bit-tech.net

Old 24th Jan 2013, 15:28   #3241
DeckerdBR
Supermodder

DeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Anyone got any tips for what equipment and crew skills to use for the panther 2?
| RAM: 8GB Corsair CMX4GX3M2B1600C9 | CPU Cooler: AKASA Venom | OS: Windows 7 64 | SSD: Samsung 840 250GB |
DeckerdBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 15:43   #3242
Domestic_ginger
Supermodder

Domestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run CrysisDomestic_ginger can run Crysis
Rammer is always a must. I would use optics; very useful on mediums. Then GLD, EGLD or vents.

Repairs first as always. Then switch to BIA+repairs when you're about 120% on all crew. 0-50% goes very quickly on second skills. I think you'll be at the E50 then.

Sixth sense and clutch breaking would be the other candidates. I suppose its BIA vs the other two.....
Domestic_ginger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 16:21   #3243
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domestic_ginger View Post
I'm sorry but it sounds like the definition of irony; gold tanker driver complaining about gold ammo......
Old 26th Jan 2013, 22:22   #3244
legoman
breaker of things

legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.legoman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Its bad when a black prine finds an arty, its worse when it finds all three!

AMD Phenom X6 1605T @ 4.5Ghz |Corsair H80 |Gigbyte970A-UD3 | 2X4 GB Kingston HyperX Beast | ASUS AMD 6950 2GB DirectCU II & Arctic Accelero Hybrid | Corsair HX750 | Liteon Blue Ray Drive | Samsung HD103SJ 1Tb | Crucial M4 SSD 64GB |Crucial M500 120GB| TP-Link 450MPs WiFi adaptor | Coolermaster Storm Trooper | Win 7 Pro 64it | Roccat ARVO | Logitech G500 | Bamboo 1 | Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW
legoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2013, 19:49   #3245
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.
sold the E75 again today, just doesnt seem to work for me at all, didnt like it the first time but everyone was adamant how awesome it apparently is...so i re-purchesed it, and i hate it this time around as well, is gun is medioce its armour is a joke with all the high teir arty around and its to big to hide, to slow to run so its normally an instant death, also it has a HUGE fondness for being ammoracked ( like being hit in the lead drive sproket and ammo rack ) even hit in the headlight thing = ammo rack damage for me ) so i sold it again and apparently its the best teir 9 heavy.... hmmm
Old 30th Jan 2013, 20:58   #3246
Fingers66
Kiwi in London

Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgoth89 View Post
sold the E75 again today, just doesnt seem to work for me at all, didnt like it the first time but everyone was adamant how awesome it apparently is...so i re-purchesed it, and i hate it this time around as well, is gun is medioce its armour is a joke with all the high teir arty around and its to big to hide, to slow to run so its normally an instant death, also it has a HUGE fondness for being ammoracked ( like being hit in the lead drive sproket and ammo rack ) even hit in the headlight thing = ammo rack damage for me ) so i sold it again and apparently its the best teir 9 heavy.... hmmm
I used to like it but I haven't played it for ages now, I agree with your sentiments though, it can't really compete except in certain matchmaking and map situations, mostly it just gets raped by higher powered guns and arty now.

I know a lot of people don't like them but I prefer my IS-8, I drive it just like the IS-3 and it is just as much fun imho. It also seems to have kinder matchmaking than the E-75 as well.
NAS 1:[Synology DS211j] NAS 2:[OpenMediaVault]
Fingers66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2013, 05:53   #3247
brooksy
Supermodder

brooksy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgoth89 View Post
I am glad I am not alone here. First tier9 didn't like it sold it no regrets.
brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2013, 09:47   #3248
mucgoo
I *am* a Dremel

mucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for president
I like the IS-8 to. Crappy armour but fairly fast and a superb gun.
mucgoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2013, 13:26   #3249
j.col
Supermodder

j.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremelj.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremelj.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremelj.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Whats the KV-4 like?
I currently have the KV-4, Pershing, Vk4502A unlocked, so not sure which one to buy,
i may just go for the Pershing, as i really enjoyed the T-20 and it will be my first tier VIII medium, or the KV-4 lol

I already have the IS-3, Tiger II, T32 & T34
Old 31st Jan 2013, 13:43   #3250
Fingers66
Kiwi in London

Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.Fingers66 is definitely a rep cheat.
I think after the IS-3, Tiger II, T32 and T34 the KV-4 will be disappointing. Whilst it's top gun is a beast for a Tier 8 (107 mm ZiS-24, 320/320/420 HP, 227/289/62 mm penetration, 1,010 credit cost, 5.26 r/m), it is slow and has an appalling traverse speed and the turret traverse is really bad - meaning that you will be raped by the "circle of death" if you aren't careful. It's armour is great for a Tier 8 (188mm front hull & turret) but you are an arty magnet being so slow.

I don't fear the KV-4 in any tier tbh...

