bit-tech.net

Old 7th Feb 2013, 14:26   #1
Pieface
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Pieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Seriously not happy

Bought a 'New' 7950 msi from Scan. Well it's not new as it was an RMA return after leaving the slip in the flap under the case. Rang up Scan helpline which they said was brand new just return, so I gave it a go.

I opened up the box, no seal, and the seal in the graphics card had been opened in the anti static bag

After trying to get it to work (it wouldn't) I noticed damage on the board of the gpu so it obviously wasn't sent back brand new, but not working.

To say I'm pissed off about buying a brand new item which wasn't brand new, and an item which was probably sent back damaged, I'm not happy with Scan

The thing that's extremely disappointing is that another topic a few posts down is the same thing!

I wonder how many times something is sent out via scan where they remember to take off the RMA form and somebody doesn't notice.
Pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 20:29   #2
Pieface
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Pieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Just to update:

Ordered a GTX 660ti and if the same happens again it will be the last time using Scan after spending thousands there. Within the last 2 months I've had to RMA 3 out of 10 items
Old 8th Feb 2013, 10:37   #3
ChrisP
Retail Sales Manager

ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Pieface

Do you have the Invoice or RMA number.

Best Regards
Old 8th Feb 2013, 12:05   #4
Pieface
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
Pieface

Do you have the Invoice or RMA number.

Best Regards
RMA number is 294307
Old 8th Feb 2013, 12:33   #5
CrazyJoe
Ultramodder

CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It would be nice to hear an explanation of why this is happening, it's clearly not a one off situation anymore.
CrazyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2013, 13:26   #6
mark@scan
Technical / Returns Manager

mark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hi Pieface,

Firstly please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this situation has caused.

Looking at the notes I can see a call was made yesterday morning to advise that you had received a card and had found a previous customers RMA for the return of the card in the box. It was agreed you would test the card and report back if there were any problems, shortly afterwards another call was made and dealt with by the same member of staff, it was reported there was some damage to the PCB and there was no output from the card.

Having investigated the card was sold originally on 18/01/13 and then a request was made to return under the 7 day DSR's by the previous owner 24/01/13.

Amanda has informed me that this was advised during your initial call and no attempt was made by SCAN to suggest otherwise. In addition we advised that we would collect and replace or refund the card at that point, however it was agreed you would try the card first.

Clearly the card has not been restocked correctly and for this we apologise.

I can see that an RMA number for refund has been issued for the card and a collection booked for today.

I would like to make it clear we do not intentionally sell goods that are used, second hand or faulty/damaged.

Regards
mark@scan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2013, 23:50   #7
Pieface
I Mod, Therefore I Own

How long does a refund take to come through? Says it was completed on Wednesday but still no sign. Never done a credit card return before so just wondering
Old 17th Feb 2013, 02:24   #8
sniperdude
Supermodder

sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.
normally about 7 days to hit the card account but some credit cards can take much longer with a max of 28 days

debit cards are normally much faster
Old 17th Feb 2013, 12:53   #9
Blogins
Panda have Guns

Blogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieface View Post
How long does a refund take to come through? Says it was completed on Wednesday but still no sign. Never done a credit card return before so just wondering
Relax! As you used a credit card you are fully covered under Section 75 for this purchase in the event the refund is not processed. Just read my signature thread for more details. This is why it's always recommended to spend the banks money on plastic and not your own. Assuming you stick to the golden rule of paying off your statement every month! Feel free to PM me if you need any further advice but don't stress!
|OCZ Vertex 3 120GB (Solid State Drive - Boot)|OCZ Vertex 3 240GB (Solid State Drive - Games)|
Blogins is offline   Reply With Quote