bit-tech.net

Old 25th Jan 2013, 01:16   #11201
MSHunter
Mod Master

MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysol View Post
Plum 96 is only 1 column wider than a tenkeyless. It's still a lot smaller than a full 104 and the keys are the same 19mm pitch standard as all other MX.

There are also some rumors of another bluetooth board that is smaller than the 104 Pro coming soon from KBTalking.
Is a KBT Pure not smaller then both?
Is it not just the size of the letter + Modifier block?

PC Audio: AKG 271 mk II + Samson Go mic. + Asus Xonar D2X
Amp: DENON PMA510AE, Speakers: TANNOY MERCURY F1
MSHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 01:19   #11202
IvanIvanovich
будет глотать вашу душу.

IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.
Pure is a 60%, but it's wired. I was talking about something else entirely from KBT since you seemed interested in wireless. If that is no longer a buying point, then Pure is a fine choice if you like it's 2nd layer. If you aren't in a hurry to buy I really advise you to wait though. Lots of new things coming in 60% land from Vortex, Leopold, Filco... and of course the very best GH60.
[end of line] intel xeon x3460 | evga p55 sli | 8gb mushkin blackline | evga gtx670 | seagate 600 240gb | creative titanium hd | seasonic ss460fl | gh60 keyboard | logitech g700 | achieva shimian qh270
IvanIvanovich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 08:54   #11203
MSHunter
Mod Master

MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MSHunter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Pure is a 60%, but it's wired. I was talking about something else entirely from KBT since you seemed interested in wireless. If that is no longer a buying point, then Pure is a fine choice if you like it's 2nd layer. If you aren't in a hurry to buy I really advise you to wait though. Lots of new things coming in 60% land from Vortex, Leopold, Filco... and of course the very best GH60.
I am, but size is important for travel. It must fit in my Eastpack (15.3" laptop version) with room to spare for my other stuff and be easy in and out as Security always checks my bag.

OMG he has cables and a Mini rig!!! (fair enough an ALU cylinder....)

Do you have the dimensions of the Plum board? (length)

Old 25th Jan 2013, 10:37   #11204
Parge
Bit-Sec

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
Hi guys.

Anyone ever used one of these before?

I need a 'LAN' Keyboard - so something small, and spotted this. Trouble is, I can't find any reviews or anything.

Can its keycaps be replaced?

EDIT: apparently its a rebranded Rapoo V7 - what are they like?

EDIT 2: "One thing to note is that all the bigger keys use stabilizers that are not compatible with any other MX keycaps, as the "wire" part of the stabilizer is built into the keycap itself, rather than the keyboard." - so thats a no to replacing the keycaps then?

Bit more info: "The yellow fake MX switches are linear and rate somewhere between the MX Black and MX Red. A very smooth and light switch. I would guess these to be around 45g. "

Last edited by Parge; 25th Jan 2013 at 10:47.
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 10:50   #11205
GeorgeK
Bit-Tech Keyboard Overlord

GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.
Never seen that before - not a bad price at all... All the keys would appear to be a standard size and so others should fit. You can replace the caps on any cherry boards - it's just that some use odd sized modifiers or fn keys etc. The only 'non-standard' caps on it are the media keys at the top.
Keyboards: Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds | White Filco TKL - Browns | Filco MiniLA - Browns | Poker w/Plate, Alu Case - Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears | Cherry G80-3000 - Browns | Cherry G80-3700 w/Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears | IBM Model M SSK - Bolt & Floss Modded | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S
GeorgeK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 14:17   #11206
IvanIvanovich
будет глотать вашу душу.

IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.IvanIvanovich is definitely a rep cheat.
I don't have an exact measurement on the Plum96, but I believe it to be about the same as G80-1800 which is 16" so just a little too big I guess.

Parge, stay away from that junk. They are a waste of money and break really easy and very often.
[end of line] intel xeon x3460 | evga p55 sli | 8gb mushkin blackline | evga gtx670 | seagate 600 240gb | creative titanium hd | seasonic ss460fl | gh60 keyboard | logitech g700 | achieva shimian qh270
Old 25th Jan 2013, 14:47   #11207
Parge
Bit-Sec

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Parge, stay away from that junk. They are a waste of money and break really easy and very often.
Ok, I'll pretty much take as gospel anything a man with the words 'total annihilation' in his sig tells me.
Old 25th Jan 2013, 15:09   #11208
GeorgeK

GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeK is definitely a rep cheat.
Listen to lysol - keyboard gurus don't come any more knowledgeable...
Keyboards: Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds | White Filco TKL - Browns | Filco MiniLA - Browns | Poker w/Plate, Alu Case - Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears | Cherry G80-3000 - Browns | Cherry G80-3700 w/Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears | IBM Model M SSK - Bolt & Floss Modded | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S
Old 25th Jan 2013, 16:04   #11209
Margon
I'm good at Soldering

Margon is definitely a rep cheat.Margon is definitely a rep cheat.Margon is definitely a rep cheat.Margon is definitely a rep cheat.Margon is definitely a rep cheat.Margon is definitely a rep cheat.Margon is definitely a rep cheat.Margon is definitely a rep cheat.Margon is definitely a rep cheat.Margon is definitely a rep cheat.Margon is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
Hi guys.

