bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 28th Jan 2013, 01:15   #1
Lostconfession
Multimodder

Lostconfession has yet to learn the way of the DremelLostconfession has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Need to know: Power output for the power/reset switch

Need to know what the power output to the power on/off switch and reset button is

Working on some Idea for my next PC mod and found this on eBay

I am experimenting and I hope to find some new things to work out on.
Lostconfession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2013, 03:05   #2
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The powerbutton and reset-button-circuits are 5V. Both are simple momentary switches.

EDIT: Might aswell want to look at this switch -> http://www.robotshop.com/electronic-...-sensor-2.html

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!

Last edited by jrs77; 28th Jan 2013 at 03:13.
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2013, 04:19   #3
Lostconfession
Multimodder

Lostconfession has yet to learn the way of the DremelLostconfession has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
The powerbutton and reset-button-circuits are 5V. Both are simple momentary switches.

EDIT: Might aswell want to look at this switch -> http://www.robotshop.com/electronic-...-sensor-2.html
Thank you for the information and yes that looks good to use, I will see if i can find that on eBay.

I was also able to find this High sensative touch sensor for an arduino

maybe be able to cut over and through some of the trace to direct tap if it doesn't work with the quick release.

What do you think??
Old 28th Jan 2013, 14:19   #4
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Why do you wanna go with eBay for the touch-sensor? The one I linked you can directly buy from their shop.

Old 28th Jan 2013, 16:50   #5
Lostconfession
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
Why do you wanna go with eBay for the touch-sensor? The one I linked you can directly buy from their shop.
I know it sounds ass backwards to buy off of eBay when you just got me the link but I have bad experience with buying off of other sites. Last time I bought an equipment from a site I payed twice as much for shipping and it took 2 months to arrive. I found the same equipment on eBay for less and actually took 1 week to arrive.
Old 28th Jan 2013, 18:07   #6
jrs77
theorycrafting

I see, but robotshop is an US-based company located in Vermont, so there shouldn't be any troubles actually.

Old 29th Jan 2013, 04:19   #7
yoishiro
Minimodder

yoishiro has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i tried to look into those touch sensitive pcb , but i asked in a forum about it and someone told me that , depending on the chip , its the type of signal it will send , and the motherboard needs a specific signal , its momentary , but a specific one that the chip can reproduce

so , you better do some research before buying it , it has got to do with "Toggle mode" and jumpers . better check those combinations ... and another thing , you can have power on like one touch and on or the forced power off , not both on one button i think , its all about those jumper setings
yoishiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jan 2013, 22:38   #8
Lostconfession
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoishiro View Post
i tried to look into those touch sensitive pcb , but i asked in a forum about it and someone told me that , depending on the chip , its the type of signal it will send , and the motherboard needs a specific signal , its momentary , but a specific one that the chip can reproduce

so , you better do some research before buying it , it has got to do with "Toggle mode" and jumpers . better check those combinations ... and another thing , you can have power on like one touch and on or the forced power off , not both on one button i think , its all about those jumper setings
Hmmmm I guess it leaves me with more question then. I figure'd in some way I might not be able to by pass some feature on the touch sensitive PCB most are made for smart chip which can use the touch pad feature. Oh well

If anything yes I agree I just might as well go through the easy way out and use a Tact switch, They are usually momentary and if that is all I need then I can rig up something.

I was hoping to make a cool touch panel like on the Xbox 360 slim but if not I can still do something like the Xbox 360 Phat.

View Mode