bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Hardware

Old 8th Feb 2013, 00:07   #41
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Out of those 2 builds I would easily go with the AMD, their APUs are pretty decent chips, had a 3870k for a while, held up well to anything I threw at it (now the family pc).

The integrated graphics isn't as bad as you'd think, miles ahead of the competition.
Old 8th Feb 2013, 00:08   #42
Dean R
Multimodder

Dean R has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sorry we seem to be posting at the same time haha.

Okay thanks for the build advice, same to everyone.

Think I'll opt for this build, if you think it will outperform the Pentium Dual Core build specified by someone earlier?

Doubt she will upgrade down the line but I'll let her know. She could get a decent sub £100 graphics card which would surely be an improvement.
Dean R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2013, 00:11   #43
Dean R
Multimodder

Dean R has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeStorm View Post
Out of those 2 builds I would easily go with the AMD, their APUs are pretty decent chips, had a 3870k for a while, held up well to anything I threw at it (now the family pc).

The integrated graphics isn't as bad as you'd think, miles ahead of the competition.
Okay I'll be intrigued to see them. Just cautious because I read a review saying it struggled to run Metro 2033 at 1024x768. Although that is a beast of a game. hes only young but hes quite grown up so I hope this rig will run whatever games he plays (not sure). Gonna order this now and hopefully get it delivered by monday.
Dean R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2013, 00:13   #44
Nealieboyee
Packaging Master!

Nealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for president
This is skyrim on that APU. There are also loads of videos showing Battlefield 3, Far Cry 3 and other games playing on this APU. You can also pair a discrete HD6670 with this chip and you'll basically be using a crossfire setup. Edit: ANY system struggles to run Metro 2033 dude. Its one of those games!

If you are ordering this week, check the "today only" tab on the Scan website. You may find one or more of the parts on sale tomorrow or Saturday. Save a pound here and there.

Old 8th Feb 2013, 08:53   #45
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealieboyee View Post
ANY system struggles to run Metro 2033 dude. Its one of those games!
I don't think it's that bad. It's admittedly a far cry from an APU but a GTX 670 monsters Metro 2033 at 1600p with everything turned up. I'd want to know a bit more about these reports of the APU struggling to run Metro at 1024x768 - I was under the impression they had a bit more punch than that.

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2013, 09:28   #46
Harlequin
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.
very tempted to that mobo and chip myself - my kids have a 6670 so cf it would actually be quite a reasonable rig for gaming oO