Anyone ever used one of these before?

I need a 'LAN' Keyboard - so something small, and spotted this. Trouble is, I can't find any reviews or anything.

Can its keycaps be replaced?

EDIT: apparently its a rebranded Rapoo V7 - what are they like?

EDIT 2: "One thing to note is that all the bigger keys use stabilizers that are not compatible with any other MX keycaps, as the "wire" part of the stabilizer is built into the keycap itself, rather than the keyboard." - so thats a no to replacing the keycaps then?

Bit more info: "The yellow fake MX switches are linear and rate somewhere between the MX Black and MX Red. A very smooth and light switch. I would guess these to be around 45g. "
These don't have genuine cherry switches. And the caps that are bigger than 1x done have standard stabilizers, they are sort of built into the cap. And the caps that come on them are nasty.

EDIT: I should read posts as I just wrote what you had basically written in your edits :P

HHKB Pro2 : Custom full LED Poker II Tactile Greys + Clears and Acrylic case : KBT Oni MxBlue+Clear spings : Cherry G80-1192 blacks : Dell AT101W : CM Trigger Z Browns : CM MECH Blues : CM Quickfire TK Stealth Browns : CM Quickfire XT Blues : Skidata Clears
Margon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 16:16   #11210
Parge
Bit-Sec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo Baggins View Post
These don't have genuine cherry switches. And the caps that are bigger than 1x done have standard stabilizers, they are sort of built into the cap. And the caps that come on them are nasty.

EDIT: I should read posts as I just wrote what you had basically written in your edits :P
Ha ha, well the important thing was that my question was answered. Looks like I'm going for the Zalman ZM-K350M - 9.95 of pure keyboard heaven (not)
Old 25th Jan 2013, 16:22   #11211
MSHunter
Mod Master

Quote:
I don't have an exact measurement on the Plum96, but I believe it to be about the same as G80-1800 which is 16" so just a little too big I guess.

Well if I could afford it I would get both, that is one nice wireless KB especially since its bluetooth.
Thanks for the links, I really need to save all the great links I get here. At one point some one gave me a link to a keyboard (also mini I think) that even had an IBM style control nipple. Really wish they didnt patent the *$#% out of that great idea.

Been looking at the back lit Pure boards with MX Red switches but can not find one in the nice orange light version. I got blue on my Razer board and that really kills the eyes in the dark, green might have that issue too, red would be best as it doesn't effect night vision (thats why the military use it). If I can not find Orange I will have to go with green and hope its OK. A bit too gamer L33T for my tastes though.

Old 25th Jan 2013, 17:33   #11212
IvanIvanovich
будет глотать вашу душу.

You could get the not backlight version and add the led yourself. Save some money and get the color you want.
Old 25th Jan 2013, 18:53   #11213
el2k
MX Reds <3

el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Anyone going for the LZ-GH?

I was tempted, But since I just got my Mx-Mini and money is tight at the moment I thought I better not!
Old 25th Jan 2013, 18:56   #11214
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
Nah, I was tempted but just not bothered.
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 19:37   #11215
LennyRhys
Air Cooled

LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.
Margo's black caps lock arrived today and it's not black LOL

In any case I'll keep it and thank you very much
Phun: E8200 @ 4 :: Asus P5Q-E :: 2GB Cellshock :: X1950XT 256 :: CWT 400W
LennyRhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 20:25   #11216
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
There are some DanGWanG caps on techkeys, worth picking up a few for trading at a later date.
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 20:28   #11217
el2k
MX Reds <3

el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.el2k is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight View Post
There are some DanGWanG caps on techkeys, worth picking up a few for trading at a later date.
Mm, They suck.
Old 25th Jan 2013, 20:56   #11218
MSHunter
Mod Master

Quote:
You could get the not backlight version and add the led yourself. Save some money and get the color you want.
would love to but with baby in the house there just is not time for such pleasures any more

Old 26th Jan 2013, 10:54   #11219
GeorgeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeK View Post
Klaxon! (AKA RA3.0) Group Buy on GeekHack
Thanks gents to those confirming their orders with me - I think I'll probably do the order tomorrow and then let you know what you owe me.

Any other takers for getting some awesome looking caps for a cheap price? They're pretty! See:

(Not my pictures btw & I think the RoG mods will be a little darker than those)
Old 26th Jan 2013, 11:10   #11220
Andy Mc
I *am* a Dremel

Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeK View Post
Thanks gents to those confirming their orders with me - I think I'll probably do the order tomorrow and then let you know what you owe me.

Any other takers for getting some awesome looking caps for a cheap price? They're pretty! See:

(Not my pictures btw & I think the RoG mods will be a little darker than those)
Would love to get on this, however just had an offer accepted on a house so I'm now broke for the next couple of decades.

Tags
<3 mx red <3, anoraks are us, clack anoraks, clickytimes, damn teelzebubs tags, dickweight does care, drama llamas, heavy fingering, i finger keyboards fap, i fondle keycaps, irc cheesecake, keyboards fap clack fap, mx blears, razer is so l33t, say yes to skimmed milk, ssk ftw!!!!, taste my mx greys, topre > mx, topre = domes < mx, topre ftw, topre is mush, topre master race, touch it!, touch my keyboard