bit-tech.net

Old 4th Feb 2013, 15:28   #1
Scorpuk
Supermodder

Scorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run Crysis
Opteron online

Now have it back online and temps all around 47C.

Will check out the Recon unit at the weekend.

Saying adios to Spain now too. Onshore phase over, now onto offshore phase from Aberdeen.
----

Had to take my server offline today.

I think I have a problem with the BitFenix Recon unit.

Did a cold reboot earlier this morning to sort a problem with my TV card. Everything looked fine when I restarted it, but F@H client wasnt picking up any work units, maybe unrelated. I then rebooted it again and then copied over the client to a clean folder and it picked up a work unit ok and started to fold.

Dont know why, but I went to check 'Phoebetria'; linux software to control the Recon, and it wasnt responding well and indicated all fans were off, eventually. I double checked with phpsysinfo and the temperatures were going high 65C+.

I was able to get someone to switch the Recon unit off and back on and said all the fans were running once again, so stupidly I check Phoebetria again and it said the same. Immediately after this the temperatures from phpsysinfo were soaring. I eventually shutdown at 74.4C.

OK probably a bad idea to run the heat sink fans from the Recon. But it was working so well. Temps always around 43C.

Folding Summary
Phantek Enthoo Primo; Asus Sabertooth X79; i7-3930K; 2 x EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN BLACK Hydro Copper Signature; 16GB DDR3 2400MHz; Silverstone SilverStone SST-ST1200-G; Samsung 500GB 840 Evo; 2TB HDD; Windows 7 Ult. 64bit.

Last edited by Scorpuk; 6th Feb 2013 at 17:23.
Scorpuk is offline   Reply With Quote