Old 30th Apr 2011, 22:07   #21
disturbed13
Hypermodder

disturbed13 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throbbi View Post
*dribble* Aston.............Lambo.....................*/dribble*

Oh, case mod right, yeah..err.

For first time painting it's looking good I would agree that a cold or 'ice' white would be better than a warmer tone, especially since you previously said that the other colour which inspired you was blue and i have a feeling a nice deep blue could possibly make an appearance on this somewhere Keep it up dude.
x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanlon303 View Post
The modder in me says whack a hole, fool!
disturbed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 17:32   #22
LatinSpirit
Multimodder

LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13eightyfour View Post
Nice to see the parts turned up ok, it took long enough though. At least you wont have to fix anything now.
Yeah it makes it a bit easier
There was only one bit to repair, which is now done....the black plastic that goes on the inside of the front of the case. I can now concentrate on finishing the primer and then onto the painting.
LatinSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2011, 21:07   #23
LatinSpirit
Multimodder

LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Mini-Update 11/7/11

Finally I have had the chance to make a bit of progress on the case. I went on holiday for a week in June, so i had no money for a while before (and after) said holiday

I visited my local paint shop on the 9th to get a quote on the Aston Martin paint, plus any other related bits and bobs. They suggested that for best results on that colour, I use a white primer first. So I bought a tin of that, and also some thinner and hardner which came to 30 altogether. I will be hopefully borrowing a spray gun and compressor, so I don't have to hire them.

The paint will be roughly the same again for half a litre, which should be enough to do the case with. But I couldn't quite afford the paint this time, but I have enough to be getting on with.

Two of the guys at the shop seemed to like the colour too

Back at the workshop, I still had some parts that needed some etch primer. The replacement side panels and handles, and the top panel.

I began to remove the black mesh from the side and top panels, taking care not to break them so they can be re-inserted once the case is painted. I plan to keep these the original gloss black colour. They are just held in place by a few tabs in the mesh where they have been folded over to secure it.

This is one from one of the side panels...

...and the top panel, ready to prime.

Some priming in progress...

That's all for now....hopefully more to follow soon. Thanks for reading!
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 21:38   #24
LatinSpirit
Multimodder

I have began the white primer layer.....pics v.soon!
Old 24th Aug 2011, 19:53   #25
LatinSpirit
Multimodder

Hello everyone!

Apologies for the slight delay getting the latest set of pics on here. I couldn't get them to upload to bittech for some reason, so using photobucket for these

So the white primer is underway, I managed to do most of the parts, but need to buy a little more to finish off the white primer stage.....then I can hopefully get hold of the shiny paint soon!

First the side panels...

...the bars...

....one of the side trims....

...and the top.

Just before painting the top, I decided to remove the plastic grill that is inside. I felt the grill is ugly and not really necessary. It's a nice and easy mod to help improve airflow.

That's all for this update, hope I can get some more done soon

Thanks for looking, feel free to let me know what you think so far!
Old 24th Aug 2011, 20:02   #26
Mr.V
What's a Dremel?

Mr.V has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
subbed! love the paint color
Mr.V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 21:26   #27
LatinSpirit
Multimodder

Having been slowly doing small bits and pieces as and when I had access to the workshop, I am happy to say that I have finally made enough progress on the painting of the case to be worthy of an update post.....I'm not giving up!

The side panels plus surrounds have finally had their coat of white, some of the smaller bits are still left to do for the next time.

Also I have bought the bottle of pearl, ready for when the white is finished.

Tried to take a picture of the pearl itself...didn't come out great on these pics (was using camera on my phone) but it looks great.

Hope to get more painting done soon.....and thanks for looking!

View Mode