bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 29th Jan 2013, 12:53   #1
jcb121
Modder

jcb121 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Rasberry Pi Competition: The J box

So, Starting a project just to motivate myself!

I'm currently in the stages of waiting until payday to buy stuff! (thursday!)

I plan to make one of the best Xmbc boxes going.

It's going to have a Wifi, 16gb on the usb, 16gb sd Card, Bluetooth, IR remote and an external usb.

I'm toying with the idea of de-soldering the RCA, Audio and GPIO to make more space in my tiny case.

I already have my Pi and have been playing around with it.

though I do need a tad bit of advice. I need to relocate the power connection, so I was going to hack a micro usb cable to a panel mount connection.

but I'm struggling to find one small enough, a DC 5.5mm jack is too big and long for my planned case.

and ideas guys?

current progress: 1%

jcb121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jan 2013, 15:01   #2
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Desoldering the jacks would actually violate the rules of the contest, as the case needs to have all the ports accessible.

Anyways, nice to see the first contestant

Stop using social networks and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jan 2013, 19:31   #3
jcb121
Modder

jcb121 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
Desoldering the jacks would actually violate the rules of the contest, as the case needs to have all the ports accessible.

Anyways, nice to see the first contestant
well I'm not going to be able to enter then :l
i'll just make it and enjoy it then!
jcb121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jan 2013, 23:59   #4
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Hi jcb121. Unfortunately as jrs77 says, the original ports need to be usable - this is to ensure that everyone's working to a similar design for the competition. Is there any way we can persuade you to enlarge the design a little to fit the ports?
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2013, 19:26   #5
legoman
breaker of things

legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb121 View Post
well I'm not going to be able to enter then :l
i'll just make it and enjoy it then!
nothing wrong with extending the jacks though My Pi has been happily running in a Cooks match box for months now I am working on a proper enclosure for it but sadly my plans are some what larger though i may have a dabble.

But yes nothing wrong with extending the ports and dont forget you dont have to have that USB hub as a sandwich layer either you have a fair amount of space to play with there.
AMD Phenom X6 1605T @ 4.5Ghz |Corsair H80 |Gigbyte970A-UD3 | 2X4 GB Kingston HyperX Beast | ASUS AMD 6950 2GB DirectCU II & Arctic Accelero Hybrid | Corsair HX750 | Liteon Blue Ray Drive | Samsung HD103SJ 1Tb | Crucial M4 SSD 64GB |Crucial M500 120GB| TP-Link 450MPs WiFi adaptor | Coolermaster Storm Trooper | Win 7 Pro 64it | Roccat ARVO | Logitech G500 | Bamboo 1 | Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW
legoman is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode