bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 7th Sep 2010, 01:31   #1
Langer
Jesse Lang

Langer has yet to learn the way of the DremelLanger has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Where can I get an ATX Backplate Diagram?

Does anyone know where I can get a vector drawing of an entire ATX backplate?

Something like this - but just a simple line drawing with measurements?

I'd prefer not to have to dig one of my rigs out of storage just to measure the backplate - I haven't yet moved my stuff into my new apartment and don't have a PC case at hand.

Thanks in advance.
*j
Old 7th Sep 2010, 02:09   #2
talladega
I'm Squidward

talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I THINK that cheaps cut one with his CNC.
Old 7th Sep 2010, 02:59   #3
Langer
Jesse Lang

Langer has yet to learn the way of the DremelLanger has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
An amazingly awesome cat named Josh sent me an email with no text, just an attachment in the form of an EPS file.

Whoever you are - THANK YOU SO MUCH.

In the interest of saving anyone else from this headache I've uploaded the *.eps file to my server and now offer it up to the community as a small sign of my appreciation!

*click for download*

*j
Old 7th Sep 2010, 12:04   #4
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
that's awesome, its the bit that always stubs me as the ATX 2.2 standard doesn't really cover such a thing with regards to dimensions of the PCI expansion ports.
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2010, 17:45   #5
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
snagged

-and I think it was Rambo that recently milled out a backplate from billet.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2010, 17:53   #6
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
snagged

-and I think it was Rambo that recently milled out a backplate from billet.
he did, im sure of it. Solid billet
Old 7th Sep 2010, 18:51   #7
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
So Rambo's the one to hound for measurements? Darned PCI people won't send you the measurements unless you're a member of the club - so much for open standards!
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2010, 19:05   #8
bigkingfun
Tinkering addict

bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I cannot remember where I got it from, but I have the PCI version 10a specification.

It is just over 1MB.
PM me if interested.
bigkingfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2010, 21:30   #9
Langer
Jesse Lang

You can download the scale diagram by clicking the image I posted. (http://www.jesselang.ca/public/ioshield.eps)
If you would like it in another format post your request here and I'll add it as well.
Old 7th Sep 2010, 21:56   #10
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

DXF if possible chap...
Old 19th Sep 2010, 08:32   #11
Langer
Jesse Lang

HERE'S A DWG (illustrator doesn't like DXF exporting, it fubars everything)
Old 21st Sep 2010, 16:37   #12
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

thank you!
Old 21st Sep 2010, 18:23   #13
PabloFunky
Ultramodder

PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.
Wow solid billet one, now theres an idea....

Well i punched and folded mine from 1mm ally and added m3 steel inserts.

I used an old one from a coolermaster atc210 case (now that brings back memories).

and just followed the dimensions to continue it into a 10 pci version.

So i didnt do a drawing myself.. ooops bad practice, but there you go.
PabloFunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 16:05   #14
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
It was the solid billet one that instantly inspired me to make my own .

Finally come up with a great & simple method by using layers I think it's one of those too simple things that no one thinks of it lol .

I have it fully designed in sketchup, took precise measurements of a good Lian-Li one & made it in sketchup, I also made an XL-ATX back panel too & could just as easily make a micro or mini back panel.

I know I could very easily make them & at a low cost, my original design was a bunch of aluminium layers but I finalised my design to have plexi glass sandwiched between sheet aluminium which would be great for tapping & look cool too .

Really looking forward to making my next case not relying on a salvaged pci piece .

So, how do I share the sketchup file, let me know & I'll get it up, about time I contributed to the modding community .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 16:16   #15
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Just took a couple of snips of what I mean .

Standard ATX

XL-ATX
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 19:08   #16
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Here I used winrar to pack it & includes both ATX & XL-ATX pci back pieces made from google sketchup 7. Also added this to the sketchup collection .
This is imo the easiest way to make them .
http://www.mediafire.com/?zilaf6qd6cjzicy
Old 24th Jan 2013, 00:40   #17
MrBean
Supermodder

MrBean has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrBean has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hello Guys,
sorry to be dragging up an old post - anyone here still have the ATX CAD drawing available for ATX or micro-ATX?

Need it for a new project, and will save me heaps of time

Much obliged, Phillip aka mrbean
MrBean is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode