bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 1st Oct 2012, 12:13   #1181
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.IanW is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.IanW is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.IanW is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.IanW is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.IanW is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.IanW is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.IanW is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.IanW is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.IanW is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.IanW is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Great update Darkened!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkened View Post

Next I shortened an inlet (?), which is used to get the tube through the divider plate. There are stock parts next to the modified ones for reference.
This is generally called a cable gland.
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2012, 12:54   #1182
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
Awesome update. Your photography and lighting has gotten even better. This thread should have more views and comments!

I was talking E.E.L. Ambiense over skype, he brought up your return, we agreed it's nice to your project revived. We love doing scratch builds, but modding cases is a true Passion. Case Modding is not just about expressing artist creativity, but it also involves problem solving. You're challenged to engineer and innovate within the given space constraints. We open new cases as if we're handed a Three Dimensional Puzzle to solve. It's exciting to remove the side panel and peer inside a new case for the first time. "What are my objectives?!"

and Thank you so much for your comment!
Old 1st Oct 2012, 14:12   #1183
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Stop using all the ideas I pinched from you 4 years ago for my V1000

That pump mound is fab
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2012, 15:59   #1184
Mr_Armageddon
Modder

Mr_Armageddon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Really liking your updates. Awesome build.
Mr_Armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Oct 2012, 13:42   #1185
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
Spoke with Lian Li Rep last night about a future collaboration. Got on subject of community forums and encouraged them to make an effort to have a Rep more accessible to us for getting feedback from us, I told him to check out your project
Old 2nd Oct 2012, 15:38   #1186
Razbit
Modder

Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Read through the whole thread, gotta say you rock, dude

Keep up the good work, I wanna see it ready
Razbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2012, 04:51   #1187
Darkened
Hypermodder

Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Just a quick q&a for now. Sorry about the small delay with my answers and also with updates. I've been repairing a few computers and re-installing my own workstation during the weekend and generally been quite busy. I should be back on track this coming week.

@Weijjy

You know the "monster is in the details" And actually I'm just getting started with the stuff that isn't even going to be seen. More on that probably on the next update...

@IanW

Darn, that's it, a cable gland! I've used that word many times before, but I just drew a total blank when writing that update. That's what I get for not working on the monster for so long

@mnpctech

The improvement with my photography is probably largely due to the fact that photography has become my main hobby during these years. Before I used a Fuji S5600 (which feels like a toy camera now ) with strictly natural light and maybe an Olympus E-520 with a bounced flash with a couple of the last updates before the long hiatus.

These photos now are a courtesy of my Canon 1Ds MkII or 7D and mostly used lens has been the 24-70L so far. Some of them are also with the 70-200 2.8 L II. I'm also using a self made shooting table with a seamless white background. Usually I have a 120x80cm softbox overhead and a shoot-through umbrella or a small softbox as a fill. Those are lit with Elinchrom studio flashes. PP in Lightroom and if necessary PS.

With the views I can't be nothing but satisfied, but I'm with you on the commenting. It feels that this place has gone a bit quiet since I last was more active here.

I'm also with you on the scratch build / case modding thing. I probably could do a scratch build (although it would probably take even longer than this has), but a totally different mindset is needed when you are constrained by the chassis itself (that isn't entirely true since you can go in the direction you want with a case, even turning it into a scratch build with only a piece of the original case). The thing for me is that I've been doing this for so long (at work and as a hobby) that being "restricted" by a case is where my mindset pretty much is and I'm quite comfortable there.

Suggesting this project for a Lian Li rep to read is a major honor. Thank you! I do wonder if he has checked this thread out though

@Mankz

Don't worry, I should be taking the monster on a new course now that the shroud work is almost finished. Let's see if I can give you more ideas that you can utilize in the future...

@Mr Armageddon

Thank you

@Razbit

I was wondering why you've been so silent for a while, but reading the whole thing kind of explains it

I'll do my very best to get the monster done.

That concludes the q&a for tonight, I'll try to deliver an update as soon as possible.

Stay tuned...

Darkened

Project: Orange Monster - Project: Phantom Black - Project: Red October

Japhoto blog - Google+
Darkened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2012, 16:01   #1188
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Lots 'o win in this one. It's easy to see you got a better camera, but it's even easier to see that your photography SKILLS got much better.

