bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 11th Jan 2013, 09:51   #181
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ZiiP] NaloaC View Post
There is a livestream on now.

http://www.twitch.tv/uberchannel
Missed this. Any interesting news?

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2013, 17:03   #182
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Mainly talking about AI and answering a load of question from the chat panel as to how they're going to be using Neural Networking.

Area Commands are seemingly going to be implemented and that's going to be interesting.
There was some information regarding the procedural generating of the worlds.

Here is a YouTube video of the stream.

Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2013, 20:41   #183
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I watched most of the live stream and they seemed a bit bored to me - my mind kept wandering during it!

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 22:31   #184
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Nice long chat with Jon Mavor on RPS

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...-annihilation/

Also, backers should really check out the Backers Lounge on the Uberent forums!
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
Old 26th Jan 2013, 01:11   #185
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ZiiP] NaloaC View Post
Nice long chat with Jon Mavor on RPS

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...-annihilation/

Also, backers should really check out the Backers Lounge on the Uberent forums!
GREAT interview!

Jeeze, my balls are empty.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80

Old 26th Jan 2013, 03:39   #186
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
A few days ago Chris Taylor did q/a in reddit- one question on PA, it will be interesting to see if PA can be delivered within the budget.

What do you think about Planetary Annihilation?

I like the video a lot, but beyond that, I'm pretty skeptical... I know what it takes to make an RTS game. TA took 20 months, and I (and the team) worked 7 days a week. SupCom 1 took 3.5 years and cost over 10 million. I don't think they stand a snowballs chance in hell to make that game for 2M.

But now that I've said that, they're really going to have to work extra hard to prove me wrong... good luck!!

Link to the whole thing

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...powered_games/
ccxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jan 2013, 10:10   #187
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That's stupid. Chris Taylor is doing exactly the same with his own Kickstarter, and asking for less money to boot. How can he turn round and say a game can't be done for that amount?
Cei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jan 2013, 10:20   #188
Stickeh
Help me , Help you.

Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The thing is, kickstarter is just a way to crowd source some money / pre-purchases /interest and hype.

With such interest made I am sure they have outside help with regards to funding the project as the sales after release to those that did not pre-order should also be nice and healthy and at a higher price to boot.
Old 26th Jan 2013, 10:34   #189
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Kickstarter studios are also generally indie efforts, not the normal big studios (such as Gas Powered Games was back in the days of TA/SupCom), which means their costs are significantly lower due to smaller staff and expenditure.
Cei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jan 2013, 11:21   #190
Parge
ITX FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccxo View Post
A few days ago Chris Taylor did q/a in reddit- one question on PA, it will be interesting to see if PA can be delivered within the budget.

What do you think about Planetary Annihilation?

I like the video a lot, but beyond that, I'm pretty skeptical... I know what it takes to make an RTS game. TA took 20 months, and I (and the team) worked 7 days a week. SupCom 1 took 3.5 years and cost over 10 million. I don't think they stand a snowballs chance in hell to make that game for 2M.

But now that I've said that, they're really going to have to work extra hard to prove me wrong... good luck!!

Link to the whole thing

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...powered_games/
Maybe that is the case, but from what Mavor said in that RPS interview, there were a lot of costly mistakes made, and disharmony during the development of SupCom. Additionally, they had built in a single player campaign, which Mavor has already said is a massive expensive (and thus PA does not have one), and hand built every map, as opposed to relying on procedural generation.

Personally given what I have already seen, I think Mavor is going to accomplish what CT never could - a true follow up to T.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cei View Post
That's stupid. Chris Taylor is doing exactly the same with his own Kickstarter, and asking for less money to boot. How can he turn round and say a game can't be done for that amount?
Different kind of game (Action RTS vs Traditional) - but your point stands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickeh View Post
The thing is, kickstarter is just a way to crowd source some money / pre-purchases /interest and hype.

With such interest made I am sure they have outside help with regards to funding the project as the sales after release to those that did not pre-order should also be nice and healthy and at a higher price to boot.
Exactly, if you go on the PA facebook account, there are loads of people commenting on how they are sorry they missed the kickstarter and are pre ordering or waiting until the game comes out. Plus, if you get decent reviews, and are backed by a decent community (lets face it, the game is already going to have 50k people playing on day one), then the word will spread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cei View Post
Kickstarter studios are also generally indie efforts, not the normal big studios (such as Gas Powered Games was back in the days of TA/SupCom), which means their costs are significantly lower due to smaller staff and expenditure.
Exactly, and anyone who is following Star Citizen has heard in depth from Chris Roberts about how building games sans publisher is so much cheaper.

Old 28th Jan 2013, 00:44   #191
dolphie
ken sent me

dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I wondered about their budget too, but there are ways to cut costs without it really affecting the gameplay. I just really have my fingers crossed that they can pull it off. It's funny because the focus is always on these legendary programmers and game designers who previously worked on this that and the other big hits. But really, I think the success of a lot of these kickstarter projects will be largely down to the project managers
dolphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 00:15   #192
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Latest Livestream: Sound & Music (primarily music)

Old 6th Feb 2013, 19:33   #193
Jester_612
"Jammy..."

Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.
As a guy who ripped the music of TA from the disc to listen to, I believe in Howard. That there is the foundations of great stuff.
Old 6th Feb 2013, 20:40   #194
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
No single player campain is not really the best way to sell your game to the masses though.

If its basically just Skirmish and online only i think it will be a difficult sell to the general public.

Star Citizen looks awesome but the game is 2 years + away its going to spend 20-22months in alpha before it even hits a beta stage.

I know people who have donated who will probably have forgotten about the game by the time its released.

Got a pre order myself have had since early kickstarter but wether it will be what they want it to be i have no idea.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Feb 2013, 20:47   #195
Jester_612
"Jammy..."

Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.
I only ever played skirmish. In place of SP it has the galactic war thingy, a campaign of skirmish.

And checking the backers forum shows a few pictures of something new.
Old 9th Feb 2013, 11:27   #196
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

It does show something new indeed, and it's extremely pretty.... Been drooling over the new material all week.

However, now it is here for the masses to enjoy too

Old 9th Feb 2013, 12:22   #197
Jester_612
"Jammy..."

Highlights for me, commander is walking around building stuff. And texture engine has persistent changes included, unit tracks, scorch marks etc. aswell as being in a position to be demo'ed but lacks artwork.
Old 6th Mar 2013, 17:17   #198
Parge
ITX FTW

Big Update here

Also: New images out! First passes of the units.

Old 8th Mar 2013, 19:38   #199
Jester_612
"Jammy..."

I'm liking that stuff. Not so sure on the style of the ships, but it does say that most of it is early, and I guess it's in the vein of earlier screens it's more about the scaling and seeing how they fit together.

Also upgrades are live! But I don't need any
Old 9th Mar 2013, 12:15   #200
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Few bits and pieces in the latest livestream.

Skip to 54 minutes 20 seconds to get to the PA stuff