAID5 Headless - VNC administered
MOON | Thecus N3200pro 3TB RAID5

Last edited by Pookeyhead; 11th Feb 2013 at 07:55.
Pookeyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2013, 09:37   #10
Cthippo

Life has gotten weird, but on the plus side, I have time for editing!

This one took a ridiculous amount of time to edit, but I'm a lot happier with the results than I have been with many of my other videos.

Next step is to figure out Audacity...
Old 11th Feb 2013, 10:53   #11
Cthippo

Damn you, Pooky, you're going to make me spend money!

I was just looking at D7000s on eBay the other day because my KM 5D is dying. Those vids are very impressive!

Edit: 5.5 kiloposts for the cheesecake!

Last edited by Cthippo; 11th Feb 2013 at 11:25.
Old 14th Feb 2013, 07:54   #12
Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.
D7000s are cheap now.. will get cheaper too as Nikon are probably on the verge of releasing a new DX format camera to replace it.
MAIN RIG |Intel i7 3960X @ 4.7GHz Asus Rampage IV Extreme 16Gb Mushkin DDR3 2133 512GB Samsung 830 SSD 4TB of HDD Storage 4GB EVGA GTX670 Superclocked SLI Corsair 650D Eizo ColorEdge CG303W & Dell 2007FP Logitech Z623
EARTH| Celeron E3200 Gigabyte G31M-ES2L LSI SAS8704EM2 3TB RAID5 Headless - VNC administered
Old 14th Feb 2013, 08:59   #13
lysaer
Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeyhead View Post
D7000s are cheap now.. will get cheaper too as Nikon are probably on the verge of releasing a new DX format camera to replace it.
I thought the d7000 was consumer where as the DX range were professional no?

I've got a d7000 and I love it been getting into photography over the last year, it's just another thing to blow money on ;-)

Here is a vid I made for the ex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-kqzcV7xu8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Just shot on my d7000

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
lysaer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2013, 07:39   #14
Pookeyhead

No. The DX range is just the crop sensor format, where FX is the full frame format. The D7000 is a DX format camera. There are also consumer FX cameras... well.. camera... as there's only one Nikon FX consumer camera at the moment, the D600.
Old 16th Feb 2013, 11:29   #15
Cthippo

This is the first of two videos from our trip to the peninsula this week. I was going to post them both together, but the second one is still transcoding three hours later and I'm going to bed.

This was surfing in my kayak at Crescent Beach, which is part of the Salt Creek recreation area west of Port Angeles WA. The waves were running 5-6 feet and this video captures some of the sheer violence of them. In the next to the last segment you see me try to go over a wave, but instead it grabs me and drags me backwards for quite a ways. In the final bit I've gotten out through the surf and caught a big one coming back in. Even when it works perfectly you still get beat up in that water.

Can't wait to get back out there next month!

And here's the second one, shot the next day. The surf wasn't up, so we played in the rocks instead. The results weren't quite what I might of liked, but sometimes the best you can offer is comedy for others!

Last edited by Cthippo; 10th Feb 2014 at 20:35.
Old 11th Mar 2013, 00:55   #16
Cthippo

Another video of me getting beaten up in the surf!

This one was at Westhaven State Park at Westport WA. My sister and girlfriend were filming me from the beach and both almost got taken out by a big wave. The first time I didn't even make it out through the surf before I got dumped, and the second time I got out there, got scared by the big swell, and got dumped coming back in. We then headed back to the hotel and all got in the hot tub. Life is good.

My G/F and I and another friend are headed to Neah Bay next week, so you can expect some more videos soon.

Last edited by Cthippo; 10th Feb 2014 at 20:44.
Old 13th Apr 2013, 13:30   #17
Cthippo

Yeah, another kayaking video. Hey, go with what you know, right?

Old 13th Apr 2013, 18:45   #18
October
Mariachi Style

October is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I didn't edit this but about half of it is my camera work. Sadly I don't think the editor realised I was shooting super-flat and hasn't added any contrast back in to my stuff. Oh well, I got paid at least.

Didn't edit this one either and its been compressed to within an inch of its life, but all the award ceremony stuff and some of the other stuff is mine. 85mm handheld on a crop sensor cheesecake

Last edited by October; 13th Apr 2013 at 18:54.
October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2013, 12:19   #19
Cthippo

The hockey one is awesome, October!

That's the style I would like to try to move towards in my videos, more professional and action-y. It's hard trying to be the subject and also the cameraman at the same time.
Old 14th Apr 2013, 14:10   #20
October
Mariachi Style

It's really not, so many things could have been done better! There's a few more hockey vidoes I've been part of, I'll try and stick them up.

Edit: here we are!

Slight overkill with the frame burn on the first one for my taste, it's how you make a video exciting at the moment apparently.

Last edited by October; 14th Apr 2013 at 14:21.
October is offline   Reply With Quote