bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 24th Jan 2013, 09:31   #1
Harlequin
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.
Dead Space 3 on PC to be straight port, no additional features added

Quote:
Speaking with Visceral Games at a recent Dead Space 3 event, games.on.net learned that the PC version of Dead Space 3 will be a straight port of the console versions.

The PC version is understood to have some graphics options, but no support for DirectX 11, no additional high-resolution textures, and no further graphical enhancements above and beyond those seen on the PS3 or Xbox 360.
http://games.on.net/2013/01/dead-spa...eatures-added/

why am I not surpised
Old 24th Jan 2013, 09:37   #2
Shirty
"It's old Shirty!"

Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.
Hateful ****.
Old 24th Jan 2013, 09:42   #3
mrbungle
Undercooked chicken giver

mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.
What a crock of crap.
Old 24th Jan 2013, 10:30   #4
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
and?! Is this really news in the PC community? I mean when was the last time you didn't play a console port AAA title?
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 10:40   #5
Harlequin
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.
Battlefield 3

Diablo 3

FarCry 3
Old 24th Jan 2013, 10:51   #6
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draksis View Post
and?! Is this really news in the PC community? I mean when was the last time you didn't play a console port AAA title?
The fact this is even news shows how good we have it now, almost all multiplatform titles released nowadays come with some extra PC only bells and whistles!

Good times to be a PC gamer - Huzzah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Battlefield 3

Diablo 3

FarCry 3
Planetside 2!

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 11:01   #7
Scroome
I don't do red...

Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
why am I not surpised
Because neither is anyone else here

Dead Space 2 had no extras for the PC, so it was pretty much a given that the latest incarnation wouldn't have either.

The Dead space series is walking a fine line anyhow. Not their fault really.

One of the major complaints from Dead Space 2, was that whilst it was still a good game, it was essentially more of the same.

They make changes based on what they (EA management, lets face it) believe will help shift more units and the response has been luke warm.

It happens. People tend to get bored faster these days.
Scroome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 11:59   #8
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
We should see fewer 'ports' as they currently are once the next-gen consoles are here...

Huzzah.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 14:46   #9
DeckerdBR
Supermodder

DeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draksis View Post
The Witcher 2.
| RAM: 8GB Corsair CMX4GX3M2B1600C9 | CPU Cooler: AKASA Venom | OS: Windows 7 64 | SSD: Samsung 840 250GB |
DeckerdBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 17:09   #10
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeckerdBR View Post
The Witcher 2.
QTE sequences, Boss fights - this was a console game in all but name!

There is hope though - Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous show that there is still a way for PC games to get made. Not forgetting Arma 3 of course!

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 17:13   #11
erratum1
Needs a new avatar !

erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.
Dead space 2 was just a straight port still enjoyed playing it though.

One of the few games that ran well on my old 8800gts, you still can crank up the res.

Not everyone has 2x680's yer know.

Saying that DS3 might be rubbish anyway.
erratum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 20:47   #12
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
Quote:
Battlefield 3

Diablo 3

FarCry 3
Battlefield 3 is a port, complete with PS3 exclusive content. Same goes for Far Cry 3 - Day 1 patch for bad rendering code and sloppy memory management. D3 I'm not gonna touch other than to say: True, but I honestly wish I had never bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedra View Post

There is hope though - Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous show that there is still a way for PC games to get made. Not forgetting Arma 3 of course!
This is true. Looking forward to those.
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 23:20   #13
Ream
Multimodder

Ream - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Ream - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Ream - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Ream - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Ream - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Ream - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Ream - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Ream - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Ream - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Ream - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Ream - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Multi platform games are never built with PC's in mind, PC gamers are an after thought. You can blame it on piracy or the fact consoles are so old now that I bet top end phones will have better graphics than the PS3 and Xbox within 2 years.

Hopefully we will get some decent games that we will buy this year.
Ream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 23:34   #14
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:

And Planetary Annihilation!

Also: BF3 - not a port in any way. Do you even play, Bro?

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Old 25th Jan 2013, 00:13   #15
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
And Planetary Annihilation!

Also: BF3 - not a port in any way. Do you even play, Bro?
Yes, played BF3 mostly on the 360 though as that's where the people I know play. Played the PC version today for a couple of hours though. It is an example of a game that has been developed to take in the strengths of each platform rather than just the lowest common denominator.

As for Dead Space 3 - I am not really interested. The first one was good and managed to get the balance right between action and tension, the second was just more of the same. I suspect that the third is tending towards a more traditional FPS approach from what I have seen. I imagine lots of 'set pieces' and cut-scenes. It seems that the longer a franchise continues the more generic they become.

This year is going to be a strange one for games, with potentially two new consoles out (or at least announced) I think there is going to be a lot of 'rinse and repeat' stuff. I think that 2014 will be the more interesting year to be honest.

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 02:07   #16
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
BF3 online is a pc game with 64 player maps.

The single player mode is COD with better graphics and some destructible scenery. Story has been told a million times before. If that's really a future of a native pc game I'd be running.

The witcher 2 is easily the best pc game I've played in the last few years. It's different and unique and has enough of a challenge to keep you returning.

Pc has always had titles that excel

4x games
Similuations
Strategy games
Mmos
RPGs

Been the big ones. Enough rpg is debatable has not been a truly great rpg since baulders gate 1 and 2 were out.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 02:45   #17
IvanIvanovich
будет глотать вашу душу.

IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.
I can't wait for the day they decide they can't be bothered to add keyboard/mouse support to console port.
[end of line] intel xeon x3460 | evga p55 sli | 8gb mushkin blackline | evga gtx670 | seagate 600 240gb | creative titanium hd | seasonic ss460fl | gh60 keyboard | logitech g700 | achieva shimian qh270
IvanIvanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 09:10   #18
Parge
ITX FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
BF3 online is a pc game with 64 player maps.

The single player mode is COD with better graphics and some destructible scenery. Story has been told a million times before. If that's really a future of a native pc game I'd be running.

The witcher 2 is easily the best pc game I've played in the last few years. It's different and unique and has enough of a challenge to keep you returning.

Pc has always had titles that excel

4x games
Similuations
Strategy games
Mmos
RPGs

Been the big ones. Enough rpg is debatable has not been a truly great rpg since baulders gate 1 and 2 were out.
If you think that 'FPS' isn't on that list then you are living in dreamland.

Battlefield 3 is a PC game, ported to consoles as you can see from the larger 64 Player maps, and full use of DX11 - both of which are dumbed down on the consoles.

Old 25th Jan 2013, 09:35   #19
DeckerdBR
Supermodder

DeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
While the introduction of some QTE is a clear miss step, you arr wrong about TW2 being a console game.

The fighting of monsters is part of the lore and the game has been well optomised to take advantage of pc hardware up and down the scale, has a well thought out set of controls and interface and allows a lot of customisation in terms of graphic settings.

It's clarly a game designed for the PC in the first instance and later ported to consoles after a year.

Compare that to something like mass effect 3
.... then you will know a true multiplatform game that was designed with the lowest common in mind
| RAM: 8GB Corsair CMX4GX3M2B1600C9 | CPU Cooler: AKASA Venom | OS: Windows 7 64 | SSD: Samsung 840 250GB |
DeckerdBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 10:17   #20
MjFrosty
Hypermodder

MjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
IIRC Dead Space 2 wasn't exactly filled with higher end settings and trinkets. It was still an awesomely scary game. Not sure why people are so irate about it this time.

You don't need high resolution textures to shi* your pants.