bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Feedback & Suggestions

Old 28th Jan 2013, 10:23   #1
murtoz
Busy procrastinating

murtoz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Pop-up ads on the front page...

Really bit-tech!?
I understand the need for ads / revenue and for that reason have you whitelisted on the ad blocker - but pop-up adds are in a league of their own. First full page adds, then the stupid inline adds, adds at the bottom of photo's in articles and now this...
You just lost a regular visitor. Thanks for the past 6 years, it's been good. But enough is enough.
murtoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2013, 10:41   #2
theshadow2001
I *am* a Dremel

theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.
meh, just use an adblocker extension and problem solved. Theres already a thread dedicated to this in feedback.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2013, 22:14   #3
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
This has been going on for far too long, so we've stopped fighting and turned on adblock as the answer.
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jan 2013, 12:13   #4
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD not a Modarator /Staff

Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.
I wish there was a forum where all we could see was adverts... Oh wait

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI,4 bags of weed
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2013, 18:37   #5
Pliqu3011
Zero Hoots Given

Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.
Adblock: everytime, all the time.
Old 1st Feb 2013, 19:25   #6
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelzebub View Post
I wish there was a forum where all we could see was adverts... Oh wait
The TV?
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 00:15   #7
supermonkey
Deal with it

supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Some additional feedback: I opened Bit-tech on my iPhone, the last device on which my bookmark pointed to the home page rather than the forums. Before the home page finished loading, I got a pup-up ad. I clicked the small 'X' to close the ad, and even though the ad closed, I was redirected to a new tab for another ad while bit-tech continued to load in the previous tab.

I'll give bit-tech the benefit f the doubt and presume that on the small screen of my phone I may have clicked the ad itself rather than the small 'X' to close it, but just to be safe I'm updating the bookmark to go straight to the forums. The advertising seems to have become awfully intrusive.
But of bliss and of glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song.
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion
supermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2013, 04:16   #8
xrain
Supermodder

xrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
The heck is up with this:

Do I really need to click 8 different x buttons of the same ad just to see the photos?

I've been regularly reading bit-tech for almost a decade, and I accept having ads, since I understand that it costs money to run a website and pay salaries.

However the number of ads lately has shot into the stratosphere, its on a whole different order of magnitude compared to how it has been for the last decade. It seems like every time I log into bit-tech I see a rash of new ads added to the site. Bit-tech has historically done very well on balancing the need for ads and the content on the site. It the site really in that dire of a situation where you are opening up the site wholesale to advertisers?

It is possible to have a balance between content and ads, why don't advertisers seem to understand the more intrusive they make an ad the more I do not want to have anything to do with their products.

To top it off, I also just got a pop up ad for a scam product. (a "free energy" device, sorry it doesn't matter how shiny the red box is or how many Ethernet ports you have on it, "Free Energy" doesn't exist)
xrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2013, 21:08   #9
cdb
No comment

cdb has yet to learn the way of the Dremelcdb has yet to learn the way of the Dremelcdb has yet to learn the way of the Dremelcdb has yet to learn the way of the Dremelcdb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've just had ie10 say it had blocked a pop up and then I got this pop up straight after.
http://c5.zedo.com//ads2/f/1542185/3...=;t=1367696166
cdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 20:24   #10
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Hi guys,

Just to say, I'm doing everything I can to get the more obnoxious ads removed from the site - yes even the green plague. Any time you see anything that's particular irksome, drop me a message and I'll feed it back to the advertising team.

Cheers,

Ed
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ads, pop-ups, why dennis sucks