Oh, you're using a light tent for the drain valve/fill port shots on the previous page, right?

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2012, 17:18   #1189
Darkened
Hypermodder

Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Thanks Nutman,

When this project started I bought my first own digital camera and it soon became more than just taking photos for this log. As cameras go, I moved from Fuji on to Olympus land with E-520 and E-3 following that. Now with Canon I've gone from 7D (still own it tough) to the 1Ds MkII.

During this period I've taken about 500k photos, so I'd be a bit miffed if it wouldn't show in any way Seriously though, I'm really struggling at the studio still, but I also learn something every time and the nice thing is that here my two passions meet quite nicely.

For the drain valve etc. shots, no light tent was used. Just a shooting table with a seamless plastic backdrop and a massive softbox over it. Don't remember about fill for the single parts, but it's possible. I'll try to take a photo of the setup at some point.

I'm actually off to the shop now, but only to tidy the place up for now. Tomorrow might be a modding day again

Darkened

Japhoto blog - Google+
Old 8th Oct 2012, 18:07   #1190
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
A photo of the setup would certainly be cool.

Thanks for the explanation.

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 16:41   #1191
Darkened
Hypermodder

Hey all, this is just a "public announcement"

I'm having issues with my back, which sadly happens pretty much every year when the weather gets cold enough. It's starting to feel better, but not so well yet that it could take hours of standing at the shop. I'll get back to work as soon as I can stay upright long enough

Darkened

Japhoto blog - Google+
Old 21st Nov 2012, 17:14   #1192
timerhan
Modder

timerhan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Cool! Very cool!
Like a shot, very professional!
Use more orange acrylic, looks amazing!
timerhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2012, 02:37   #1193
gvblake22
mmm, yep

gvblake22 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good stuff dude. Keep it up!
Old 26th Dec 2012, 17:02   #1194
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Time to set up a modding recliner.
-No, wait...That's what I call my toilet. You need a REAL modding recliner.
Stay well at any rate. We'll be here.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2012, 22:30   #1195
Darkened
Hypermodder

Thanks guys, actually my back issues are no more an issue (for the time being) and I should be up and modding really soon. I have two intervertebral disc protrusions on my lower back and they cause these issues once in a while.

The next update will probably "air" in 2013 though, but it should be a good one.

This is a bit late, but Merry Christmas to all and also a prosperous new year

Darkened

Japhoto blog - Google+
Old 26th Dec 2012, 23:06   #1196
Razbit
Modder

Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Razbit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Tapatalk informed me that Darkened had posted in the om thread, and I thought: "update update update!!!!" But not yet..

it's good to hear your back is ok again

Happy modding and holidays!
Raz out

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Rig: | 3770K | Maximus IV Extreme | GTX670 | 2x4GB RipjawsX | 2x120GB HyperX SSDs [RAID0] | 1 + 2TB Samsung SpinPoints | SilverStone Strider Gold 750W | In-progress Redefine R4 (Click to check it out ) |

The only easy day was yesterday.
Razbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Dec 2012, 19:31   #1197
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Merry Christmas, and...

bumping to tease the hell out of Mankz.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2012, 05:27   #1198
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkened View Post
This seems to be the year of finishing old projects, so maybe well see an end to this sooner than later.

Darkened
luckily also the beginning of other epic projects just starting to spool up im lucky to have found this one, it might sustain my update hunger 'till the other, just-fueled up mods start to take off . if cheaps slips up and forgets to troll fer updates, then, by god i will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Merry Christmas, and...

bumping to tease the hell out of Mankz.
next time. next time

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Last edited by siliconfanatic; 29th Dec 2012 at 04:35.
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2012, 12:31   #1199
Williz
Supermodder

Williz is definitely a rep cheat.Williz is definitely a rep cheat.Williz is definitely a rep cheat.Williz is definitely a rep cheat.Williz is definitely a rep cheat.Williz is definitely a rep cheat.Williz is definitely a rep cheat.Williz is definitely a rep cheat.Williz is definitely a rep cheat.Williz is definitely a rep cheat.Williz is definitely a rep cheat.
Just read through your whole log Darkened! I'm impressed with your work (especially your marked improvment in photograhy!) and I'm glad you've came back to complete this work
Williz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Feb 2013, 04:42   #1200
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
*cough* *cough* ahem *cough*

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case mod

View Mode