However, it is the only route to the IS-4 (via the ST-I) so I think for this reason is worth it.
Old 1st Feb 2013, 12:54   #3251
j.col
Supermodder

j.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremelj.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremelj.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremelj.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
thanks fingers
one last question, what is the IS-8 like?, as i am only 20k xp away from unlocking it, and i might just go that way first before i buy even more tier 8s
Old 1st Feb 2013, 13:46   #3252
Fingers66
Kiwi in London

If you like the IS-3 and do well in it, I think you will like the IS-8. You just have to remember that it is not as well armoured as the other Tier 9 and 10 tanks you will be facing but it is very mobile (for a Tier 9 heavy) so you have to use the mobility to avoid getting hit. The gun is great.

I enjoy the IS-8 but I know a lot of people who hate it.
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 17:41   #3253
J0k
What's a Dremel?

J0k has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hey guys, a few of the ZiiP members started playing too, loving it so far!

I noticed how hard it can be at the start with new tanks

All good once they rank up a tad though

I'm Morphine04 on there - hope to see you on the field
J0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 00:40   #3254
Marvin-HHGTTG
Marvin. I don't care what ^ says...

Marvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
BTW guys, the Dogs of War clan as was has split into two. DoW was a clan that a good number of us are in, but had become focused on clan wars and tank companies, which is great if you like the regimented structure and have the commitment.

For the rest of us, we've decided to mutually move to a new clan which is focused on the community aspect, playing platoons primarily, and having a laugh on our Mumble server. We also have a few of us playing other games including Company of Heroes, Supreme Commander and Killing Floor, but we're pretty open, and more of a gaming community, rather than a pure WoT clan.

Anyway, the clan's name is The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, run by the members, for the members. It's pretty empty at the moment as our cool-off periods after leaving DoW haven't expired yet, but we hope to have a reasonable community of 10-20 to start with and will be reasonably open to new players who've made at least a reasonable start to the game.
Marvin-HHGTTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 12:58   #3255
j.col
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0k View Post
Hey guys, a few of the ZiiP members started playing too, loving it so far!

I noticed how hard it can be at the start with new tanks

All good once they rank up a tad though

I'm Morphine04 on there - hope to see you on the field
Too true, most tanks are like that, eg. i hated the T20 at first, but once elited its just pure fun to play, especially with a 100% trained crew.
I always keep an eye out.

@Marvin, hope the new clan does well, i am in a similar clan over ay OcUK, we mainly play for fun in companies and toons, so there is none of the pressure of clan wars.
I personally prefer clans like this, more than the serious ones.
Old 7th Feb 2013, 13:27   #3256
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.col View Post
@Marvin, hope the new clan does well, i am in a similar clan over ay OcUK, we mainly play for fun in companies and toons, so there is none of the pressure of clan wars.
I personally prefer clans like this, more than the serious ones.
The clan wars are pretty amazing though. Creates a very new dynamic.
Lance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 14:04   #3257
WildThing
Hypermodder

WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks for the info Marvin. I had wondered what's been going on, as I'm one of the newer DOW members and haven't played that many games with the clan. I'm even saving up to re-buy the IS-4 as a couple of the guys asked me to for CW's.

Now though I'm not so sure because I've always been more of a casual player...
Asus P8P67 PRO Intel i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz Titan Fenrir XFX 6950 @ 6970 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 2x Crucial C300 128GB (OS + Games) Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Auzentech XFI-Prelude + Creative T7700 7.1 Enermax Liberty 500W Corsair 650D case HP 24" LP2475W Win7 x64
WildThing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 15:11   #3258
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.lilgoth89 is definitely a rep cheat.
well without going into to much politics and stuff, some members felt there was a little to much pressure to play teirX and get a clan wars line up, ( hence the split ) so if clan wars doesnt appeal to you in anyway at all, then by all means your welcome to join the GBU clan with myself, marvin and co. the move benifits both clans as the DOW isnt full of people with little to no interest in clanwars, and can expand, and the GBU ends up being much more laid back, with no pressure to play and grind for certain tanks, or fit certain playstyles etc

it will be down to the individual players as to who ends up where, and by no means is your chosen clan your fixed position ( you can switch between clans as you see fit ) and good relations between the clans will be upheld ( aka there is no hostilities between the 2 groups ) and your welcome to join Tank companies / platoons in either Clan

still lots of stuff to sort out in relation to the move, like mumble / teamspeak and such

and by no means should there be any pressure to join / stay with either clan, it will be a personal choice, and the folks in both clans will respect that choice
Old 7th Feb 2013, 15:23   #3259
Risky
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.
I've researched my first Tier 6 (M18 Hellcat) but won't be buying it for now as I want to save cash for the next equipment sale. I'm alos hoping to get some of the tier 6 on offer at some point.

The Tech tree was looking like http://www.veryrisky.plus.com/veryri...earch_tree.jpg on Monday and at current rate should unlock most of them other than the arty in the next week or so.
Old 7th Feb 2013, 15:25   #3260
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.
Currently I am making quite a bit of time for DOW so I am sticking in there, I have started trying to learn how to command the TC rounds as well which is harder than it sounds.

However if I need to slow down its REALLY nice to know that Marvin, 23ro, Lizard etc will be there for casual play.

And just to point out, that currently there is no reason to drop out of DOW because we've not hit saturation point, its only a way of saying "Clan Wars does NOT interest me", which is fine by all of us.
Lance is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
good track record, mmo, shelling out, tanks, tanks a lot, tanks for the memories!, world of tanks