bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 21st Jan 2013, 22:23   #1
Zsolt Guriga
Multimodder

Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Project: The Apple/19.03.2013/Interior

I cordially greet you, and I want to welcome you to my new project,called The Apple
After the finish of Hello Kitty-project,I was thinking a lot about a new one,and I decided to mod an Apple G4 case, the very fact that the error of ATX motherboards, and other components of course, I found it a challenge
This mod would like to progress in the field of presentation and taken photos, which is quite far away, so to speak, from me
My goal is to create a compact mode (PC), which in appearance and performance meets the present day
HW used will be shown step by step, as currently only the i7 3770k own that will be the heart of this Project
In short I want to prove that not all the old stuff for the landfill and waste
I hope you will enjoy the new project, and that we will share impressions, ideas, and have fun
So lets start
A couple of pictures of the case and its condition :

Last edited by Zsolt Guriga; 19th Mar 2013 at 18:36. Reason: update
Zsolt Guriga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2013, 23:01   #2
Pranja
Crazy Wolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Super.

I ja već dugo tražim G5-icu da ju sredim ali nikako da nađem krepanu.

Baš me zanima kako češ srediti ovu četvorku.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 04:48   #3
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
Why do I have a strong feeling that that hex nuts gonna end up as a fill port?

I always have liked the G4 case albeit more than the G5.

I'm gonna get flamed...... I'm gonna get flamed...

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 14:25   #4
Father-Time
Multimodder

Father-Time has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very interested to see how this goes, i have one in bits in my shed! They are a well made case alright. Will be good to see what you do with it, good luck!
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 22:16   #5
Zsolt Guriga
Multimodder

Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zsolt Guriga is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
Super.

I ja već dugo tražim G5-icu da ju sredim ali nikako da nađem krepanu.

Baš me zanima kako češ srediti ovu četvorku.
to nisam ni ja druže našao,ali sve u svemu ovo kućište mi je slađe od G5,jer je manji i kompaktniji
želeo bih da spolja sačuvam osobine fabričke koliko je moguće
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 22:21   #6
Zsolt Guriga
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
Why do I have a strong feeling that that hex nuts gonna end up as a fill port?

I always have liked the G4 case albeit more than the G5.

I'm gonna get flamed...... I'm gonna get flamed...
I agree with you,I like much more this case than the G5 too
So you think that the hex nuts gonna end up with fill port,hmmmgood idea,but lets wait and see
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 22:23   #7
Zsolt Guriga
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father-Time View Post
Very interested to see how this goes, i have one in bits in my shed! They are a well made case alright. Will be good to see what you do with it, good luck!
Thanks,and Iam ipressed too with the quality of the case
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 22:29   #8
Zsolt Guriga
Multimodder

Lets back on the work
I started to disassemble the case,with the help of a picture what I founded on the web
Here is the pictures of the progres
First the side that opens

Old 22nd Jan 2013, 22:31   #9
Zsolt Guriga
Multimodder

And the other side

Old 22nd Jan 2013, 22:34   #10
Zsolt Guriga
Multimodder

And finally the case without cover

please let me say again,that this case is really exelent quality
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 22:44   #11
Razarach
Multimodder

Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Odličan projekt. Svaka čast!
Razarach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 23:23   #12
exexs
Multimodder

exexs has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have the same case in my attic! Wanted to do something with it, but eeh other projects ^^ Wanna follow what you'll do with it
Old 24th Jan 2013, 16:51   #13
Zsolt Guriga
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razarach View Post
Odličan projekt. Svaka čast!
Hvala druže,pratim te i ja,super su ti ruke za drvo
Old 24th Jan 2013, 16:56   #14
Zsolt Guriga
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by exexs View Post
I have the same case in my attic! Wanted to do something with it, but eeh other projects ^^ Wanna follow what you'll do with it
Glad you have the same case,so welcome and follow this project,and the end if you liked it,you can do the same,or even better,with new ideas
Old 24th Jan 2013, 17:02   #15
Zsolt Guriga
Multimodder

The weather was so good in the morning, so I threw on the project
I plotted where and how to cut the bottom of the case,so I can turned it into atx case
and I decided to go a few steps further than pure measurement

Old 24th Jan 2013, 17:07   #16
Zsolt Guriga
Multimodder

Because of the good quality of case,I decided to use heavy artillery instead dremel

Old 24th Jan 2013, 17:16   #17
Zsolt Guriga
Multimodder

Redundant parts

Weather forecast

Roughing with rasp

Old 24th Jan 2013, 17:16   #18
nagyizom
Supermodder

nagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great start! Looking forward to see what will you do with this case.

Previous mods: |Sandcrawler Mod| |Illuminated Mind| |Graphite5|

Follow me on Facebook
nagyizom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 17:22   #19
Zsolt Guriga
Multimodder

Assembling,just to see how fit in
I need here additional processing,and after that im gonna glue it with two component liquid metal or i can use even epoxid

To be continued……..
Old 29th Jan 2013, 22:29   #20
Zsolt Guriga
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyizom View Post
Great start! Looking forward to see what will you do with this case.
Thanks my friend,and I cant wait to see yours G5,Ireally like it

View Mode