bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 29th Jan 2013, 09:50   #121
phinix
Say it! Who's your dremel?!

phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice build. Dome, wood, custom wiring, mITX - I like it.
Very nice LED work
For that watercooling connection - you could try 45 degree and short barbs, no need for compression fittings there for such a short distance plus it might be ultra hard to close the fittings on pushed tubing, no space for fingers
star citizen :::
ARBITER: Origin Jumpworks 325A LTI
phinix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jan 2013, 22:40   #122
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Snyggt

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2013, 00:23   #123
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinix View Post
Nice build. Dome, wood, custom wiring, mITX - I like it.
Very nice LED work
For that watercooling connection - you could try 45 degree and short barbs, no need for compression fittings there for such a short distance plus it might be ultra hard to close the fittings on pushed tubing, no space for fingers
Thanks phinix! Reg fittings I did try the idea without compressions, but that one also failed. I found a simple solution though, you'll get pictures soon. Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Snyggt
Nstan lika snyggt som pengar med hl i!

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2013, 14:29   #124
WaRn00b
bit-tech addict

WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.WaRn00b is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Truly unique build this. very nice indeed. Love the wood and copper!! Can't wait to see the finished product!
WaRn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2013, 21:11   #125
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
Nstan lika snyggt som pengar med hl i!
Is that a swedish joke aimed at Denmark?

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2013, 21:57   #126
siliconfanatic
Johny-come-lately

siliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Meeeeerrrrr!

Sooooo.... you gonna sleeve those up or find some other freaky way of cleaning up that ermm... cable orgy?
Do not let anything good in life pass you by. Cherish it with all of your heart, because before you know it even life will have passed you by. And if you let all those things pass you by? The only thing filling your heart will be deep sadness and regret. So whatever you do, hold on, and never let go.
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2013, 19:44   #127
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaRn00b View Post
Truly unique build this. very nice indeed. Love the wood and copper!! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Thanks WaRn00b!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Is that a swedish joke aimed at Denmark?
No, its MY joke aimed at YOU... Theres a difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
Meeeeerrrrr!

Sooooo.... you gonna sleeve those up or find some other freaky way of cleaning up that ermm... cable orgy?
I think Ill leave that mess be... Too much work for hidden stuff

Old 2nd Feb 2013, 12:29   #128
morgansk
I've got wood

morgansk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've just received the Arduino for my build - there's nothing better than getting something to light up purely by writing some code. It's excellent fun!

One question on your build - is there a reason you went for individual wires connected to the cathodes rather than a common cathode? Just wondering - I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to electronics...
morgansk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 13:18   #129
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansk View Post
I've just received the Arduino for my build - there's nothing better than getting something to light up purely by writing some code. It's excellent fun!

One question on your build - is there a reason you went for individual wires connected to the cathodes rather than a common cathode? Just wondering - I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to electronics...
Yeah, arduino is a lot of fun. The reason for individual wires are the tlc5940 chip. You can controll as meny as 16 LEDs with one chip on the Uno. I have two chips, thats 32 individually controlled LEDs

Old 2nd Feb 2013, 17:51   #130
siliconfanatic
Johny-come-lately

siliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Great. looked on the arduino site... new Uber-arduino.... Arduino Due. and this build is making me want to gloriously abuse that new power
Do not let anything good in life pass you by. Cherish it with all of your heart, because before you know it even life will have passed you by. And if you let all those things pass you by? The only thing filling your heart will be deep sadness and regret. So whatever you do, hold on, and never let go.
Old 3rd Feb 2013, 00:38   #131
morgansk
I've got wood

Quote:
Yeah, arduino is a lot of fun. The reason for individual wires are the tlc5940 chip. You can controll as meny as 16 LEDs with one chip on the Uno. I have two chips, thats 32 individually controlled LEDs
Yes, I understand that you want to drive a load of LED's, what I didn't understand was whether there was a reason you couldn't just connect all the negative leads together using one cable, then wire up the positive leads individually. I'm not much good with circuits so maybe I have this all wrong, but I think you could have done it this way and saved a load of individual wiring.
Old 3rd Feb 2013, 10:16   #132
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansk View Post
Yes, I understand that you want to drive a load of LED's, what I didn't understand was whether there was a reason you couldn't just connect all the negative leads together using one cable, then wire up the positive leads individually. I'm not much good with circuits so maybe I have this all wrong, but I think you could have done it this way and saved a load of individual wiring.
Of course I could have lined all those cathodes in a chain, but it would have looked worse.

Old 3rd Feb 2013, 11:47   #133
morgansk
I've got wood

Quote:
Of course I could have lined all those cathodes in a chain, but it would have looked worse.
Ah OK, I understand now - thanks for letting me know.

Last edited by morgansk; 3rd Feb 2013 at 11:48. Reason: Added a quote
Old 3rd Feb 2013, 18:18   #134
siliconfanatic
Johny-come-lately

Quote:
Now that ya mention it, it looks kinda neat. If ya painted the wires right it would look like some kind of organic circuitry.
Old 4th Feb 2013, 13:30   #135
Julien Pod
What's a Dremel?

Julien Pod has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think we have something in common ...

http://www.techage.fr/viewtopic.php?...0954&start=240

Should I have to say that I really love you work !??

(I'm also a real fan of your previous builds)
Julien Pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2013, 14:59   #136
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien Pod View Post
I think we have something in common ...

http://www.techage.fr/viewtopic.php?...0954&start=240

Should I have to say that I really love you work !??

(I'm also a real fan of your previous builds)
Sorry for the late reply Julien, but very nice mod there! I love domes, I guess you do too =)

So, its been a while. Been struggling with other projects for some weeks, but now Im back! Im almost done now. Just some cable management left, then its off to the photo studio.

Here are some progress:

Made a new I/O house.

5x USB connectors

And heres the inside. A bit messy, but Ill fix that. The coolant I used is the PC ICE gold. The idea is to make it resemble the resin of a tree.

This is how I fixed that fitting problem I had. I simply just switched places on the rad. Its very tight in there, but it works. I also added a small 45 with cover, for drainage.

Form above, with cpu block and flex riser installed

From the other side.

Some air trapped in there, but Im getting it out soon.

You can see I made a new 24-pin connector, aslo in walnut. I dont know if Ill keep it though... Starting to feel it might be to much. Might go with a regular black connector instead.

Here you can see the full loop.

Hope you like it!

Laterz / Quizz

Old 2nd Mar 2013, 15:05   #137
siliconfanatic
Johny-come-lately

APE SH**!!!

UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!! Bout time,too! one more week and I would've been trolling daily for updates
coolant Is awesome sauce. what kind of tree resin are you going for... I've found that the darkness of the resin can vary a bit..

Last edited by siliconfanatic; 7th Mar 2013 at 04:08.
Old 2nd Mar 2013, 18:09   #138
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
You can see I made a new 24-pin connector, aslo in walnut. I dont know if Ill keep it though... Starting to feel it might be to much. Might go with a regular black connector instead.
Noooo regular black connector, what you done is awesome quizz.

Quote:
Hope you like it!

Laterz / Quizz
Yes & glad to see an update on this, thanks.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Mar 2013, 08:20   #139
Asouter
--------

Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
I also made all the LED work under the mobo. Took me some hrs
I thought you had chased all those LED cables into the panel, but noticed it was shadow. I was thinking no-one could be that much of a perfectionist, Simply stunning Squid your work is truly inspirational

Current Project : BITZA
Asouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Mar 2013, 17:41   #140
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
APE SH**!!!

UPAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!! Bout time,too! one more week and I would've been trolling daily for updates
coolant Is awesome sauce. what kind of tree resin are you going for... I've found that the darkness of the resin can vary a bit..
Uptates are rare these days yes =) But Im back now. About the resin Im not that picky. Just something amber like. I looooove amber =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Noooo regular black connector, what you done is awesome quizz.

Yes & glad to see an update on this, thanks.
The wooden connector IS a nice touch, but my heart is telling me NO. Have to think about it some...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asouter View Post
I thought you had chased all those LED cables into the panel, but noticed it was shadow. I was thinking no-one could be that much of a perfectionist, Simply stunning Squid your work is truly inspirational
Thanks Asouter. I like your PI-mod idea btw. Nice woodworking there man! Carving in wood is something Id like to try some day soon.

Ive got a big problem. My GPU isnt recognised and the fans arent spinning. I guess it could be the flex riser, not allowing power to the card or something. Could be a bad riser also. I feel real stupid not testing the system til now. Since the project is built around a flex riser theres not much that I can do I guess. Maybe get a cheap GPU that not to demanding. Maybe then the riser will work. Suggestions?

View Mode